Your 5 Favourite Posters of All Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Same top five for me for maybe literally 6 years.

1. Wise Guy Sam
2. The Filth Wizard
3. beez
4. okeydoke7
5. StFly

And then honourable mention

fumbler
Whenever I think, "should I post this?", I think of fumbler and how he probably never asked himself that question. Whether he considers himself as a throw-caution-to-the-wind poster or not, I couldn't care less, but it was the vibe he gave off and I found it inspirational.

The poster formerly known as MD
Specifically when he was MD. Up there with okey and beez for the poster who made me most terrified of their words.

Eth
I liked Eth.

I also like brahj.

I like very few people. I could only name ten more but I won't.

1. PVF - Where has this league legend gone. Back in the day when the league was at it strongest PVF was there front and centre. This was back when banter was actually focused on game related content and not posting purely for the sake of increasing one's post count.

2. ClarkeM - Much the same as the above. Clarkey had it all and probably still has. He should be immortalised for his contributions across the journey.

3. brahj - For those who haven't seen his royal rumble take down of my good self do yourself a favour a find the link. The only poster in the history of this concept that's left me speechless searching for air.

4. Uncle_Leo - Made the league enjoyable and could cause an extreme melt at the same time.

5. Wise Guy Sam - League legend. One of the best ever.

Last edited:
Moondog MD Nakia Jack The Godfather should not be glorified for his posting style, the words and phrases he uses nor for any enduring legacy.
You missed a couple. Please don't discriminate against Stabby and Cockarfitt. Can you also add the 21 to moondog. Thanks kindly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. PVF - Where has this league legend gone. Back in the day when the league was at it strongest PVF was there front and centre. This was back when banter was actually focused on game related content and not posting purely for the sake of increasing one's post count.

2. ClarkeM - Much the same as the above. Clarkey had it all and probably still has. He should be immortalised for his contributions across the journey.

3. brahj - For those who haven't seen his royal rumble take down of my good self do yourself a favour a find the link. The only poster in the history of this concept that's left me speechless searching for air.

4. Uncle_Leo - Made the league enjoyable and could cause an extreme melt at the same time.

5. Wise Guy Sam - League legend. One of the best ever.
Love the fact that PVF is getting some love.

Whether you've been in the SFA for 3 rounds or 20 seasons, we all have opinions on who our favourites are over the years.

These kinds of discussions use to be fairly commonplace, but not so much these days as most of the focus exclusively goes to contenders for the upcoming award season.

Anyway, this is a thread where you can list out your top 5 favourites, you can use any criteria you like since its a personal opinion.
Mine is:

1. Nakia aka Jack The Godfather - if you weren't around when he was up and about you missed IMO. Nakkers was one of the great trolls of the league who just knew how to upset people in very quick time. There's a number of posters who over the years developed such a visceral hatred of him that he get them to melt almost instantaneously. And when he's not causing melts he was often melting down himself in quite a unique way so certainly never a dull moment with Nakia and for me without a doubt the most entertaining poster I've seen.

2. okeydoke7 - yeah most of the league are likely sick of okeydoke7 and his CV and want him to fu** up. I love the fact that Okey is an unapologetic FIGJAM. I think more posters should be like okey. fu** being humble, if you win an award let everyone know about it every single week. Then there might actually be something worth bantering about, some of the most fun and memorable stoushes in match threads was when I was up against okey in S26 royals v wonders threads and the SoO series during the brief window where okey was back to his best.

3. brahj - I don't think there's anyone in the SFA ever to have their finger on the pulse like brahj does, #scandal is the only media thread that I've found a lot of entertainment value in beyond a 1 season time frame. He just knows how to make extraordinary threads that are both fun to read, and fun to contribute to because it's easy to get involved in the concept. And when he's invested in a match thread, he has a really brutal, quick wit and routinely ran circles around most of the idiots in the league back between S20 - S24.

4. ClarkeM - another one of the biggest, most hated campaigners ever to grace the league so naturally he's one my favourites. I've always kind of liked Clarke as somebody who evidently gives no fu**s whatsoever and back in the day, the classic ClarkeMedia thread without fail always gets people up in arms. In the early S20s, I recall a ClarkeMedia thread basically being, 'Yeah, Team X is s**t. Look at this excel spreadsheet/graph/dot point summary I've prepared' and people get annoyed to no end every single time without fail.

5. Frankston Rover - Frankie's just always been somebody I liked to come up against, he has a quirky sense of humour, he's a straightshooter that calls it as he sees it and in a match thread his posting is brilliant and substantive which always made me think about how I'm going to respond. And that stands out because a lot of match threads can contain a lot of dross. Also had a penchant for taking down the admins which recalled to be quite hilarious.

So those are my favourite posters of all time, I'm going to a tag spookism for no reason now just because when he gets the notification he'll get his hopes up and then be sad when he finds out he's not in my 5.
And to this day, I still stand by my evidence that team X is s**t. I may have forgotten who they were or what my evidence said at the time but * they are s**t.

He didn't even buy you breakfast.

And to this day, I still stand by my evidence that team X is s**t. I may have forgotten who they were or what my evidence said at the time but fu** they are s**t.
I believe one such piece of evidence led to the scourge that we now know as Blacky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back