Not open for further replies.

HR Roughnstuf

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey guys,

Over on the Hawks board we were discussing the best 22 of players that have all won 3 or more premierships. Here is what we came up with:

F. Rioli 3. Dunstall 4. Buckenara 4
HF. Morrisey 3. Brereton 5. Platten 4
C. Eade 4. Mitchell 3 Dipierdomenico 5
HB. Hodge 3. Knights 3. Moore 3
B. Mew 5. C. Langford 4. Ayres 5
R. Scott. 3. Matthews. 4. Tuck 7

Int. Roughead. Collins. Schwab. All 3 Kennedy Jnr 4

Emg. Lewis. Birchall. Martello. G. Dear. Greene. Wallace. Pritchard. All 3

It was pretty hard to cut players like Lewis and Birchall but they just didn't make the cut when you can only fit 22 players into the team.

I thought it would be an interesting topic to discuss on the MB.

So, what would be your clubs best 22 of triple (or better) premiership players?

This is just going to end up being a Hawk goo fest given not all clubs have triple premiership players let alone enough to make a 22.

We get it already, Hawthorn have had success in clusters.

This is just going to end up being a Hawk goo fest given not all clubs have triple premiership players let alone enough to make a 22.

We get it already, Hawthorn have had success in clusters.

Geelong are in the middle of their most successful dynasty of all time, surely they can field a team?

Also Hawthorn has only won 12 premierships whilst Carlton, Essendon, Collingwood, Melbourne etc have all won more.

Geelong are in the middle of their most successful dynasty of all time, surely they can field a team?

Also Hawthorn has only won 12 premierships whilst Carlton, Essendon, Collingwood, Melbourne etc have all won more.
We've only had 1 era which has experienced 3 premierships in short succession and from that Matthew Scarlett, Andrew Mackie, Joel Corey, Jimmy Bartel, Corey Enright, Steve Johnson, Joel Selwood, Paul Chapman, Brad Ottens, Cameron Ling, James Kelly, David Wojcinski are premiership players.

So we can field 12/22.

Adelaide, Fremantle, GC, GWS, NM, Port, St.k, WCE and WB definitely wouldn't have one I suspect. Carlton, Melbourne and Collingwood have some but possibly not enough for a whole team.

Which I why I suspect this will end up as a Hawk goo fest.

We've only had 1 era which has experienced 3 premierships in short succession and from that Matthew Scarlett, Andrew Mackie, Joel Corey, Jimmy Bartel, Corey Enright, Steve Johnson, Joel Selwood, Paul Chapman, Brad Ottens, Cameron Ling, James Kelly, David Wojcinski are premiership players.

So we can field 12/22.

Adelaide, Fremantle, GC, GWS, NM, Port, St.k, WCE and WB definitely wouldn't have one I suspect. Carlton, Melbourne and Collingwood have some but possibly not enough for a whole team.

Which I why I suspect this will end up as a Hawk goo fest.

Not sure where you are coming from. Last year Geelong did the ice bucket challenge with premiership cups!! They are also the 2nd oldest team in history and are 'the greatest team of all'.

Essendon and Carlton supporters remind us to no end how they have both won 16 flags, so I am sure that they can field a team.

Haven't the Swans also been one of the most successful teams recently, perhaps a player like Goodes spans a few flags?

Not sure where you are coming from. Last year Geelong did the ice bucket challenge with premiership cups!! They are also the 2nd oldest team in history and are 'the greatest team of all'.

Essendon and Carlton supporters remind us to no end how they have both won 16 flags, so I am sure that they can field a team.

Haven't the Swans also been one of the most successful teams recently, perhaps a player like Goodes spans a few flags?
It is a team of players with 3 premierships correct? We have 12 players who have 3 premiership medals. In order to win 3 flags as a player you need to win 3 in about 10-12 years and that be a player who plays in all 3.

We have 12 of them, have no clue how many the other clubs have tbh. Brisbane would have a good contingent.

However clubs that have 3 or less flags are unlikely to have a single triple premiership player.

FB: This, is, by
HB: far, one, of
C: the, dumbest, threads
HF: I've, ever, seen
FF: in, my, entire
R: life, ...please, stop
inb4 "lol Demons"

Dumbest - best on ground
You would say that.....but I agree

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won two flags between 05 and 12 very hard to find a triple premiership player out of those 2 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back