Your Finished Team 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Deledio Goddard Scotland Waters Clarke Shaw Carazzo (Townsend, Spurr)
Thompson Ablett Swans Hayes Pendlebury McDonald (Coniglio, Gibson)
Cox Kruezer (Giles, Orren)
Sidebottom Franklin Beams Robinson Dangerfield Rioli Zorko (Adams, Hall)

12 trades left and 50k

Only going for the league win and trying to build the team to peak for the GF

Any thoughts?

DEF: Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, Broughton, Suckling, Shaw, Ellis (Darley, Spurr)
MID: Swan, Thompson, Boyd, Ablett, Watson, Stanton (Gibson, Treloar)
RUC: Maric, Cox (Campbell, Redden)
FWD: Beams, Sidebottom, Chapman, Robinson, Martin, Zorko, Franklin (Elliot, Hall)

4 trades left and just enough cash to go Darley>Carrots next week. This team is assuming I go through with my trades this week to get Stanton and Scotland in.

96681268.png

team1.jpg

Probably the best team I've had in my short time playing, but it's taken a huge toll in trades. Had to fix several early mistakes and although I'd love to be able to replace Hargrave and Martin, and probably upgrade at least one of my rucks, I think I'm sticking and saving my last couple of trades in case of emergencies (and hoping there's not too many of those).

Delideo, goddard, waters, johnson, broughton, heppel, carazzo (ellis, shaw)
Boyd, Watson, Ablett, Swan, Barlow, Zorko (Greene, Gibson)
Jacobs, Giles (Redden, Campbell)
Sidey, Buddy, Chappy, Beams, Robinson, Danger, Martin (Porpoise, Treloar)

6 trades left, 80k.

Very happy with my bench cover at this stage compared to some others. Ideally I'd turn Martin into a premium mid perhaps and move zorko to F7. Would also love to turn Giles into Maric but am gonna sit on my trades for a few weeks in case(when) injuries strike.

Well done on getting a good unique in Grimes. I considered taking the risk on him but went with Malceski instead. Stupid me.
I had them both. One worked, one didn't.

Deledio, Waters, Broughton, Lake, Birchall, Shaw, Darley, Shaw, Bootsma

Stanton, Boyd, Watson, Thompson, Ablett, Swan, Williams, Gibson

Maric, Goldstein, Giles, Redden

Sidebottom, Franklin, Chapman, Beams, S. Johnson, Dangerfield, Zorko, Milera, Treloar

Currently ranked 789.

Deledio, Goodard, Waters, Broughton, Birchall, Shaw, Carrazzo (Smedts, Shaw)
Boyd, Pendlebury, Watson, Ablett, Rockcliff, Thompson (Williams, Gibson)
Cox, Maric (Redden, Staley)
Sidebottom, Beams, Robinson, Franklin, Dangerfield, Martin, Zorko (Zaharakis, Adams)

Ranked 17k. Piss poor.

5 trades left & 41k. May consider upgrading Rocky to Swan and perhaps Martin to Chappy

If i go ahead with my planned trades this week.

Deledio - Goddard - Waters - Birchall - Suckling - Broughton - Hargrave
Shaw - Darley

Ablett - Boyd - Watson - Selwood - Mitchell - Cotchin
Treloar - Gibson

Kreuzer - Giles
Campbell - Redden

Franklin - Beams - Sidebottom - Robinson - Chapman - Dangerfield - Zorko
Martin - Sexton

3 trades left for the year and ranked around 3k. I think i am going to stick with Hargrave depending on how he comes back this week. Should be fresh after a few weeks and will be happy with him as a d7. Kreuzer hasn't had the year i was hoping but will stick it out with him as well.

Midfield is slightly unique just because of the mix. No Swan or Thomson will probably kill me but I'm happy to go different. Watson has been one of my better pickups since the start of the year, Mitchell not so much.

Although i only have 3 trades left i have good depth in my mid/forwards with Treloar and Martin/Zorko. Unfortunately i have had a bad run with injuries and have stuck with my aggressive trading strategy so i have blown a lot of trades. If i had a couple of extra trades i would probably be saving them for something similar to these:

Hargrave -> Carrazzo
Kreuzer -> Mumford
Treloar -> Goodes (once he bottoms out)

Still might do one of those but will see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm worried that the Bulldogs will go down the youth policy route and Hargrave will get a tap on the shoulder TBH. He's not such a good player that he's guaranteed a spot in the side at 31 years old in a team that's nowhere near a premiership.

I'm worried that the Bulldogs will go down the youth policy route and Hargrave will get a tap on the shoulder TBH. He's not such a good player that he's guaranteed a spot in the side at 31 years old in a team that's nowhere near a premiership.

I was thinking the exact same thing the other day when trying to decide on which 2 defenders to upgrade out of Malceski, Hargrave & Clarke this week. I was set on giving Clarke and Eski the flick and hanging onto Hargrave as my eventual B7. But after a bit of thought I'm not so sure which one to trade out of Clarke & Hargrave. You make a very valid point about the Doggies potentially tanking the rest of the season and getting games into the kids and only playing Hargrave when they need him/don't have anyone else to play second tall.

Carke on the other hand has been in Collingwoods best 21 all season averaging a solid 73 up until 2 weeks ago. His game aginst Melbourne was poor and his last game was his worst of the year, but the rib knock and subbing didn't help.

I'm actually considering hanging onto Clarke this week even if he doesn't play and upgrade Hargrave instead even if he does play, even though Hargrave has a much beter chance of making his B/E as we know he is capable of scoring 100+ and Clarke to drop 20k when he does play.

Reason being Clarke has a better chance of playing most weeks for the rest of the year IMHO. His expected price drops are irrelevant if he is going to become my teams eventual B8.

My current B8, Ellis on the other hand still has a low B/E and could come close to or overtake Clarke's current price in 2-3 weeks time anyway even though he has a lower average, scoring ability & higher chance of being sub affected. Bugg also still has a lowish B/E and could get his price back over 300k in 2 weeks as well if he puts up a decent 80+ score this week. A repeat of his Rd1 score against Sydney this week would be even better.

Which would leave my backline looking something like this in 2-3 weeks time.

Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Carrazzo, Broughton, Premo, Premo (Clarke, Shaw)

Rd14
Malceski > Scotland
Hargrave > Carrazzo

Rd16
Ellis > Premo
Bugg > Premo

Deledio-Goddard-Hanley-Mackie-Birchall-Shaw-Duffield (Darley, Shaw)

Ablett-Boyd-Redden-Selwood-Pendlebury-Sloane (Williams, Gibson)

Mcevoy-Giles (Campbell, O)

Sidebottom-Franklin-Beams-Robinson-Martin-Dangerfield-Zorko (Treloar, Smedts)

5 trades left and went Beams to Zaharakis which leaves me 101K spare to upgrade Giles and then potentially go Duffield to Carrots.

Had a wretched run with injuries and I am ranked 42K and I just can't believe it to be honest

I was thinking the exact same thing the other day when trying to decide on which 2 defenders to upgrade out of Malceski, Hargrave & Clarke this week.

I already went Clarke to Hanley a couple of weeks ago. I'm thinking of keeping Malceski over Hargrave. I accept that Malceski might be in and out of the side, but I'd rather that than someone like Hargrave who could have a line drawn through his name any week now, especially after how bad the Bulldogs were against Brisbane.

This may change if Hargrave gets picked this week and Malceski doesn't, but I want to bring in Carrazzo ASAP and if I'm upgrading Malceski I'll have to wait another round for Carrazzo's price to drop, so if neither of them or both of them are picked this week then I'll trade out Hargrave.

Delidio-Goddard-Waters-Grimes-Adcock-Birchall-Enright (Shaw, Darley)

Stanton-Boyd-Thompson-Ablett-Swan-Mitchell (JMac, Williams)

Cox-Giles (Pyke, Redden)

Sidey-Franklin-Chapman-Dangerfield-Martin-Cloke-Zorko (Black, Paine)

Happy with my midfield. Few semi-uniques in the backline. Would love to have Maric in the rucks and Beams in the forwards, but trades and money is limited. If i get a good run with injuries (cross fingers) i may be able to do one of them.

Def - Goddard, Suckling, Birchall, Ellis , Grimes, Heppell, Hargrave, (Morris, Darley)

Mids - Boyd, Watson, Deledio, Selwood, Mitchell, Scotland, (Sexton, Jmac)

Ruck - Maric, Giles (Big O, Redden)

Fwd - Franklin, Chapman, Beams, Dangerfield, Martin, Lewis, Zorko, (Zaharakis, Dickson)

Thats my team atm, Scotland to head back to defence and my team is basically done.
I am 2nd for average points yet not inside the top 8. My Dream Team fixture is as unfair as the AFL fixture. Probably won't make the 8.

My team as it stands with 8 trades left and $44,900 in the bank

Deledio, Goddard, Waters, Broughton, Adcock, Birchall, Clarke (Darley, Shaw)

Boyd, Ebert, Ablett, Swan (C), Redden, Zorko (Pendlebury, Gibson)

Cox, Giles (Redden, Hall)

Sidebottom, Franklin, Beams, Johnson, Robinson, Dangerfield, Martin (Adams, Sexton)

Will most likely do no trades this week and wait for Carrazzo to go down in price then will downgrade Adams to a cheap DPP and upgrade Clarke

B: Delidio, Goddard, Scotland, Enright, Lake, Carrazzo, Duffeild (S Shaw, Darley)
C: Ablett, Boyd, Pendlebury, Thompson, Selwood, Mitchell (Williams, Treloar)
R: Maric Jacobs ( Redden, Stephenson)
F: Sidebottom, Beams, Chapman, Goodes, N Riewoldt, Martin, Franklin (Zorko, Crozier)

2 trades left, which is scary but good cover in Darley,Treloar and Zorko. Rank is average 10,000 odd?

A couple of bad trades early on ruined me, and my starting bench rookies never really came through looking very weak on the bench

Deledio Goddard Waters Suckling Shaw Lake Hargrave* (Darley, Heath)

Boyd Thompson Ablett Pendlebury Jelwood Kennedy (Williams, Kerridge)

Ryder Giles* (Redden, Pattinson)

Sidebottom Franklin Chapman Robinson Dangerfield Zorko Treloar* (Walsh, Lynch)

Would like to upgrade Treloar and Hargrave... but only have three trades left,
If i can somehow manage a straight swap with Hargrave > Carrazzo with only 8k id pull the trigger but is looking unlikely.

Last round of the seaosn will probably attempt one last upgrade and hope i dont get any injuries in the finals, as you can see i have no bench cover :/

Anybody who doesnt have Zorko on the field is kidding themselves, best pickup since Barlow

With 7 trades left and 234K

Deledio-Goddard-Birchall-Clarke-Bugg-Dempsey-Hargrave (Ellis, Shaw)

Thompson-Ablett-Swan-Priddis-McDonald-McLean (C.Smith, Gibson)

Goldstein-Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

Sidebottom-Franklin-Robinson-Dangerfield-Martin-Harper-Zorko (Didak, Pfeiffer)

Ideas on what to do with it?any would help?
Thinking to upgrade Hargrave/Clarke to an a mid priced premium
and maybe Mcdonald to someone like Rockliff?? this week

And then Next week upgrade the either of Hargrave/Clarke to Carrats??

Would like any other opinions or ideas? is 4 trades enough for the run home with the side looking the way it would?

With 6 trades left and $100K in bank

Deledio, Goddard, Waters, Scotland, Birchall, Carazzo, Heppell (Darley Townsend)

Ablett, Swan, Watson, Boyd, Mitchell, Pendlebury (Treloar, Gibson)

Cox, Kreuzer (Redden, Campbell)

Sidebottom, Franklin, Chapman, Dangerfield, Whitecross, Martin, Zorko (Sexton, Smedts)

Happy with the side, Mids and Backline are really strong, wish I could get Maric and Beams but will have to wait, I would really like to trade Martin to Beams soon but I wanna stay on 6 trades for as long as I can for LTI's.

My cover in my forwards is a little worrying but at least Treloar can cover either mid injury such as Pendlebury this week or forward injuries with the DPP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back