Teams 2023 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

All good, and thanks for clarifying :)

Yeah fair points all 'round. Laird is more of what you would call 'insurance', given I'm going to be out of the country and timezones are gonna be effed, so I can just plonk the C on him and it doesn't really matter if I forget to loophole anyone. Not something that applies for everyone, but for me personally, that stability, is worth the extra 180K on Bont, who I would loop Dunks and Doch most weeks, if I went with him.

VC loops can get tricky when you're busy (especially on the app while travelling), but perma C when you're sure they'll nail it most weeks - that's somehing you don't even have to think about.
All good mate, apologies from my end (and to JADED aswell) :thumbsu:

Yeah - that's certainly fair re: the travel (I wasn't aware). I'm in the UK so suffer from the same sort of issues. Can't always be awake at 3am on a weekend to shift the magnets around and if I am, I'm probably in a state that's detrimental to even try!!

FWIW I can see Laird backing up the 120+ avg and given a lot of the comp will also take the Doc VC, it's a chance to get 15-30 point jump on most of them. I'm not convinced GWS will send pressure to him and if they do, if they can even stop him.

All good mate, apologies from my end (and to JADED aswell) :thumbsu:

Yeah - that's certainly fair re: the travel (I wasn't aware). I'm in the UK so suffer from the same sort of issues. Can't always be awake at 3am on a weekend to shift the magnets around and if I am, I'm probably in a state that's detrimental to even try!!

FWIW I can see Laird backing up the 120+ avg and given a lot of the comp will also take the Doc VC, it's a chance to get 15-30 point jump on most of them. I'm not convinced GWS will send pressure to him and if they do, if they can even stop him.
Can’t stop him getting 40+ from tackles

Any suggestions on how I can fix up Toby McLean without ruining my already ruined side.
Only 7k in the bank

View attachment 1631747

So its either McLean down to Henry/Phillippou and then use the cash on top of either Ridley or Worpel.
Or find a way to downgrade someone and get McLean to Milera (33k), Bruhn (63k) or Flanders (100k). Josh Kelly is a potential downgrade, but I don't want to be too weak in the middle (Worpel at M4 is already weaker than I would have liked). Will Day down to Braeden Campbell is a move I am seriously considering.

Not keen on the ruck roulette of Xerri.
Would say trim all the fat from Davey, Pedlar and see what you can pick up by adding it to Mclean and Ridley, but yeah it's not enough, so you'll still end up with a battler. Bruhn would be a good pickup, Flanders too but then you're left with not many options as you already have Day, and Bowes is out. Maybe a Hunter Clark, but other than that, not much left to pick from.

Problem is, if you're moving Ridley, there's not much left until you get down to 370 and are rolling the dice on guys like Connor McGreggor, or Hunt. So your only real option left there is to go up I think.

How about ditching Pedlar and Davey, should give u 7+12+13 = 32k + McLean down to Philipou makes it 151k, then if you ditch Ridley, gives you 820k to get to Cummings, Lloyd I think?

I reckon that's probably your only option, unless you want to cut even further and go Poo down to 200k rook, and a T6 premium def?

Final team (Business at the front, Party at the back).

Doch - Day 1
Cumming - I Cum ming memes 69 nice
Ridley - Wanted a bomber
Mckenna - Literally been in for half a day ,don't like hunt
Constable - Eh
Ginbey -Love this guy, excited to see him play

Brayshaw -Got him in late last year, Wanted Oliver/Mills but i'll back Flagmantle
Anderson - Breakout szn, 1%
LDU - Breakout szn, 5%
Cerra - Breakout szn, 1%
Wanganeen-Milera - Half back general, junkpig? 1%
Worpel - eh just there cos good value
Ashcroft - superstar
Mackenzie - French

Witts - Boring, very boring
Xerri - Not boring, suicidal

Dunkley - Boring
Rozee - Breakout szn
Gulden - Breakout szn
Flanders - Breakout szn
Powell - Breakout szn
Sheezel - legend

Screen Shot 2023-03-17 at 4.10.17 pm.png

This is what I am rolling with

View attachment 1631890

Big gamble on Campbell, but few options around there to patch up (L.Jones, Hunt, Day) after R1 if need be.
Think Worpel over Bruhn for time-being.
Yeah, it's worth a crack. Good pick in Flanders, Campbell a worthy roughy.

Should have a fair bit of cash left in the bank, or did you spend it on someone other than Flanders and Campbell?

Doch - Day 1
Ridley - Wanted a bomber
Constable - Eh

Brayshaw -Got him in late last year, Wanted Oliver/Mills but i'll back Flagmantle
LDU - Breakout szn, 5%
Cerra - Breakout szn, 1%
Ashcroft - superstar
Mackenzie - French

Dunkley - Boring
Rozee - Breakout szn
Gulden - Breakout szn
Flanders - Breakout szn
Powell - Breakout szn
Sheezel - legend

View attachment 1631937
I swear to god if Cumming goes 69 on Sunday because you tempted the fantasy gods I will be unimpressed.

Could it be wise if you have the cash to get Bytel and bench him this week and then use him as the Hollands on field replacement next week. As his scoring will be much better.
I don't see any better 2-300k options. Only risk is having the extra cash tied up, but if you haven't got a set play in mind for round 1, it shouldn't be a problem, as you'll have enough trades to shuffle who you need to.

I swear to god if Cumming goes 69 on Sunday because you tempted the fantasy gods I will be unimpressed.
Just swapped Cumming out. I’m not going to be a sitting duck as RowellAnderson12 is destroyed by the fantasy gods. 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mordecai I have deviated from the path my comrade. Down to 21/30

Mitchell in for tonight's dumpster cookup.

As a result of the spare cash, I've just looked at Jack Bytel for the first time. His most recent numbers don't look like much, but it involves 5 subs. His 2022 VFL stats look juicy. Could be a bit of cream there for a rookie pick if you can afford it. Named in the 4kin CENTRE!
Lol - what a cookup it will be. All the best with Mitchell - his ceiling is hiiiiigghh.

You've convinced me on bytel. I'll ride that one.

Yeah, it's worth a crack. Good pick in Flanders, Campbell a worthy roughy.

Should have a fair bit of cash left in the bank, or did you spend it on someone other than Flanders and Campbell?
Only 30k left after that (Day to Campbell = $130k, then McLean to Flanders = $100k)

Happy to start with 30k in the bank.

Doch - Day 1
Ridley - Wanted a bomber
Constable - Eh

LDU - Breakout szn, 5%
Cerra - Breakout szn, 1%
Ashcroft - superstar
Mackenzie - French

Dunkley - Boring
Rozee - Breakout szn
Gulden - Breakout szn
Flanders - Breakout szn
Powell - Breakout szn
Sheezel - legend

View attachment 1631937
I would LOVE to get Nasiah in my team somewhere. If he he drops 80's off half back whoever has him is going to be VERY happy with him.

... I think I've done it. Locked and loaded.

Some of you may call it ballsy, inspirational, unique (etc.) ... many of you will laugh ... but only I know the truth ... is that I panicked and unconvinced myself about most of the premo-highmid players I had so am now left with a team of 'value' picks.

I shall henceforth be known as Frederico "Mid-priced Maniac" WA
Evil Laugh GIF

I'm confident hope every single one of these guys is going to add-$ ... I just hope they all don't peak at once.
Tom Cole​
Dom Sheed​
Tom Powell​
James Worpel​
Tristan Xerri​
Jason Horne-Francis​
Oscan Allen​

$114k left in bank for some final sat/sunday team announcement moves.

View attachment 1631675
Jesus Christ ..I thought you were joking around. Then I saw it.
A truely disturbing vision of fantasy panic mode and last minute insanity.

A wonderfully horrific work of art actually.

Last edited:
Lol - what a cookup it will be. All the best with Mitchell - his ceiling is hiiiiigghh.

Looks like Mitchell was as high as his ceiling during that 2nd quarter. 2 touches, to take his tally from 25 in the first, to 29 at the start of the 3rd.

We throwing shrimps as well as pork chops on the barby after what that little s**t put out that quarter.

You've convinced me on bytel. I'll ride that one.
🤞

Did think of that. Not a huge fan of the weak backline that everyone seems to be running with right now.

If I were to go down from Day, I am more inclined to go for Braeden Campbell before Jones.

Right now I am thinking the simpler option might just be McLean down to Henry/Phillippou and either bank the cash or upgrade Worpel.

I like Campbell, but Swans fans seem skeptical about him generally, and very specifically about his role in the team (most seem to think Fox is the better option, and Fox will be back soon).

I think the Swans should find a role for Campbell, but I want to watch this week's game before I commit to him. (I've been doing this a bit, because "we have so many trades"... it's just a shame I can't use ten in the first week.)

LOL - ive only just realised we still have unlimited changes.
Ive already made like 5 changes to plan ahead for next week.
rozee -> gulden
cumming -> young
phillps -> bytel
green-> setterfield
Merret-> jelly

nets me about 200k and hopefully not lose too many points

My wifes team created this morning

D: Brayshaw, Sicily, Hunt, Constable, Jones, Ginbey (Chesser/Wilmot)

M: Smith, Macrae, Kelly, Serong, Green, Worpel, Ashcroft, Mackenzie (Uwland/Phillipou)

R: Marshall, Xerri (Heath)

F: Dunkley, Cogs, Rozee, Gulden, Henry, Sheezel (Pedlar/Greene)

U: Davey

My wifes team created this morning

D: Brayshaw, Sicily, Hunt, Constable, Jones, Ginbey (Chesser/Wilmot)

M: Smith, Macrae, Kelly, Serong, Green, Worpel, Ashcroft, Mackenzie (Uwland/Phillipou)

R: Marshall, Xerri (Heath)

F: Dunkley, Cogs, Rozee, Gulden, Henry, Sheezel (Pedlar/Greene)

U: Davey

Lol my wife and her sister genuinely do have teams and I actually had to talk my wife out of making a second team today because she's shitty she doesn't have Taranto or Daicos. Her sister has both but also has Stewart so swings and roundabouts I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back