Teams 2023 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1632542

my final team... hopefully i dont make anymore changes, sick of thinking of ways to get some more money to upgrade my spuds lol
Probably nothing to worry about here, but I'd always be wary of using the captaincy loophole on an emergency. Can't imagine McAndrew being the sub, but you'd have to be wary of late changes.

Probably nothing to worry about here, but I'd always be wary of using the captaincy loophole on an emergency. Can't imagine McAndrew being the sub, but you'd have to be wary of late changes.
yeh, i'll be ready to change it if there is a late change ... ty

May as well reveal my team now that all has progressed already, please see below Satisfactory's 2023 Line Up.

All comments welcome.

1679142805842.png

DEFENDERS

Sam Docherty: Priced at roughly 110 but heads and shoulders above the other defenders. I think he has the capacity to go 115 this year with another year under his belt from the cancer and think he's 10-15 points better than the next best defender. Vice captain option in the early rounds and clear number one player. Lock, showed why on Thursday night with a 110.
Nick Daicos: He's a filthy little piglet and I absolutely love him. i highly value players who are desperate for the ball and he has the unique mix of piggish attributes with elite skils. Uber premium of the future. I wasn't afraid of the tag, i try not to think about tags anyway and note they had options to address the tag anyway but didn't bust it out. I just love this bloke and he rewarded me week one.
Will Day: As you can see by his order in my team (which is generally exclusively price order), Will Day was originally Jordan Dawson. I didn't see much value in Dawson but was preferencing guns and rookies and thought he was the best option in defence above Daicos as I don't rate McGrath or Young. After Xerri got injured I had to get into emergency mode, downgraded Dawson to Day and banked 300k to upgrade Xerri next week. I don't like Day but it is what it is. He's popular so safety in numbers.
Charlie Constable: Only just came back into my side yesterday, always trusted his scoring but was worried about his job security with Powell and Weller coming back. Job security still questionable but he has proven his scoring ability already.
Liam Jones: I feel slightly responsible for generating some of this Liam Jones talk and the universe has absolutely punished me in minutes. I loved the job security, the price and the freedom to intercept and get more involved in the switch for Jones than he had at Carlton. Didn't see much from him before the injury and the injury has well and truly ****ed me. Automatic trade next week and a 7 on my field is punishment enough for my sins. Will bring Ginbey back and trade Chandler next week for Jones, so should avoid disaster but trade needed.
Chesser: Liked the wing role, Eagles rate him hard - unfortunately hasn't delivered the scoring but the defeat today for West Coast means they surely need to continue to back the kids.

Cowan & Wilmot

MIDFIELDER

Bailey Smith: I think he has the capacity to be the top averaging player this year, piggish tendencies, aerobic beast and a high scoring fantasy side. Dunkley out provides more opportunity and he should excel. Didn't show the hunger for the ball that I hoped for tonight, but it's a long season.
Jack Macrae: Priced at 103ish with capacity to go 115 plus, I think he's beyond those numbers but should still get a bump up to 108+ and be a top 8 midfielder, 107 tonight is a decent start towards that.
Josh Kelly: High scoring team, highest midfield rotation he's ever had and a cheap price due to some * around this year. I think he can push 110 and be a top 8, so i've locked him in. Hoping for a big score as captain to kick the season off.
Caleb Serong: At that sweet spot in the 90's with the scope to boom up. An easy draw to start the season and a very tight midfield rotation provides the best circumstances to explode, i'm on him.
Finn Callaghan: Priced in the 50s, high scoring team, all the world at his feet from GWS and a strong showing in the pre-season. Don't rate the job security of Worpel, so Finn is the better option here.
Will Ashcroft: Speaks for himself.
Cam Mackenzie: Speaks for himself.
Reuben Ginbey: Love the flexibility of the defender in the midfield, which has already proven fateful to move Jones out next week. What a ******* beast.

Hollands & Davey

RUCKS

Rowan Marshall: Have to back him in, no Campbell round 1 so let's run it till it breaks.
Tristan Xerri: I love a cheap R2 and hate spending big, when Goldy wasn't named it was the impotus I needed and jumped on. Was a master stroke until he ****ed himself. Injuries already cursing me. Will gran Witts or English this week.

Max Heath

FORWARDS:

Josh Dunkley: Thought he was underpriced going to Brisbane for new opportunity and a clear Number 1 Forward. Didn't show it in the first week but there is still time.
Stephen Coniglio: Like Kelly, re-confirmed midfield opportunity and has the capacity to score massive when given it. Backing that in.
Tim Taranto: Originally didn't rate him due to the Richmond system. Eventually came around through the preseason and very glad I did, showed he can score regardless of the system.
Conor Rozee: More midfield time and should continue to score in the 104 range that he did in the back end of last year. Has shown it so far, lets hope it continues.
Harry Sheezel: Wowee, was always a lock at F6 but moved to F5 due to some guns and rooks moves I made leading up to team announcements. What a jet and with that half back role should continue to dominate.
Luke Pedlar: This was the one spot that felt week in the guns and rooks set up. Originally had McLean and JHF in this spot but sacrificed that cash tog et Day up to Dawson. unfortunately i've now had to hold that cash for next week anyway. I'm not massive on Pedlar but feel that with so many forward rookies. Fergus, Phillipou, Pedlar, Long, Davey and (from next week) Chandler, I can find one to stream in this position, so not willing to take the risk for the extra premium.

Fergus Greene, Mattaes Phillipou

Ned Long.

Luke Pedlar: This was the one spot that felt week in the guns and rooks set up. Originally had McLean and JHF in this spot but sacrificed that cash tog et Day up to Dawson. unfortunately i've now had to hold that cash for next week anyway. I'm not massive on Pedlar but feel that with so many forward rookies. Fergus, Phillipou, Pedlar, Long, Davey and (from next week) Chandler, I can find one to stream in this position, so not willing to take the risk for the extra premium.

Ned Long.
Risky going Pedlar on field, when the two bench players have higher projected scores.

May as well reveal my team now that all has progressed already, please see below Satisfactory's 2023 Line Up.

All comments welcome.

DEFENDERS

Sam Docherty: Priced at roughly 110 but heads and shoulders above the other defenders. I think he has the capacity to go 115 this year with another year under his belt from the cancer and think he's 10-15 points better than the next best defender. Vice captain option in the early rounds and clear number one player. Lock, showed why on Thursday night with a 110.
Nick Daicos: He's a filthy little piglet and I absolutely love him. i highly value players who are desperate for the ball and he has the unique mix of piggish attributes with elite skils. Uber premium of the future. I wasn't afraid of the tag, i try not to think about tags anyway and note they had options to address the tag anyway but didn't bust it out. I just love this bloke and he rewarded me week one.
Will Day: As you can see by his order in my team (which is generally exclusively price order), Will Day was originally Jordan Dawson. I didn't see much value in Dawson but was preferencing guns and rookies and thought he was the best option in defence above Daicos as I don't rate McGrath or Young. After Xerri got injured I had to get into emergency mode, downgraded Dawson to Day and banked 300k to upgrade Xerri next week. I don't like Day but it is what it is. He's popular so safety in numbers.
Charlie Constable: Only just came back into my side yesterday, always trusted his scoring but was worried about his job security with Powell and Weller coming back. Job security still questionable but he has proven his scoring ability already.
Liam Jones: I feel slightly responsible for generating some of this Liam Jones talk and the universe has absolutely punished me in minutes. I loved the job security, the price and the freedom to intercept and get more involved in the switch for Jones than he had at Carlton. Didn't see much from him before the injury and the injury has well and truly ****ed me. Automatic trade next week and a 7 on my field is punishment enough for my sins. Will bring Ginbey back and trade Chandler next week for Jones, so should avoid disaster but trade needed.
Chesser: Liked the wing role, Eagles rate him hard - unfortunately hasn't delivered the scoring but the defeat today for West Coast means they surely need to continue to back the kids.

Cowan & Wilmot

MIDFIELDER

Bailey Smith: I think he has the capacity to be the top averaging player this year, piggish tendencies, aerobic beast and a high scoring fantasy side. Dunkley out provides more opportunity and he should excel. Didn't show the hunger for the ball that I hoped for tonight, but it's a long season.
Jack Macrae: Priced at 103ish with capacity to go 115 plus, I think he's beyond those numbers but should still get a bump up to 108+ and be a top 8 midfielder, 107 tonight is a decent start towards that.
Josh Kelly: High scoring team, highest midfield rotation he's ever had and a cheap price due to some * around this year. I think he can push 110 and be a top 8, so i've locked him in. Hoping for a big score as captain to kick the season off.
Caleb Serong: At that sweet spot in the 90's with the scope to boom up. An easy draw to start the season and a very tight midfield rotation provides the best circumstances to explode, i'm on him.
Finn Callaghan: Priced in the 50s, high scoring team, all the world at his feet from GWS and a strong showing in the pre-season. Don't rate the job security of Worpel, so Finn is the better option here.
Will Ashcroft: Speaks for himself.
Cam Mackenzie: Speaks for himself.
Reuben Ginbey: Love the flexibility of the defender in the midfield, which has already proven fateful to move Jones out next week. What a ******* beast.

Hollands & Davey

RUCKS

Rowan Marshall: Have to back him in, no Campbell round 1 so let's run it till it breaks.
Tristan Xerri: I love a cheap R2 and hate spending big, when Goldy wasn't named it was the impotus I needed and jumped on. Was a master stroke until he ****ed himself. Injuries already cursing me. Will gran Witts or English this week.

Max Heath

FORWARDS:

Josh Dunkley: Thought he was underpriced going to Brisbane for new opportunity and a clear Number 1 Forward. Didn't show it in the first week but there is still time.
Stephen Coniglio: Like Kelly, re-confirmed midfield opportunity and has the capacity to score massive when given it. Backing that in.
Tim Taranto: Originally didn't rate him due to the Richmond system. Eventually came around through the preseason and very glad I did, showed he can score regardless of the system.
Conor Rozee: More midfield time and should continue to score in the 104 range that he did in the back end of last year. Has shown it so far, lets hope it continues.
Harry Sheezel: Wowee, was always a lock at F6 but moved to F5 due to some guns and rooks moves I made leading up to team announcements. What a jet and with that half back role should continue to dominate.

Ned Long.

Nice. May as well do mine too.
So many last minute changes based on where players were named

went young over daicos as a POD (now im scrambling to get daicos in). Young SHOULD do well but it was a gamble
McGrath over ridley only because Ridley named FB. I like the bombers run next few games
Judd McVee as a gamble instead of Chandler - that was a miss

Bray - has a good run coming up. tag be damned. Same with Jelly. These 2 are backbone of the mids for their teams
Bont - should have known better....but tried to save some cash
Setters - looking for a breakout. managed to avoid sheed

witts - i was just banking on a stable 90 each week. lucked out here
dunkley will stay in the side. wasnt a good game but he'l be top 6 fwd
gulden - on the chopping block. Has hawks next week so he'l stay for 1 more. Wasnt a bad game from him, but he spent too much time down back for me
powell - did better than the score suggests. slow start but look good on field. Awkward price though - might downgrade to cashcow

bench rookies - all meh. hollands + cowan expensive for the score

1679172823856.png

Phar Ace
Heading in with this set up barring any late outs.
900+ (4)
800s (4)
700s (3)
600s (0)
500s (3)
400s (1)
300s (3)
200s (7)
200 (5)

Oh yep my update Phar Ace :

900+ 3
800-900 5
700-800 4
600-700 0
500-600 1
400-500 2
300-400 1
200-300 10
200 4

I have the cash to bring in Bytel or do I save the cash and keep it for getting Chandler in after the round.
Bring in Chandler - Bytel is a watch as see for mine. If he's any good, the best coin you'll make on him will be in the next round anyway if his BE drops a lot.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

went young over daicos as a POD (now im scrambling to get daicos in). Young SHOULD do well but it was a gamble
McGrath over ridley only because Ridley named FB. I like the bombers run next few games

Bray - has a good run coming up. tag be damned. Same with Jelly. These 2 are backbone of the mids for their teams

gulden - on the chopping block. Has hawks next week so he'l stay for 1 more. Wasnt a bad game from him, but he spent too much time down back for me
powell - did better than the score suggests. slow start but look good on field. Awkward price though - might downgrade to cashcow

View attachment 1633419
Not sure why you are unhappy with 99's in Round 1.

View attachment 1633419

When was Gulden down back? He was running through the midfield most of the time and kicked goals. Not sure how you can be unhappy with that performance.

All comments welcome.

View attachment 1633319

DEFENDERS

Sam Docherty: Priced at roughly 110 but heads and shoulders above the other defenders. I think he has the capacity to go 115 this year with another year under his belt from the cancer and think he's 10-15 points better than the next best defender. Vice captain option in the early rounds and clear number one player. Lock, showed why on Thursday night with a 110. Agree - is a lock and not sure why anyone would not have him.
Nick Daicos: He's a filthy little piglet and I absolutely love him. i highly value players who are desperate for the ball and he has the unique mix of piggish attributes with elite skils. Uber premium of the future. I wasn't afraid of the tag, i try not to think about tags anyway and note they had options to address the tag anyway but didn't bust it out. I just love this bloke and he rewarded me week one. - Said exactly what i was thinking - when everyone was saying why, or which (Daicos and Young) - I said why not both!
Will Day: As you can see by his order in my team (which is generally exclusively price order), Will Day was originally Jordan Dawson. I didn't see much value in Dawson but was preferencing guns and rookies and thought he was the best option in defence above Daicos as I don't rate McGrath or Young. After Xerri got injured I had to get into emergency mode, downgraded Dawson to Day and banked 300k to upgrade Xerri next week. I don't like Day but it is what it is. He's popular so safety in numbers. He surprised me a bit today, was better with last year under his belt. His stride is elite and will catch many oppo's out
Charlie Constable: Only just came back into my side yesterday, always trusted his scoring but was worried about his job security with Powell and Weller coming back. Job security still questionable but he has proven his scoring ability already. Hell, he's there for the cash, not for any idyllic grand standing. Show me the money Charlie, then be off with you.
Liam Jones: I feel slightly responsible for generating some of this Liam Jones talk and the universe has absolutely punished me in minutes. I loved the job security, the price and the freedom to intercept and get more involved in the switch for Jones than he had at Carlton. Didn't see much from him before the injury and the injury has well and truly ****ed me. Automatic trade next week and a 7 on my field is punishment enough for my sins. Will bring Ginbey back and trade Chandler next week for Jones, so should avoid disaster but trade needed. Just could not bring myself to choose this guy. Please he had a lovely Praccy, but it is Liam Jones ffs.
Chesser: Liked the wing role, Eagles rate him hard - unfortunately hasn't delivered the scoring but the defeat today for West Coast means they surely need to continue to back the kids. Could not see him on the ground - he was solid enough. I had Ginbey here because there were too many legitimate ones in the Mids so this pushed Chesser to a Mid Bench player.
I had Young (as mentioned) and Cole who was coming back from an extended lay off so wasn't expecting alot, but 70pts from a $349k pick was gold. Hope Simmo sees his is better value than Witherden.

Cowan & Wilmot I had Cowan and McVee - McVee made some coin.

MIDFIELDER

Bailey Smith: I think he has the capacity to be the top averaging player this year, piggish tendencies, aerobic beast and a high scoring fantasy side. Dunkley out provides more opportunity and he should excel. Didn't show the hunger for the ball that I hoped for tonight, but it's a long season. Smith is better that that. I just wonder how his head space is with all the promotional stuff. He's still young, a huge talent unfulfilled. I took Clarry instead.
Jack Macrae: Priced at 103ish with capacity to go 115 plus, I think he's beyond those numbers but should still get a bump up to 108+ and be a top 8 midfielder, 107 tonight is a decent start towards that. It's all about the Bevo. He is still up with the best
Josh Kelly: High scoring team, highest midfield rotation he's ever had and a cheap price due to some * around this year. I think he can push 110 and be a top 8, so i've locked him in. Hoping for a big score as captain to kick the season off. Had him in, had him out, had him in and then changed it all about. Just have a hunch that Matt Rowell is ready to repay the faith. No marks is a problem in his game, but his is trusted to hunt the ball and hunt he will.
Caleb Serong: At that sweet spot in the 90's with the scope to boom up. An easy draw to start the season and a very tight midfield rotation provides the best circumstances to explode, i'm on him. Had Serong a few years back. His game is still a bit outside for where he should be imho. Won't surprise to see him take a step. I went Sheed for the money honey. He didn't fail, he didn't succeed. Fact is WCE need him so he will build some more value before used to step up.
Finn Callaghan: Priced in the 50s, high scoring team, all the world at his feet from GWS and a strong showing in the pre-season. Don't rate the job security of Worpel, so Finn is the better option here. Worpel or Finn - again why not both. They both performed well for their cost. Was I expect tons - hell no, I want money. They both did very well in those circumstances.
Will Ashcroft: Speaks for himself. Have him too (who doesn't) A bit disappointing in a really s**t Lions team performance. He's not getting moved on any time soon.
Cam Mackenzie: Speaks for himself. Moved him to my bench after the Hollands fiasco - got cold feet on $250plus rookies.
Reuben Ginbey: Love the flexibility of the defender in the midfield, which has already proven fateful to move Jones out next week. What a ******* beast. Good kid, wish he was Tiger! On the field as my D6

Hollands & Davey Just missed out on getting Davey - ended up with Bergman for the sake of $4k as my Utility. Bergman surprised me. Still wish I had Davey

RUCKS

Rowan Marshall: Have to back him in, no Campbell round 1 so let's run it till it breaks. Had him all pre -season - then Friday got very cold feet on his running mate in Blicavs, so it was over to Witts and down to Cameron (so i could get Clarry). Dodged the RoMa bullet but got hit with the one for Cameron.
Tristan Xerri: I love a cheap R2 and hate spending big, when Goldy wasn't named it was the impotus I needed and jumped on. Was a master stroke until he ****ed himself. Injuries already cursing me. Will gran Witts or English this week. Must admit I was giving this guy some thought after listening to the The Traders Thursday night, but then looked at his actually historical rucking form and it wasn't that good (yeah Ok it was affected by Goldy). Probs dodged a big bullet

Max Heath Preferred Lachlan Andrews at the Swans

FORWARDS:

Josh Dunkley: Thought he was underpriced going to Brisbane for new opportunity and a clear Number 1 Forward. Didn't show it in the first week but there is still time. Is another Lock like Docherty for mine - but the history was there against Port - no tons in three years
Stephen Coniglio: Like Kelly, re-confirmed midfield opportunity and has the capacity to score massive when given it. Backing that in. Had Cogs instead of Taranto - give how deep this line went I had to choose one. Taranto's form in the Praccy tipped me. Don't normally like Tiger Fantasy players. Cogs was outstanding too.
Tim Taranto: Originally didn't rate him due to the Richmond system. Eventually came around through the preseason and very glad I did, showed he can score regardless of the system. Snap
Conor Rozee: More midfield time and should continue to score in the 104 range that he did in the back end of last year. Has shown it so far, lets hope it continues. Was a lock from day one.
Harry Sheezel: Wowee, was always a lock at F6 but moved to F5 due to some guns and rooks moves I made leading up to team announcements. What a jet and with that half back role should continue to dominate. Was as much a lock as Ashcroft and didn't he prove it. It was WCE as oppo, so don't expect another performance like again any time soon, but he's going nowhere out of my side for now.
Luke Pedlar: This was the one spot that felt week in the guns and rooks set up. Originally had McLean and JHF in this spot but sacrificed that cash tog et Day up to Dawson. unfortunately i've now had to hold that cash for next week anyway. I'm not massive on Pedlar but feel that with so many forward rookies. Fergus, Phillipou, Pedlar, Long, Davey and (from next week) Chandler, I can find one to stream in this position, so not willing to take the risk for the extra premium. Pedlar was on my bench after hearing Doodee speak about him on The Traders. $213k always sounded too cheap.
Had Gulden and Flanders for value - neither really disappointed. Gulden's role will be tricky at times in their squad but he might actually be a keeper for a quite a while. I'm expecting a couple of off scores though. Still like Flanders, he'll get better and better with more mid rotation time. It will be a slow burn so maybe he has to go early for the convenience of some better trading options.
Fergus Greene, Mattaes Phillipou Also had Kade Chandler here - like Pedlar was just too cheap to ignore and chose him over Phillpou, even though he looked good too. But at the coin and the Hollands burning a hole in my pocket, I figure if the Pou was any good, he's BE will be such i cannot ignore. I'll probably miss this week as a trade though.

Ned Long. Ned was better the game got longer (no pun intended). I lucked in with Bergman as mentioned.
You have gone to quite a bit of an effort here (expand to see), so I'm inclined to honour that by commenting as requested . My comments are within your post but in RED (expand to see)

My wifes team created this morning

D: Brayshaw, Sicily, Hunt, Constable, Jones, Ginbey (Chesser/Wilmot)

M: Smith, Macrae, Kelly, Serong, Green, Worpel, Ashcroft, Mackenzie (Uwland/Phillipou)

R: Marshall, Xerri (Heath)

F: Dunkley, Cogs, Rozee, Gulden, Henry, Sheezel (Pedlar/Greene)

U: Davey
What's your son's team looking like for Round 2?

Finally back in front of a computer for the first time since last Wednesday, so can post my final team. Was a little concerned about the D6/F6 rookie roulette and the Bytel pick (was torn between him and Callahan). Comfortable with Yeo up to Sicily. No comment on the Round 1 scores for some of those uniques (Mr Andreson and Cumming I'm looking at you...).

1679261923460.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back