Your trade plan and how many do you have left? (Rd14)

How many trades do you have left?

• Less than 4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 17+ - You're doing it wrong!

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

May 11, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
How many trades do you have left?

How do you intend on using them?

How many are you planning on leaving for finals?

Who do you have in your team that will be out during finals?

Who out of them will you keep and who will you trade?

I have 8 trades left but plan on using 2 this week and then maybe 1 more downgrade and then another upgrade closer to the finals completing my side and leaving me with 4 trades for finals.

Week 1 North - Petrie

Week 2 Geelong - Bartel, Chapman, Vardy

Week 3 Carlton - Gibbs

Week 4 Essendon - Hibberd, Heppell

In a perfect world where I have no other injuries this year. I will sideways trade. Petrie, Bartel, Chapman and Gibbs. Also depending on cash and options at the time.

Have 10 left, will be using 2 in the next 2 weeks. Which will leave me 8, 6 of which I'd like to keep for finals.

Week 1 - none

Week 2 - Chapman

Week 3 - Gibbs, Murphy

Week 4 - Hibberd (don't plan on having Heppell by then)

I have 12 left and $150,000 - but after the weekend my trade plan is in tatters. Just waiting to see what the MRP does and go from there.

Ideally I wanted to leave 6 trades for finals / injuries.

5 trades left.

Will downgrade Z Smith to 80k kid next week.

4 Trades, 250K bank

Trade 1: Heppell - Fisher
Trade 2: Hodge - Ablett
Trade 3: LTI/Finals
Trade 4: LTI/Finals

8 trades left. $40k

Gibbs is my only player in finals (apart from Heppell who I am happy to sit on bench if he's still in the team).

Plan is to avoid trading completly until around round 17.

Plan is to downgrade Smith, and someone else (maybe Vickery) to fund 3 upgrades (M6, F7 and either F6 or B7) in the weeks leading up to finals. This will leave me with 3 for finals. one for gibbs. But guessing injuries will mean i might only get to do one downgrade and 2 upgrades.

risky as but i need risks to win my league, probably around about the 5th best.

I have 5 trades left, and plan to use 2 more this week to complete my backline. Will give me 23 premiums, with 8 in the forwardline.

Plan was to trade early and aggressively and ride my luck. Not going to win the prize playing conservatively. League wins don't really interest me.

I have 5 trades left, and plan to use 2 more this week to complete my backline. Will give me 23 premiums, with 8 in the forwardline.

Plan was to trade early and aggressively and ride my luck. Not going to win the prize playing conservatively. League wins don't really interest me.

I went in with the same plan. Had a team stacked with premiums for a while now but I have been screwed over so far with injuries and underperforming premiums.

Have 4 trades left. Was gonna sit on that for the rest of the year but considering trading to bring in Ablett. My midfield is Swan, Pendles, Watson, Bartel, Montagna, Martin and Scully. I have really good depth in my forward line and mids with Scully as m7 and Didak as f8 so I can cover byes and some injuries.

Thoughts? It's pretty out there to only have 2 trades left and Martin has been good for me but not having Ablett or Murphy is killing me.

Team would then be:

Goddard - Gibbs - Deledio - Suckling - Shaw - Adcock - Heppell
S. Otten - Toy - Jacobs

Swan - Pendlebury - Ablett - Watson - Bartel - Montagna
S. Scully - Mzungu - I.Smith

Cox - Smith
S. Lobbe - Derrickx

Johnson - Sylvia - Rioli - Reiwoldt - Petrie - Lecras - ROK
S. Didak - Prestia - Callinan

6 trades and $500

Want to dump J.Roo, Hodge and bring in Johnson and Murphy

last 4 will go towards finals/injuries

How many trades do you have left? 6

How do you intend on using them? Will upgrade a back and fwd this week, save rest for finals.

How many are you planning on leaving for finals? 4

Who do you have in your team that will be out during finals? Murphy, Gibbs, Enright, Petrie... hoping to avoid week 2 of the finals. :p

Who out of them will you keep and who will you trade? Probably keep most, pending opposition/cover. Murphy and Gibbs most likely to be traded at prelim stage.

Only my 2nd year of DT. Learnt a lot this year. Burnt a few trades in crazy pyramid schemes. But overall, fairly happy with my coaching and premium selections. Been cruelled by LTIs to a number of players, though, but I guess that will always happen.

Basically thinking of finalizing my side over the next 2 weeks and doing 4 trades to leave me with 2 for the remaining 9 rounds of the season.

Some people may same im crazy, but the risk is worth taking from where i sit now. I cant see to many sides resting heaps of players like Fremantle and Stkilda style. This is mainly due to a very competitive 6-12 and also a competitive top 4-6.

Also by doing this it means i have a premium/keeper type emergency for each position. Heppell B8/M7, Higgins M7/F8, Petrie R3

I also have a little plan to finalise all my trades for round 17, meaning 0 trades for the remaining 7 games.

Very Risky, but could still pay off

How many left: 8

Trading Plan: Will look to bring in Fisher after the Saints bye for one of my Bomber rookies prob Heppell. Prestia to Callinan to fund this. Will keep 6 for LTI's and finals.

Players Missing through byes: Week 1 Petrie, Rawlings Week 2: Enright, Stevie J Week 3: Gibbs Week 4: Watson

Best 22 after the bye

Def: Gibbs, Goddard, Enright, Rawlings, Fisher, Adcock, Hibberd (Lower, Poo, Howard)

Mid: Swan, Pendlebury, Ablett, Boyd, Watson, Mitchell (Harris, Bewick, Mzungu)

Ruck: Cox, Petrie (Z.Smith, Moran)

Fwd: Stevie J, Franklin, Sylvia, Cloke, N.Roo, Pavlich, Goodes (Didak, Callinan, T.Lynch)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10 trades left - marginal on a full team again this week (no thanks to adcock, mummy & buddy)

Planning to sit tight on trades for the next 4 weeks, as my two hardest league games are the last two rounds (currently 2nd, playing 1st & 3rd). Aiming to leave for 6 for finals.

Upgrade priority is Knights, Heppell then NRoo (injuries allowing)

"I have 5 trades left, and plan to use 2 more this week to complete my backline. Will give me 23 premiums, with 8 in the forwardline."

who's your forward line ?

With Franklin, Riewoldt, Matera and possibly Darling out in my forwards this week, I'm going to be forced to trade Matera or Darling.. Probably will downgrade to Dalhaus and then will have 200k to upgrade Toy to either Fisher (next week) or Suckling.. Probably Suckling at this stage since my finger is itchy..

Then I'll have 4 trades left (currently ranked 750ish).. none of which I will be using..
Leaves me with Lower on the field with Puopolo/Hibberd as B8, Darling/I.Smith F8, Heppell/Mzungu as M7 and Z.Smith R3

Alright, the man has a plan.....

This week: Lynch -> Howe, Selwood -> Fyfe
Leaves: 10 trades and $230,000

Next week: Puopolo -> Fisher, Ellard -> Swan
Leaves: 8 trades and ~ $50,000

Week after: D.Swallow -> rookie, Foley -> G.Ablett (not 100% sure yet)
Leaves: 6 trades and ~ $70,000

Round 17?: Zac Smith -> Bathie, Browne -> Sandilands
Leaves: 4 trades and ~ $150,000

Final team of:

DEF: Gibbs, Scotland, Goddard, Fisher, Deledio, Suckling, Broughton (Otten, Stanley, Jacobs)
MID: Swan, Pendlebury, Murphy, Shiels, Rockliff, G.Ablett (Hibberd, Howe, rookie)
RUCK: Sandilands, Cox (Vickery, Bathie)
FWD: O'Keefe, Goodes, Franklin, NReiwoldt, Fyfe, Pavlich, Didak, (Knights, Mzungu, I.Smith)

Less trades than I wanted for the end, but should be adequate cover unless my team implodes. Everything going to plan I will cull my 2 most expensive dispensable players for a final double upgrade (more than likely into forward line like a StevieJ/Chapman after their bye). Well thats the plan anyways - probably change again after I had one set last week.......

Have 9 trades left. Have no real second ruck (Bailey and Smith atm). With Franklin, Riewoldt and Darling out I have two zeros in the forwardline this week unless O'Brien or Matera come in.

I'm really lost at what to do at the moment. With everyone playing in my forward line I have ROK, Sylvia, Goodes, Franklin, Riewoldt, Rioli and Yarran. I'm pretty happy to just leave this for the rest of the year but with two out I have no-one to come in. I have 200k in the bank but don't want to make a trade only to make Yarran or someone else sit on the bench wasting money...

Have 9 trades left. Have no real second ruck (Bailey and Smith atm). With Franklin, Riewoldt and Darling out I have two zeros in the forwardline this week unless O'Brien or Matera come in.

I'm really lost at what to do at the moment. With everyone playing in my forward line I have ROK, Sylvia, Goodes, Franklin, Riewoldt, Rioli and Yarran. I'm pretty happy to just leave this for the rest of the year but with two out I have no-one to come in. I have 200k in the bank but don't want to make a trade only to make Yarran or someone else sit on the bench wasting money...
Yarran is a decent F8 but I don't think he is an F7..........Your F7 and F8 would be my concern. I think you need a better F7 and have Yarran on the bench as cover. This is going by the players you have posted anyway, unless you have cover in your mids as well this is the way i'd be going.

Yarran is a decent F8 but I don't think he is an F7..........Your F7 and F8 would be my concern. I think you need a better F7 and have Yarran on the bench as cover. This is going by the players you have posted anyway, unless you have cover in your mids as well this is the way i'd be going.

Yep with Riewoldt being s**t and triple byes coming soon I might need more cover. I will hardly ever have a full side so most likely players who are on my bench will be forced there rather then my choosing to anyway.

Might do Darling to Fyfe which then leaves me with 342k. Just short of suckling! :(

Alright, the man has a plan.....

This week: Lynch -> Howe, Selwood -> Fyfe
Leaves: 10 trades and $230,000

Next week: Puopolo -> Fisher, Ellard -> Swan
Leaves: 8 trades and ~ $50,000

Week after: D.Swallow -> rookie, Foley -> G.Ablett (not 100% sure yet)
Leaves: 6 trades and ~ $70,000

Round 17?: Zac Smith -> Bathie, Browne -> Sandilands
Leaves: 4 trades and ~ $150,000

Final team of:

DEF: Gibbs, Scotland, Goddard, Fisher, Deledio, Suckling, Broughton (Otten, Stanley, Jacobs)
MID: Swan, Pendlebury, Murphy, Shiels, Rockliff, G.Ablett (Hibberd, Howe, rookie)
RUCK: Sandilands, Cox (Vickery, Bathie)
FWD: O'Keefe, Goodes, Franklin, NReiwoldt, Fyfe, Pavlich, Didak, (Knights, Mzungu, I.Smith)

Less trades than I wanted for the end, but should be adequate cover unless my team implodes. Everything going to plan I will cull my 2 most expensive dispensable players for a final double upgrade (more than likely into forward line like a StevieJ/Chapman after their bye). Well thats the plan anyways - probably change again after I had one set last week.......

Howe is a forward rookie, not midfield. Not sure how you'd organise it, but you'd need (probably) Smith or Mzungu on your midfield bench, and Howe in the forward line. Might just be a typo, but a heads up to you :)

Have 8 trades left and plan to use 3 in the next 2 rounds

This week: Matera > Callinan and Harris > Pendlebury

Next week: Adcock > Fisher

I'll probably look to downgrade Z. Smith eventually which would leave me with approx 220k in the bank and 4 trades. I would like to do another back upgrade but I'll hold off a bit a see how I go with injuries. 4 trades isn't a lot to cover injuries but I have pretty good bench cover so I'm willing to take a chance.

Only 5 trades left, which from what I have read, is pretty normal for a first year Dream Teamer. Only really playing for league win with some mates, but have managed to scrap my way to 635th after last week.
Happy with my mids and forwards, but will basiclly have to swing Heppell, Hibberb, Stanley through my def 6-7 positions for most of the remainder of the season, so that is not looking so strong. Sitting on Adcock till he comes back.

Week 1 - Petrie
Week 2 - No Geelong players
Week 3 - Gibbs, Robinson (who is my 7th mid)
Week 4 - Heppell, Hibberb

Def - Gibbs, Deledio, Shaw, Adcock, Goddard, Heppell, Stanley (Hibberb, McKernan, Golby)
Mid - Ablett, Pendlebury, Boyd, Thompson, Priddis, Hodge (Robinson, Kraks, Mzungu)
Rucks - Cox, Smith (Bailey,Tippert)
Forwards - Franklin, Sylvia, Goodes, Fyfe, Pavlich, Riewoldt, Petrie (Darling, Smith, Richardson)

As you can see I am very weak in the backs and without Sandi in the rucks, but with only 5 trades left I am going to try to ride it out till finals. Have $70,000 in the bank, so would seriously consider bringing in Swan for either Hodge or Robinson if he pumps out a big score). Can see myself getting hammered at the end of the season, but having great fun in my first year.

I've got 7 left sooooooooooo.................

This Week:
Puopolo > Shaw
Knights > Sylvia

Next Week:
Toy > Gram

That will leave me with 4 trades and about around 50K leftover for LTIs. This is how my squad should look like after those trades.

DEF - Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Rawlings, Enright, Shaw, Gram
(Lower, Jacobs, Howard)

MID - Swan, GAJ, Boyd, Montagna, Bartel, Rockliff
(Heppell, Mzungu, Prestia)

RUCK - Cox, ZSmith
(Lobbe, McCulloch)

FWD - Franklin, Johnson, Chapman, Sylvia, Petrie, NRiewoldt, Higgins
(Didak, Matera, ISmith)

Red = Back/Mid DPP
Blue = Mid/Fwd DPP
Green = Fwd/Ruck DPP
-----
Feel like I've got good DPP links and very good cover in every position (espically Fwds/Mids/Def)

Back