Remove this Banner Ad

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Warpaint at the Melbourne Zoo tonight
I really liked their new album but I remember absolutely hating them and finding them an overrated bore when they first came out.

I'd like to know how that venue works too, could be a nice place on a good night. Very pleasant.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
I really liked their new album but I remember absolutely hating them and finding them an overrated bore when they first came out.

I only heard them for the first time maybe 2 or 3 years ago -

I have a feeling if I heard them when their first two albums actually came out, I would have dismissed them too

I'd like to know how that venue works too, could be a nice place on a good night. Very pleasant.

yeah I'm rather interested about how it's going to work too - feels like it's getting a bit cold this evening though which will be a bugger

Just in an uber after seeing of Animals as Leaders, supported by Plini tonight.

Tosin Abasi is a badass axe player. No wonder I stole his name.

Plini were ******* great too.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
So Toro Y Moi is playing here tomorrow night. Has anyone seen him live before? Worth checking out?
I was just checking this out last night, bummed he isn't playing a set in Melbs. I saw him at a Laneway in Perth years ago at the time in the arvo when it starts cooling down; he played heaps of the jammier, funkier stuff he was right into at the time. It was all swinging shoulders and pivoting heads – Freaking Out EP in full and then rhythmic versions of his other stuff. Then I saw him 12 months or so later at the Corner over here and it was pretty good. I felt weirdly full because we'd been a pre-season match before but it wasn't bad. Seemed to have less intent and it was a little more boring because it was during his Anything In Return era but it wasn't bad. I'd see him again for sure, pretty sure it's a real guitar-oriented set nowadays.

Jan 21, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I was just checking this out last night, bummed he isn't playing a set in Melbs. I saw him at a Laneway in Perth years ago at the time in the arvo when it starts cooling down; he played heaps of the jammier, funkier stuff he was right into at the time. It was all swinging shoulders and pivoting heads – Freaking Out EP in full and then rhythmic versions of his other stuff. Then I saw him 12 months or so later at the Corner over here and it was pretty good. I felt weirdly full because we'd been a pre-season match before but it wasn't bad. Seemed to have less intent and it was a little more boring because it was during his Anything In Return era but it wasn't bad. I'd see him again for sure, pretty sure it's a real guitar-oriented set nowadays.

Think he is playing at Boney this weekend.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Typical, seems he just announced a DJ set here in Melbourne on Saturday night at Boney. Decent value for 18 bucks, pretty much one of their shitty weird sized beers more than the price of entry. Has anyone seen him DJ? I didn't mind his Les Sins electronic record.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I had I Prevail @ The Corner Hotel last night and they were pretty sick. Me and my mate waited out the back for them after the show and we ended up meeting a few of them.

They were supported by two local Melbourne acts, Void of Vision & The Beautiful Monument. I wasn't too fussed about Void of Vision but I quite liked The Beautiful Monument, I even went and said hello to two of the girls from that band at their merchandise stand after their set.

Green Day @ Rod Laver next up.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
In Melbourne this weekend so looking forward to a couple of gigs. The Goon Sax and Suss C**** gig at the Gasometer will be decent.

Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
In Melbourne this weekend so looking forward to a couple of gigs. The Goon Sax and Suss C**** gig at the Gasometer will be decent.
Been to the Gaso before or recently? It'll be unused but the Etihad-like roof on the top is pretty cool.

I still think it is way too far and a little dead out that side of Smith Street and the bar staff were/are pretty bad. If they existed at the corner of Smith and Gertrude it'd be so fun and so popular.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
The Kill Devil Hills (very decent Perth band over the years) are playing their final ever gig with Steve the lead singer at my local on Saturday night which will be good. They say they'll continue but not sure how it'll happen apart from the drummer belting out 'drinking too much'.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Anyone know anything about American pop-punk band The Red Jumpsuit Aparatus? Apparently playing as part of their 10 year show in Perth on Sunday but I've not once ever heard of them. Sound pretty decent on YouTube

Remove this Banner Ad

Back