Zac Dawson - THE GUNS!

Remove this Banner Ad

He's starting to look like a puff-ball player, after looking like a pre-pubescant schoolboy. Another 12 months of weights work and eating up big he may start to look like a Footballer......

If thats how big they are tense then he aint gained much more than a tan.

"I've put on nearly 8 kg since Round 22 and I'm now up to 94kg," Dawson said. "I think I have stopped growing, I'm now 197cm, and basically I'm eating like a horse, five meals a day."

2 years ago, 195cm and 79kg. That's a fantastic effort.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at the intra cub match last Friday and was trying to take a interest in the possible FB and CHB options. My man No 24 was in the stand so he was not part of my equation. I am no giant height wise ( 'cause all my size went around my waist) but standing next to a few of the boys at the intervals gave me a greater appreciation of how big some of them are.

Zac was the biggest supprise. He is tall, we all know that. But he has really developed in the upper body and around the hips. He is no little boy any more.

It is obvious those who pull the strings at the club rate him as a footballer or else he would not be perservered with as they have done.

I thought he showed a maturety in the game. He positioned well, intercepted well, marked well both back and forward.

FWIW I can see Zac as our full time FB in 2008. In 2007 I can see him as FB at times and at other times as a ruckman going forward. He can take a drab and is a good kick

Big Bob in the middle, Tails up forward/ relieving Big Bob and Big Bob down back if needed from time to time and Zac thrown forward.

Sillier things have happened. I remenber the days when we had Jon Hay and we left him at FB for 6 dreadful years.

My man Croady is in for a career defining season in 2007. Thorpe will be pressing him by seasons end. So will Boyle if his current form continues. Then there is Birch.....a big fellow who can play key position. Oh there is Murphy and don't rule out Renouf(huge leap and so so quick). And there is also ZAC who could be a CHB.

The problem for my bloke is that all of those mentioned are better natural footballers than No 24, all take a better grab, and all kick better.

I'm gonna give my man a chance, but I'm ready to jump onto Zac's or Boyler's bandwagon

What you guys have to understand is that muscle size on arms is all dependent on the length of the arms. Nuggety little guys will have bigger looking guns than those with long slender arms (on say Zac Dawson).

A nuggety armed guy may be able to bench press the same amount or do the same amount of arm curls as say a thinner long armed guy but he will have the thicker looking guns. The same amount of muscle has less bone length to cover.

Of course it does vary from individual to individual. My recolection is that Zac has long arms (and as shown on the photo) and therefore he will probably never have massive, massive guns like some players. So it is very harsh for you to comment on his current appearance. He may still be a couple of years off reaching his peak strength and fitness but it may never look much better than now.:thumbsu:

you can grow ur muscles as much as u like but u cant grow a footy brain and this is what dawson actually needs,, from what i can see every1 is just dillusional and trying to make up for the fact that we have no fullback and dawson wouldnt even make it into any other starting 22,, to have him at fullback is an insult to hawthorn id much prefer gilham or murphy.

There is no doubt he has put on some muscle but when he comes up against guys like Richo, Barry Hall or Jon Brown they will kill him.

Richo:

Dawson:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back