Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson!

Remove this Banner Ad

Love everything bar the showboating. As a rule I don't like our players goading the opposition after turnovers, free kicks etc. Let the scoreboard do the talking.
Anyways, he's had a very solid start to his career. Playing the toughest position on the ground and having 3+ shots on goal most weeks is quite amazing tbh
Not a fan of Dermott........

"Kinda giving the indication that he's got it covered. Not sure he's fooling anyone."

Well, he certainly fooled someone, didn't he DerWayne. Slotted magnificently!

I'm surprised the Saints didn't have someone hovering around to try and stop Watson playing on like he did. I feel like everyone surely knew he was going to play on.

I'm surprised the Saints didn't have someone hovering around to try and stop Watson playing on like he did. I feel like everyone surely knew he was going to play on.
They would have if ross lyon could communicate telepathically with his players. The afl really needs to act on this travesty and install neuralink chips in the players heads immediately!

If you want a laugh, you can head over to the 2023 redraft thread on the drafts boards.

The OP is trying to justify why he doesn't have Watson in his top 10, but still has Connor 'one game' O'Sullivan. And yes, he has stated that he's basing it off 'exposed form'.

Still has Duursma 6th too, despite being dropped from the worst team in AFL history last weekend.

If you want a laugh, you can head over to the 2023 redraft thread on the drafts boards.

The OP is trying to justify why he doesn't have Watson in his top 10, but still has Connor 'one game' O'Sullivan. And yes, he has stated that he's basing it off 'exposed form'.

Still has Duursma 6th too, despite being dropped from the worst team in AFL history last weekend.
danster ... say no more.

His recovery and second efforts are astounding. There was one bit of play where he hit the ground on his arse or back from a not insignificant height and bounced right back up.

Plenty of other players would've stayed down for at least a few seconds. Does he even get winded?

He did.

Landed heavily on his back from a height, bounced (literally!) back to his feet and applied defensive pressure until the ball was cleared.

Once the ball was cleared, he doubled over to try and catch his breath and spent the next five minutes on the bench getting his ribs checked by the doc before coming back on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, Muggsy is 160cm or 5’3” if you’re into using inferior measurement systems.

Come back to me when you measure them in Serongs (post-growth spurt not pre, I'm not a luddite), you metric using peasant.

Come back to me when you measure them in Serongs (post-growth spurt not pre, I'm not a luddite), you metric using peasant.

Who do you think you are talking to, don't you know I am over 40 Pittonethands tall?

Who do you think you are talking to, don't you know I am over 40 Pittonethands tall?
Season 6 Episode 10 GIF by Parks and Recreation

Revenge Of The Sith Evil Laugh GIF by Star Wars

Big fan of the Wiz but I think he's over complicating his game a bit at the moment. He's a young guy who is probably trying to do the team thing a bit too often and not really playing his natural game as a result. He's got a boat load of talent, just needs to focus on the basics and the rest will come with more experience and reviews. At the moment he's probably his own worse enemy.

He doesn't deserve to be dropped, but I'd be okay if we did send him to Box Hill just to let him find confidence and work on some things. I think his own expectations on himself are holding him back at the moment.

Big fan of the Wiz but I think he's over complicating his game a bit at the moment. He's a young guy who is probably trying to do the team thing a bit too often and not really playing his natural game as a result. He's got a boat load of talent, just needs to focus on the basics and the rest will come with more experience and reviews. At the moment he's probably his own worse enemy.

He doesn't deserve to be dropped, but I'd be okay if we did send him to Box Hill just to let him find confidence and work on some things. I think his own expectations on himself are holding him back at the moment.
he needs to be dropped to find something...'boat load of talent' I have not seen at all at this level. not sure why he is given such a free ride. a stint at box hill will show if he is bust or a boom.

He's been okay in his first bunch of games, but he ain't an AFL wizard yet.

Wish he went for goal, when he was bursting away from his opponent.

He'll be the AFL level Wizard, with time.

Go Watson!
I definitely think it is all between the ears at the moment.

Set shots not happening, going for goal when he should give it off, giving it off when he should be going for goal, rushing shots when he has more time.

All seems like just a matter of getting used to the speed of AFL level, if he is still making these mistakes in another 50 games i will worry. Currently i have no concerns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back