Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn - Mabior Chol

Remove this Banner Ad

GC have had deeper KPF stocks in the past 2 years than we have.

Chol will play regularly and I expect him to return to his 2022 AFL output where he averaged 2 goals / game as Gold Coast’s main target.

He is seasoned as an AFL player and can also play as a ruck/forward.

I think he will be a damn good pick up for us. Welcome Mabior!

Only needs to provide another tall option for us to let Lewis stop getting double teamed. If he contributes 25-35 goals and let’s Lewis shine then I’ll be a big fan. Also let’s us play one ruck when needed as he can pinch hit.

Also gives time for Rama to develop his craft at Box Hill. Overall a great addition - welcome to the club Mabs!

4 years of non competiveness you will get out of him why you think we got rid of him and now gold coast
Must have been gifted all those 44 goals in 2022 then.

If you feel compelled to post the above, it’s you who has the issues, not Mabior.

Good luck Dimma.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All about application. Comes with risk but has talent, can kick goals and there is a perfect forward/ruck role waiting for him.

Exactly, it all comes down to how much he wants it and how hard he's willing to work. No one's expecting him to be a star, but there's a role he suits, and as mentioned by a few here, him just being there keeps the opposition KPDs honest and means Lewis is getting 1-1s rather than 1-2s.

Let's be real, this guy is worth a late first/early second round pick.
He is a legitimate KPF who is a threat in the air and when the ball hits the ground.
Also a viable second ruck - just look at some of his centre-clearance breakaway runs.

He's not perfect but we got an absolute bargain!

Rapt. Watched him dismantle BH in that final, and thought, we need to get him!

Cant wait to see him get to work with Lewis. 200cm forwards who can hit the scoreboard and provide ruck relief are hard to find.
I agree. Chol is a physical presence and if he hits packs hard with his size and power he’s going to be a big plus for us. People talk about his lack of defensive pressure but honestly, with the possible exception of Naughton, is there a 200cm forward anywhere who averages even two tackles a game?! I reckon he might just be a surprise packet…

Let's be real, this guy is worth a late first/early second round pick.
He is a legitimate KPF who is a threat in the air and when the ball hits the ground.
Also a viable second ruck - just look at some of his centre-clearance breakaway runs.

He's not perfect but we got an absolute bargain!

I don’t understand estimating his “worth” in a draft. Why even bother with that?

He was drafted 7 years ago. Time has moved on.

It’s all about AFL output and what he can provide for our forwardline. He had no issue doing that in 2022 next to Casboult (with King injured).

We don’t have a King, and we hope Lewis stays fit.

If he doesn’t, frankly Chol becomes our #1 KPF straight up. As a 26 year old mature player…..who was “drafted” way back in 2016.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back