Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Massimo D'Ambrosio

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to Hawthorn!
Please have a long shower before your arrival to wash off any scum remnants :p

PS. Mass, bring your finals game. We want to win one in next 2 years!

Welcome to the HFC Massimo

F8tXZznbMAA94Yl

Couldn't we have just offered future 4th and Essendon would have to have taken it or lose him for nothing....
So apparently pick 61 or whatever it is, we weren't going to use (picks equalling list spots).

Good kicking is good football, his kicking was to accurate for the bombers to understand how to play him. Mackenzie and him kicking into the 50 will do damage.

Think he takes the Morrison role with more attack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“What a beautiful left foot kick” is something Massi has likely heard his entire footy life. And for good reason. Pin-point hard passes and weighted kicks to advantage are his forte. These got him on an AFL list as a Rookie. He is now an AFL listed player. I hope Massi seeks out Hardwick and models his game on Blake’s. I understand that Massi has not been recruited for Hardwicks role but everything that Hawdwick does as a footballer are the things that Massi needs to improve to become a 10 year player.

Someone once said “Getting onto a list is the easy part, staying there is the hard part.” How stupid is that!!! But for Massi, it is relevant.

Good luck young fella.

Last edited:
His kicking is definitely Guerra/Suckling level.
50m-60m lasers.

I'm not sure if he is an outside player bc he is so slight, and maybe something he could address with gym work, or whether that's just the way he plays and it will stay like that.

One thing I love is he demands the ball and has the courage to go for his kicks, even under pressure.
He could add a new dimension to the team.

Couldn't we have just offered future 4th and Essendon would have to have taken it or lose him for nothing....
A possibility we could have been competing with North in terms of contract offers...and also the option of Essendon upgrading his offer to the senior list, removing his DFA status

Why was he not placed on their primary list if he kicks as good as said here? What’s his downside/weaknesses?
He was picked up in the Mid-season draft in 2022 at pick 3.
He started on an 18-month rookie contract, so they only just recently offered him the 3rd year on their rookie list.

Kicking is his strength and he has decent pace too. Apparently his defensive side needs work, but he looks like a direct upgrade on Bramble (and is 5 years younger too).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back