Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Massimo D'Ambrosio

Remove this Banner Ad

I was talking about him to a couple of Bomber friends. They said his defence is questionable but he is an attacking weapon.

Makes you wonder why they played him in defence.... Mitchell is excellent at playing players where their strengths can be maximised and their deficiencies can be minimised.

So to me, it feels like he is made for a wing, I wonder how his tank is.
Sounds so much like Suckers

Welcome MDA

I'm not sure I understand his recruitment, but the acquision price was very low so it's almost a free throw at the stumps.

I don't think he has enough tools to make it as a HBF, so it's only really going to be as a winger

I wouldn't say he's quick from my viewing. He's not slow either.

If he was 'very quick' and could kick as well he does he would be playing senior footy.

He has some clear strengths and some deficiencies.

I wouldn't say he's quick from my viewing. He's not slow either.

If he was 'very quick' and could kick as well he does he would be playing senior footy.

He has some clear strengths and some deficiencies.
His deficiencies are his lack of defensive ability. Both at the contest but in general play with his running.

He is quick with good skills, bramble but more skilful and less mature.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see Duke's positive comments about him already, if he has an equal level of impact as someone like Matt Suckling we should be happy.
He was shocked how good it was, with that weapon I can see why Hardwick is being tried forward and he can always roll back. And if we could find another 10/15 goals from a defensive forward.

Massimo will offer a lot of drive if we can find some separation

Mass any good defensively though?

That's important for a defender, no?
Pretty confident he'll play forward (HFF) or Wing (at worst), not HBF.

*I've not paid attention but have never seen anyone label him 'good defensively'.

Not sure I have him in our best 22 yet, but he'd be an early chance if injury befalls an Amon or Impey type.

Certainly very keen to see that weapon of a left boot in action.
I'm comfortable in saying that I have no idea either way with Massimo. He's someone for whom I'll genuinely need to see the pre-season form.

Suckling wasn't that good defensively. He did alright

Good point. Suckling is a great comparison.

Massimo has the tools to become an offensive weapon, like Suckling was.

Mitchell and co have been great at finding players' strengths and maximising them, I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with that left boot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back