Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Bodie Ryan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Bodie is a bit of a larrikin.
Man of few words.
Worked incredibly hard for this opportunity.
Trained side by side with a PT with Ashton Moir for the year. (Peake performance/Ollie Peake for those that want to check out his last year
On FB/Insta).

Played in the Glenelg under 18’s flag in 2022 and then came in last minute for only his second senior ressies game in the GF win v Sturt.

Had 2 massive moments late with the game less than a goal the difference.
Stood up twice to win possession and repel.

Good pedigree as well as his mums brother was a wonderful SANFL footballer. Fantastic family.

For mine he’s a combo.
He’s got Hardwicke toughness and aggression and will to compete. Will leave nothing on the table.

He’s got a lot of Stratts in him… and plenty of Sicily.

Recently there is a lot of Josh Morris about him as well but far far better aerially.

Will Day will be over the moon.
Has had a lot to do with both these boys through the years.

He won’t die wondering.
I’d be tempted to chuck him the 23.
Thanks so much Sizzle.

He’s got Hardwicke toughness and aggression and will to compete. Will leave nothing on the table.

He’s got a lot of Stratts in him… and plenty of Sicily.

Vince Mcmahon Wwe GIF

The junk yard dog of this draft. Will tackle and put his body on the line without thought. An aggressive shut down defender that can rebound when the time fits. Clearly Hardwick’s understudy. Bodie Ryan is a positional need given ALL of the Hawks other small defenders are attacking.

This is a quality positional selection.
100% agreed. I was so confused at that selection because there was still a lot of key position talent on the board, but then I realised we really need a shutdown small-medium defender

Really like this selection - guys who can both defend and attack very important + guys who can match up mid sized forwards (eg resting elite mids) also important.

We have a bit of one or the other - but pies for example get a lot of benefit from guys like quaynor and Maynard who can win one on one and also rebound.

Reminds me of Sicily, the whole package

Has that super neat kick on him based on the SA footage. STICKY hands too. That really caught the eye.

Think we'd all take a Stratts/Sicily hybrid any day of the week. Team is going to benefit from him being out there if he can live up to that long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Bodie a little bit with his cousin playing for the pies, so here is some intel.

He is a hawks supporter, but loved the pies since Jakob was drafted.
He won a premiership with his school days after winning a flag with Glenelg reserves.
Puts everything into his preparation and professionalism, right down to the ice baths he takes a couple times a week. Does personal training in the off season to make sure he is in prestine condition, so he can become the best player he can possibly be.

While a little shorter than his cousin (not by too much) He is a very smart player, really good defender who hates losing.
He's a good one. While they'll be on opposite sides of the ground, Jakob and Bodie would love to play on the same field together at some point.
He would have loved to play and train with Jakob, but this is the next best thing.

I know Bodie a little bit with his cousin playing for the pies, so here is some intel.

He is a hawks supporter, but loved the pies since Jakob was drafted.
He won a premiership with his school days after winning a flag with Glenelg reserves.
Puts everything into his preparation and professionalism, right down to the ice baths he takes a couple times a week. Does personal training in the off season to make sure he is in prestine condition, so he can become the best player he can possibly be.

While a little shorter than his cousin (not by too much) He is a very smart player, really good defender who hates losing.
He's a good one. While they'll be on opposite sides of the ground, Jakob and Bodie would love to play on the same field together at some point.
He would have loved to play and train with Jakob, but this is the next best thing.

Thanks Jen! Loved reading Ginni's interaction with you when he departed last month too - seems like a good kid despite all the negative press.

More and more I am reading about Bodie here from first hand sources the more and more I can't wait for him to get stuck in at our club. Seems like we have an absolute ripper here.

Man, enough of these videos (as much as I love them!) and touching F/S recruits. Must be getting soft in my old age, as the tears have welled up numerous times the past couple of days.

Welcome aboard Bodie. Go well young man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back