Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Massimo D'Ambrosio

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't Amon playing half back?
Yes, he played the last portion of the season there. He said at the PCM he'll continue to train there, but I doubt it'll stop people naming him on the wing for the rest of his career. It's also been spelled out that CJ will start on the wing, that Ward will move on-ball, but expect to scroll through hundreds of teams with them cemented in their old positions.

While he was known for his kicking and work ethic, his hands in the clinches and toughness were equally impressive. Looks like a great pick up for virtually nothing. The scum replaced him with Dursma, that's a massive downgrade based on yesterday. Hope the form continues, he said he would like to model his game on Errol Gulden. Yesterday was a small step in that direction.

While he was known for his kicking and work ethic, his hands in the clinches and toughness were equally impressive. Looks like a great pick up for virtually nothing. The scum replaced him with Dursma, that's a massive downgrade based on yesterday. Hope the form continues, he said he would like to model his game on Errol Gulden. Yesterday was a small step in that direction.
Took some great marks too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see him doing well. You guys used him like alot of us wanted Brad to use him. Looked like he was playing on a wing and folding back into the back half to help distribute instead of holding that wing space.

Last year he ran into trouble when he had to defend further up the ground, often got caught ball watching and then got burnt the other way. Having him behind the play makes alot more sense.

Sam seemed surprised at how brave he was in the contest, not sure he's known for his contested work. Great debut, felt confident every time he had the footy that we'd retain possession
I have watched a fair bit of him through juniors to now and I had never really seen that kind of aggression at the contest from him. It was amazing, he was so ******* good yesterday.

His kicking under pressure was immense. Also went when it was his turn.

Stood up in the contest.

Might be the best debut in Hawthorn colours I've seen in a long time.

Just when you think we can lock in a half back flank on the team sheet for the next five years.... we go and draft another one who looks like he might be even better.

He's on Amon's level already with that kicking. Sheesh.

Last edited:
I had never really seen that kind of aggression at the contest from him. It was amazing, he was so ******* good yesterday.
Probably a bit of extra incentive playing against his old club. Hopefully keeps it up for the remainder of the season, 'cos he looks like an absolute steal already.

Was his 17th game, and is only 20.
Huge future.

You called it early.

I must admit I never saw that level of hardness or willingness in him.

It was his first game for a new club and it was obviously against his old side, so he had a point to prove. He's set the standard for himself now, so hopefully he back it up this week.

You called it early.

I must admit I never saw that level of hardness or willingness in him.

It was his first game for a new club and it was obviously against his old side, so he had a point to prove. He's set the standard for himself now, so hopefully he back it up this week.
He looked like he belonged out there. Probably can’t underestimate how much more supported and comfortable he’d feel off-field with us than at *.

Just giving him a good environment seems to have enabled him to flourish.

Last edited:
this kid could be a star, he has the skills to be a gun, as long as he can consistently perform. no doubt he was eager to play well against his old club, but if he can deliver week in and out with what he shown so far and saw glimpses of last year, the future is looking very bright for Mass and us. Hope he cements his spot in the team and am excited to see him play for a long time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back