WRFL Division 2 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

I am all for 3 divisions. Edfl has done it with teams like moonee valley, east keillor, roxburgh park, jacana and so on, these teams got flogged every week in that comp then they made another division which I checked on their site has 8 teams and it seems to be going okay. How about a 7 in div 2 7 in div 3 so there is a bye round?
Dont think they will. Never been a fan of the bye round plus pretty sure they are planning two more teams to join the WRFL in the coming years

Do braybrook have juniors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No sir... But their reputation has changed dramatically over the years. No juniors is a pain in the neck but can hardly put them in the same boat as Laverton/ north sunshine.

Tips for round 2!!
Ill go with:
W'vale over Laverton by 180
W.F'scray over Springs by 40
G.Orden over Albanvale by 60
S.Heights over N.Sunsh by 80
M.Lakes over Tarneit by 140
Parkside over S.Lakes by 120

No sir... But their reputation has changed dramatically over the years. No juniors is a pain in the neck but can hardly put them in the same boat as Laverton/ north sunshine.

Tips for round 2!!
Ill go with:
W'vale over Laverton by 180
W.F'scray over Springs by 40
G.Orden over Albanvale by 60
S.Heights over N.Sunsh by 80
M.Lakes over Tarneit by 140
Parkside over S.Lakes by 120

By not having juniors it's only going to make it harder and harder for them to bring in players as players leave or retire. Also juniors create revenue for the club and will over time bring more of a strain financially on the club to compete on the field. I never said they are at the same level as laverton at this current time but in the long term future it will catch up with them. Clubs that have folded in the past have had little to no juniors and strong clubs have always had a good junior development and built there own players instead of paying for players to come across from other clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My tips for round 2

Wynd beat lavo by 225
West footscray beat caro by 70
Albanvale beat glenorden by 9
Heights beat north sunshine by 190
Manor beat tarneit by 150
Parkside beat sanctuary by 140

My tips for round 2
Wyndhamvale over Laverton by 200
West Footscray over Caroline Springs by 30
Glenorden over Albanvale by 80
Sunshine Heights over North Sunshine by 120
Manor Lakes over 100 over Tarneit
Parkside over Sanctuary Lakes by 200
North Footscray over Braybrook by 30

So what happens if west win the flag? We know for a fact they wont go up. Then all of a sudden their recruits want to go else where? Atleast their is a positive they'll still have speakman. Maybe?
No1 knows whats going to happen next year!!
but Wests have quality people back at the club,behind the scenes that are not leaving in a hurry!!

Vales def lavo by 208
West footscray def caro by 81
Glen Orden def Albanvale 124
Heights def north sunshine by 161
Manor def tarneit by 10
Parkside def sanctuary by 144

I hear from a quality source that Paone is very handy with the golf sticks. He is working hard on his game and is very close

Last edited:
My tips:

Wyndhamvale d Laverton by 80+
West Footscray d Caroline Springs by 80+
Glenorden d Albanvale by 80+
Sunshine Heights d North Sunshine by 80+
Manor Lakes d Tarneit by 80+
Parkside d Sanctuary Lakes by 80+
(Would've done 120+ but wet weather footy keeping it close lol
(13+goal wins for each of them)

Definitely 6/6 tipping this week

My tips for round 2
Wyndhamvale over Laverton by 225
West Footscray over Caroline Springs by 115
Glenorden over Albanvale by 88
Sunshine Heights over North Sunshine by 155
Manor Lakes over Tarneit by 45
Parkside over Sanctuary Lakes by 200
North Footscray over Braybrook by 45

Braybrook v north footscray will be interesting, and west v caro aswell. With shorten reserve most likely under water i doubt it will be a 10 goal margin either way but west on paper you'd think will win

Braybrook v north footscray will be interesting, and west v caro aswell. With shorten reserve most likely under water i doubt it will be a 10 goal margin either way but west on paper you'd think will win

I think Braybrook will rely on their 4 x 6'4"+ players to be competitive with the teams around them this year. The weather will greatly diminish their impact this week though.
I haven't seen or heard much about North footscray. I'll back Braybrook tentatively because of their reputation of being hard at it to squeeze them across the line by 2 goals

West VS. Caro will be interesting. Sort out the wheat from the chaff. Hardness at the footy, desperate defensive acts and playing the conditions wisely is at the core of winning and losing, oh and Yze. I'll back him to kick six and that will be the difference between them.

Remember to wear the long stops tomorrow! Or look like a fool.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Heading out to shorten tip reserve tomorrow to watch the roosters give caro a football lesson. Giving caro no chance of getting withing 60 points in any conditions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah will be good to have a look at wests this week first hand hopefully as well as getting down to Hansen reserve for a must win now for the devils hopefully they will put in a better showing.
Tips
Wests 76 (yze will be a handfull even in the wet midfield too good, mail is lakers still missing a few hence margin)
Falcons 230 (forwards will fill their boots & lavo just waiting for the split)
GO 60 (alban vale are much better at home but hawks will be to big and strong to leave them 2-0)
Heights 230 (another cricket score one of the better forward lines apparently resting a few will still have a day out)
Storm 60 (bounce back awkward game for manor lakes but think their pacey on ballers will run amok)
Parkside 190 (will flex muscles Buttigieg could have 50 this week kartabil will bag heaps)
Devils 25 (danger game for the devils smalls will be huge in the wet bray brook maybe just playing too many talls, think little Sammy Kater and the on ball brigade will be too strong for brookers)

As I open my blinds I see not a cloud in the sky and the sun is out. Looks to be great weather all round today very confident with all my tips

My tips:

Wyndhamvale d Laverton by 80+
West Footscray d Caroline Springs by 80+
Glenorden d Albanvale by 80+
Sunshine Heights d North Sunshine by 80+
Manor Lakes d Tarneit by 80+
Parkside d Sanctuary Lakes by 80+
(If weather stays sunny as it is ATM make them all 120+)

Definitely 6/6 tipping this week

Turns out west footacray beat caroline springs by 20 odd points and caro looked fantastic all game. They hit the lead in the last and then fell away in the last 10 mins. Caro had blake richards jimmy ryan daniel ingram anthony brook aaron king stefan caterino out aswell.

Turns out west footacray beat caroline springs by 20 odd points and caro looked fantastic all game. They hit the lead in the last and then fell away in the last 10 mins. Caro had blake richards jimmy ryan daniel ingram anthony brook aaron king stefan caterino out aswell.

Not surprising, as I said they will be a lot more competitive than last season.
They will scare a few top sides and even become one themselves in doing so

Not surprising, as I said they will be a lot more competitive than last season.
They will scare a few top sides and even become one themselves in doing so
Couldnt agree more. I rode them off myself but after todays effort I totally change my mind! Glenn janhnz and justin brook done a fantastic job on yze he finished with about 6 with 3 junk goals from down fields and 50mtr penalties but goes to show stop yze and west are on par with every1 in the top 6

Couldnt agree more. I rode them off myself but after todays effort I totally change my mind! Glenn janhnz and justin brook done a fantastic job on yze he finished with about 6 with 3 junk goals from down fields and 50mtr penalties but goes to show stop yze and west are on par with every1 in the top 6

Sounds like discipline still a issue ,interesting that sides are resting players this early in year against bottom ranked sides .
On another note how come no 2nd divvy clubs have taken up the opportunity to play on Good Friday ?

Sounds like discipline still a issue ,interesting that sides are resting players this early in year against bottom ranked sides .
On another note how come no 2nd divvy clubs have taken up the opportunity to play on Good Friday ?

Who's resting players?
Don't know if the league has given any d2 club the opportunity, will defiantly be venturing down hogans road on Friday, should be a cracking game

Last edited:
Stopped in at Hansen Reserve on Saturday to see what all the talk about an "improved Braybrook" stacked up to. The two's was a one sided affair, but, I was pleasantly surprised, as an outsider, by what I saw in the seniors. Some good signs that they are going in the right direction. Yes they got done but had a chance to take the lead in the last. I can agree with Hank2 after what I've seen...give it a few weeks and a bit of composure under pressure and they might surprise a few. Talls such as L. Sidebottom, M. Charenko and G. Bradford and a side with honest toilers, there's a few pieces of the puzzle left but they are improving.

Stopped in at Hansen Reserve on Saturday to see what all the talk about an "improved Braybrook" stacked up to. The two's was a one sided affair, but, I was pleasantly surprised, as an outsider, by what I saw in the seniors. Some good signs that they are going in the right direction. Yes they got done but had a chance to take the lead in the last. I can agree with Hank2 after what I've seen...give it a few weeks and a bit of composure under pressure and they might surprise a few. Talls such as L. Sidebottom, M. Charenko and G. Bradford and a side with honest toilers, there's a few pieces of the puzzle left but they are improving.
Yes akermance totally agree with you. They have a couple of great talls in there side and will get better as the season goes on same as North Footscray with virtually a new side will take a few more weeks to gel......It was a good win by North specially when they had only 1 fit player left on there bench at half time.

Saw the first half of the devils bray brook game was impressed with the devils attack on the footy Sam Kater was a solid performer and number 5 Murphy also impressed. Bombers looked ok none stood out to be honest both teams ball use was horrible and nth will need to sort that out if they are to have a chance of playing finals.

Went to the second half of the roosters springs game pleasantly surprised at the scoreboard, from what I saw it was a shoot out and yze was pretty well held by 44. Bray and Kennedy were the difference both got enough of it when it counted cavenagh lowered speaks mans colours and was lakers best on baller. Wests had no answer for Buttigieg-Clark down forward he bagged 7 both teams will be there abouts come finals.

Devils have a huge game against springs next week and think they can get the bikkies if they can stop Buttigieg speaking to some fans on the weekend lakers will still be missing a few and the devils on ballers might be too good

Well it is only the end of round 2 and I already think that the teams in the top 8 will be the ones to stay div 2. Cant imagine anyone in the bottom 6 pushing one of these sides out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back