The Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen mate, l am assuming you are of the older generation. You have a narrow view of what being a supporter is, being a supporter doesnt meen you have to passionately love them and follow them through 10 years of s**t. It means that you support them, thats it.

Don't chalk this up to generational s**t. What a cop out. There are plenty of Lions supporters in their late teens, early 20s who are just as loyal as those who are older.

Thought experiment for you... Can a parent legitimately claim they "support" their child if they disown them after a few consecutive bad report cards?

no l mean a normal supporter, which supports them. Most supporters arent like you lot.

Nah I reckon the majority of Lions supporters would know who Darryl White is.

I think you are in much less representative of the majority than you seem to believe.

Listen mate, l am assuming you are of the older generation. You have a narrow view of what being a supporter is, being a supporter doesnt meen you have to passionately love them and follow them through 10 years of s**t. It means that you support them, thats it.

sup·port·er

2. an adherent, follower, backer, or advocate.

I would contend you have no idea what the word means. I think you're thinking of a leech.

I know plenty of people who just "support" the Club - but they don't pick and choose when to support, they keep it up even through the lean years.

Don't chalk this up to generational s**t. What a cop out.

Thought experiment for you... Can a parent legitimately claim they "support" their child if they disowned them after a few consecutive bad report cards?

You must be one too, thats fine l will take you both on :).

this example of yours isnt applicable in this situation as it is completly different from supporting and loving your own child to supporting a team.

Nah I reckon the majority of Lions supporters would know who Darryl White is.

I think you are in much less representative of the majority than you seem to believe.
Actually, it depends on when they started to follow the lions so what you are saying is innaccurate. I am assuming you are trying to give a veiled insult to me about me not knowing who White is. This is pretty sad on your part because obviously l havent watched him play.

this example of yours isnt applicable in this situation as it is completly different from supporting and loving your own child to supporting a team.

No, it's apt. The verb "support" is consistent in both.

I think "casual observer" is more what you're looking for. Perhaps "sporadic affiliate"...

*moot.

I have the same issue with people who mix up "wrapped" and "rapt".

This was an ironic post.

I don't mix anything up.

Here it is:

lol seriously, we should have sweetened the offer somehow so they would take him.

Anyway, they didn't take him, so the point is mute. They can show interest in a semi-young player who has nearly 100 games without thinking he will make their team better (good depth etc)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bullshit. I have no narrow view. I am a Brisbane Lions supporter full stop. I have no prior team in the VFL/AFL. I neither care for neither Hawthorn nor GWS all the teams in-between. I am a Brisbane Lions supporter to the point I am flying to NZ. My footy viewing and thinking is based on us, yes "us". If we come bottom of the ladder for 10 ******* years I will be there. As I have stated prior the only thing that will stop my attendance is if I come to a final conclusion that we are deliberately tanking. Even if that eventuates I will be back once those responsible have been cleared out. I did not sit at that s**t hole Carrara to watch the bears bet smashed by a billion points on a rainy night while being jeered at buy opposition supporters nor did I attend every game of the 98 season when we were a rabble to read such crap as you have written on here. Mate you are a Lions supporter or you are no one. That's it with me and I suspect the vast majority around here. Yeah footy may not be the most important thing in life but in the end you support a team and go through all the ups and downs and if you are not prepared for that then you may as well contemplate giving away supporting any team in any team sport.

This was an ironic post.

I don't mix anything up.

Yeah, I think Kezz missed the joke by about as much as Patful has been missing his opponent lately. ;)

*Patfull intentionally misspelled for lols.

You must be one too, thats fine l will take you both on :).

So really, you want to gain a feeling of satisfaction and validation from a sporting team, without experiencing the highs and lows. Why not just support the premiership favourite each year?
I dont think I have shown disrespect!!! Made a lighthearted Vic joke... if you think that is disrespectful then you have a very poor understanding of Vic/SA Banter. Settle grettle :p

Wasn't aimed at you BP. ;)

Bullshit. I have no narrow view. I am a Brisbane Lions supporter full stop. I have no prior team in the VFL/AFL. I neither care for neither Hawthorn nor GWS all the teams in-between. I am a Brisbane Lions supporter to the point I am flying to NZ. My footy viewing and thinking is based on us, yes "us". If we come bottom of the ladder for 10 ******* years I will be there. As I have stated prior the only thing that will stop my attendance is if I come to a final conclusion that we are deliberately tanking. Even if that eventuates I will be back once those responsible have been cleared out. I did not sit at that s**t hole Carrara to watch the bears bet smashed by a billion points on a rainy night while being jeered at buy opposition supporters nor did I attend every game of the 98 season when we were a rabble to read such crap as you have written on here. Mate you are a Lions supporter or you are no one. That's it with me and I suspect the vast majority around here. Yeah footy may not be the most important thing in life but in the end you support a team and go through all the ups and downs and if you are not prepared for that then you may as well contemplate giving away supporting any team in any team sport.
and thats fine mate, you are obviously a haardcor lions supporter and thats good. But not everyone is as hardcore as you yeet they can still support the club.

Some people just loosely support. Not everyone has to be Old School die hards... tough times will loose those types and every club has them. People have varying interest in all sports. Myself, Ill be a Lions supporter through thick and thin and will forever cop a ribbing from everyone down here in SA. But I wouldn't expect everyone to show that sort of commitment. I actually understand why some people might turn off in bad times and just go fishing or whatever. Doesn't faze me. It is what it is. Doesn't make them a lesser person for it

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back