The Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
and thats fine mate, you are obviously a haardcor lions supporter and thats good. But not everyone is as hardcore as you yeet they can still support the club.

Yes, yes they can.

Whether they continue that level of support through the lean years though is what we're getting at. We don't mind people not being as die-hard as us - we just don't appreciate them dropping whatever support they do give just because things aren't going their way.

Some people just loosely support. Not everyone has to be Old School die hards... tough times will loose those types and every club has them. People have varying interest in all sports. Myself, Ill be a Lions supporter through thick and thin and will forever cop a ribbing from everyone down here in SA. But I wouldn't expect everyone to show that sort of commitment. I actually understand why some people might turn off in bad times and just go fishing or whatever. Doesn't faze me. It is what it is. Doesn't make them a lesser person for it

JMO

Yeah, but once they turn off, they're no longer supporting right?

So really, you want to gain a feeling of satisfaction and validation from a sporting team, without experiencing the highs and lows. Why not just support the premiership favourite each year?

Wasn't aimed at you BP. ;)
What l am saying is, l dont want to be supporting a team that is at the bottom of the ladder for a decade like the melbourne, l dont want the lions to becomee melbourne 2.0 . However, l can guarantee to you that if the lions are at the bottom of the ladder for an extended period of time, the supports will leave (apart from the hardcore ones).

lol, didnt realise you were all grammar and spelling nazis in here,

Says everything about you.

No interest in expressing yourself clearly.
No interest in the history of "your" football club.
No patience.
No clue.

Some people just loosely support. Not everyone has to be Old School die hards... tough times will loose those types and every club has them. People have varying interest in all sports. Myself, Ill be a Lions supporter through thick and thin and will forever cop a ribbing from everyone down here in SA. But I wouldn't expect everyone to show that sort of commitment. I actually understand why some people might turn off in bad times and just go fishing or whatever. Doesn't faze me. It is what it is. Doesn't make them a lesser person for it

JMO
This is exactly what l am trying to say. And there is nothing wrong with those people who do leave. Maybe some of you sshould accept that this could happen.

What l am saying is, l dont want to be supporting a team that is at the bottom of the ladder for a decade like the melbourne, l dont want the lions to becomee melbourne 2.0 . However, l can guarantee to you that if the lions are at the bottom of the ladder for an extended period of time, the supports will leave (apart from the hardcore ones).

Which is when they stop being supporters and become fair-weather fans.

:)

Maybe some of you sshould accept that this could happen.

Wait, who was arguing that attendance and interest wouldn't drop if we had sustained bad performance? Oh wait... no one.

Way to move the goal posts.

You think anyone wants that?

You said that you won't support the team if they continue to be s**t. I maintain, you may as well heck off now. There's no guarantees.

He said the supports would leave.

Is he referring to the Beams holding up the club?

AWWWWW YEAHHHH

Does that mean if we get Dayne Beams as a free agent we will have twice as much supports?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is exactly what l am trying to say. And there is nothing wrong with those people who do leave. Maybe some of you sshould accept that this could happen.
Lets get this back on track. You are the one that said you would be ******* off if things did not go your way viz a viz the team having a possible exodus of young players. This is not about people not turning up to games. It is about the complete load of tosh that you posted earlier about ******* off if.........(read your prior post)

lol, surely you should know by now that l could not care less what any poster says about me.
It is not personal mate. Your no doubt a nice bloke but you said you was going elsewhere based on a possible player exodus. My point is why are you here? What are you a team supporter for if you are going to clear of during the hard times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back