Show us your gaming setup

Remove this Banner Ad

So adjustments have been made.

The wife and I decided to move the study downstairs and the compromise was rather than losing my game room, I only lost the retro side of it. So the CRT is tucked away under the stairs and the retro consoles are packed away. I now run them all on emulators through my OUYA, which is easier anyway.

So stuff has been moved around.
E5A5C61B-0C0D-4D2F-988C-A420295CBCDC_zpskjnuhioi.jpg

3C19CC54-B3EE-47D6-BD2E-E33C545F1DCF_zps23b1q53m.jpg

9796C352-742E-43EB-A8AC-9DAB14DA12E2_zpsecpylio0.jpg

Glad to see the original Wii still getting a run! Lovely setup.

Haven't posted on Bigfooty since the revamp. Jumped on to have a read and noticed this forum which tickled my pickle. Been going off footy slowly for a number of reasons and the Tigers going junk again just makes it worse. Lots of my mates don't play games as much as they used to due to work, kids, IRL in general so I don't have as many people to play with as I used to. Hoping to find a few more cool dudes to play with. So what better thread to make a first post back in. The missus let me take over this section of the house so I don't have my crap every where else.

Left to right:
PS4
PX51 headset
XO Seven headset
Xbox One
Sammy 32" LED (series 6)
PC- gamecom 780 headset, Razor imperator and black window gear, i5 2500k (stock even though I chucked a dh 14 on lol), 2gb GTX680, 8GB ripjaws, 1TB hdd + 64gb SSD for OS and rapid storage. Will be putting away some pennies and waiting to see how punishing Witcher 3 will be since I could do with an upgrade.

Not long ago traded in my PS3 and 360 slims with around 150 games give or take. Netted a tidy $941 to finally get my Xbox One.

Just out of picture: 100w Blackstar series one (6L6 loaded) amp and rack of guitars.

20140611_232304_zpsc3c823fd.jpg

Haven't posted on Bigfooty since the revamp. Jumped on to have a read and noticed this forum which tickled my pickle. Been going off footy slowly for a number of reasons and the Tigers going junk again just makes it worse. Lots of my mates don't play games as much as they used to due to work, kids, IRL in general so I don't have as many people to play with as I used to. Hoping to find a few more cool dudes to play with. So what better thread to make a first post back in. The missus let me take over this section of the house so I don't have my crap every where else.

Left to right:
PS4
PX51 headset
XO Seven headset
Xbox One
Sammy 32" LED (series 6)
PC- gamecom 780 headset, Razor imperator and black window gear, i5 2500k (stock even though I chucked a dh 14 on lol), 2gb GTX680, 8GB ripjaws, 1TB hdd + 64gb SSD for OS and rapid storage. Will be putting away some pennies and waiting to see how punishing Witcher 3 will be since I could do with an upgrade.

Not long ago traded in my PS3 and 360 slims with around 150 games give or take. Netted a tidy $941 to finally get my Xbox One.

Just out of picture: 100w Blackstar series one (6L6 loaded) amp and rack of guitars.

20140611_232304_zpsc3c823fd.jpg
Nice set up. You're like me, you're gaming and Guitars, amps shoved into one room. :D

As some of you may know I went through a bit of a rough patch so I never ended up posting my collection. Well some good news....I've purchased my own house now so in the coming months I will be setting up a new games room which hopefully will be better than lasts!

As some of you may know I went through a bit of a rough patch so I never ended up posting my collection. Well some good news....I've purchased my own house now so in the coming months I will be setting up a new games room which hopefully will be better than lasts!

Give me your Wolfenstein CD. Please.

So adjustments have been made.

The wife and I decided to move the study downstairs and the compromise was rather than losing my game room, I only lost the retro side of it. So the CRT is tucked away under the stairs and the retro consoles are packed away. I now run them all on emulators through my OUYA, which is easier anyway.

So stuff has been moved around.

E5A5C61B-0C0D-4D2F-988C-A420295CBCDC_zpskjnuhioi.jpg

3C19CC54-B3EE-47D6-BD2E-E33C545F1DCF_zps23b1q53m.jpg

9796C352-742E-43EB-A8AC-9DAB14DA12E2_zpsecpylio0.jpg

Love you Dreamcast and Saturn game collection.

Dude, what's with the Draw 2010 poster? Did you need a reminder that it took 2 go's to beat perennial failures St Kilda?

Because, unlike the second game, the draw was actually interesting to watch :D

Dude, what's with the Draw 2010 poster? Did you need a reminder that it took 2 go's to beat perennial failures St Kilda?

More of a "collectors item" type deal. A flag is a flag. Don't take this from me.

Jerk.

i5 4670k oc'd to 4.4ghz
8gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz
Sapphire r9 270
Asus z78i pro
Noctua NH-12
Bitfenix Prodigy

Actually having some issues with the motherboard so probably RMAing it soon...

How old is the build? It's a shame but I've been noticing and hearing about more DOA and faulty parts in recent time. I get Scorptec to do my builds because I think they have great workmanship (I'm a sparky and don't think I could loom as well as some of their blokes) and service and at least if a part is DOA they can replace it off the shelf straight away. But my last build, my current one, had an intermittent fault in the HDD. Of course it never stuffed up in shop and no tests would pick It up. Unfortunately had to wait 6 months for the HDD to completely crap itself. Luckily they were champs and warranty was no issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How old is the build? It's a shame but I've been noticing and hearing about more DOA and faulty parts in recent time. I get Scorptec to do my builds because I think they have great workmanship (I'm a sparky and don't think I could loom as well as some of their blokes) and service and at least if a part is DOA they can replace it off the shelf straight away. But my last build, my current one, had an intermittent fault in the HDD. Of course it never stuffed up in shop and no tests would pick It up. Unfortunately had to wait 6 months for the HDD to completely crap itself. Luckily they were champs and warranty was no issue.
I've been building my own and friends PC's for almost twenty years now. The last couple of years I started having a really high amount of DOA parts, so now I just select the parts and get them to put it together in the shop. Saves a great deal of time and stuffing about. MSY as much as people complain about their service have never had an issue in replacing parts no questions asked.

Barely 6 months and this is my 3rd issue... I thought it may have been software or something else (basically my PC won't stay turned off) but through elimination it still kept turning on. Combine this with a dodgy heat sensor (main board idle temp reads 110c) and I decided screw it I'll rma it.

Other components were ram which was doa and psu which developed shocking coil whine in under a month.

I've been building my own and friends PC's for almost twenty years now. The last couple of years I started having a really high amount of DOA parts, so now I just select the parts and get them to put it together in the shop. Saves a great deal of time and stuffing about. MSY as much as people complain about their service have never had an issue in replacing parts no questions asked.

MSY is great if you know exactly what you want, they're about the cheapest compared to PCCG and Scorptec aren't they? But yeah I just do what you said now. I'm happy to pay the little extra to Scorptec for them to build it, receive a 12 month build warranty, and just have the piece of mind that when I pick it up it works, has all the latest drivers and has been stress tested. Scorptec might be pretty big now and have lost their small corner shop touch but they're really professional and I've always felt well looked after using them.

Barely 6 months and this is my 3rd issue... I thought it may have been software or something else (basically my PC won't stay turned off) but through elimination it still kept turning on. Combine this with a dodgy heat sensor (main board idle temp reads 110c) and I decided screw it I'll rma it.

Other components were ram which was doa and psu which developed shocking coil whine in under a month.

RAM is the worst DOA culprit I reckon. That really is a strange mobo issue. No plugged in USB devices that could do it?

MSY is great if you know exactly what you want, they're about the cheapest compared to PCCG and Scorptec aren't they? But yeah I just do what you said now. I'm happy to pay the little extra to Scorptec for them to build it, receive a 12 month build warranty, and just have the piece of mind that when I pick it up it works, has all the latest drivers and has been stress tested. Scorptec might be pretty big now and have lost their small corner shop touch but they're really professional and I've always felt well looked after using them.

RAM is the worst DOA culprit I reckon. That really is a strange mobo issue. No plugged in USB devices that could do it?
I wrote MSY but actually meant PCDIY, pretty comparable prices and are also happy to return things, but yeah you absolutely need to know exactly what you want, especially as they are almost always sold out of your first choice. I haven't used Scorptec in ages but always found them more than fair too.

I have:

• Nes and Snes Console and Games in a Box. That Sadly I can’t find anymore.
Console I have set up are:

• Neo Geo CD
  • Dreamcast
  • PS3
  • PS2
In my Cobered I have:

• DS
  • GBA
  • GB
  • Sega GameGear
  • Saturn
  • X-Box
I mostly use Computer where I play Old Games and Old Console Emulators and Roms

Saying goodbye to this setup this weekend. New desk and ditching one monitor for a bigger TV.

6a9uhWS.jpg
Like the background.

Ive got a higher bit version :p

Flipped mine around so Mario is on the left and the letters on their hats are the right way though here is the image.

8A7iC8D.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back