List Mgmt. 2014 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I was thinking of players the club would actually trade. Clarke isn't going anywhere.
Then forget about a pick that high, because it isn't going anywhere for a few bits and pieces that we don't need.

I wouldn't have thought that by putting two second/third round players together you would get a high first rounder.

That's why I think that one or both of them with our first rounder (16-18) would be a trade we would do. You have to go back to 2009 since we had a top 10 pick
So your saying Crozier and Sheridan plus Pick 16-18 for pick 4-8?

I think there would be a few clubs happy to take a punt on Sheridan or Crozier, both have shown good things at times.
I would have thought Sheridan plus pick 15 or so would get it done for a pick around 6. Depends what the other mob is chasing with their pick.

Saints seem to like splitting picks. Melbourne did last year as well.

Still don't see it happening for those fellas. Hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it.

Saints seem to like splitting picks. Melbourne did last year as well.

Still don't see it happening for those fellas. Hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it.
Only teams with a shitload of deadwood to cut would be interested in splitting picks. Even then, they seem to be the trades made out of left field towards the end of trade period more often than not.

Don't forget that Polec was traded for pick 13(?) in last years draft. Sherro and Croz have both shown a lot more than Polec had before this year. Going by that you'd think we'd get a deal like that done

Polec was of the "I'm only going to Port" crowd, Brisbane got ****ed there.

No way that only one of those guys gets us any more than 5 spots or so. Quantity for Quality only happens in rare or exceptional circumstances.

I think there would be a few clubs happy to take a punt on Sheridan or Crozier, both have shown good things at times.
I would have thought Sheridan plus pick 15 or so would get it done for a pick around 6. Depends what the other mob is chasing with their pick.

It would have to be a team with terrible depth for mids to be interested in that deal, West Coast might go for that kind of trade but that's it I would think.

What's wrong with another midfielder?

With the fleet of falls, we will be getting a top 5 mid at our pick. We also went heavy on KPPs last year so the right thing to do would be to get a quality mid

Im just thinking of the list of Mids freo have got...

Inside mids: Fyfe, Mundy, Barlow, Suban, Morabito

Outside mids: Clancee Pearce, Danyle Pearce, Hill, Mzungu, Simpson (If he stays), Sylvia off the top of my head.

Freo are stocked with young defenders in Alex Pearce, Tanner Smith and Vandeleur.

It seems like Gumby and Kepler might be gone this season. Surely theres a half decent WA key forward available. Still gutted freo didnt get Jono Marsh despite him taken as a late pick. We only have Tabs and Apeness. Pav is going around for another season. Will Apeness or Tabs be good enough to be decent forward by the start of 2016? I dont know.

If were going to get another gun mid, im unsure what type of mid we should get. Should freo get another 190cm tall ultility or a pacy outside mid like a Hill or Danyle Pearce?

Im just thinking of the list of Mids freo have got...

Inside mids: Fyfe, Mundy, Barlow, Suban, Morabito

Outside mids: Clancee Pearce, Danyle Pearce, Hill, Mzungu, Simpson (If he stays), Sylvia off the top of my head.

Freo are stocked with young defenders in Alex Pearce, Tanner Smith and Vandeleur.

It seems like Gumby and Kepler might be gone this season. Surely theres a half decent WA key forward available. Still gutted freo didnt get Jono Marsh despite him taken as a late pick. We only have Tabs and Apeness. Pav is going around for another season. Will Apeness or Tabs be good enough to be decent forward by the start of 2016? I dont know.

If were going to get another gun mid, im unsure what type of mid we should get. Should freo get another 190cm tall ultility or a pacy outside mid like a Hill or Danyle Pearce?
I'm not saying we shouldn't get a KPF or 2 in the draft, but we have an opportunity to get one of the best mids in the draft. Someone like Tom Lamb could be a good compromise in this respect. 192cm tall. He's a midfielder/HFF but is tall enough to be a flanker. If we do upgrade our first rounder, I would expect us to get a tall. But at 16-18, we'd be best off getting a mid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For us. Yes... yes it is. More than fair.

Much more than fair.
Think of the clubs around picks 5-10. Richmond, the Eagles, GWS, Carlton. They need classy midfielders that can play immediately. Enter Croz or Sherro. Plus they still get a first round pick to develop. Rebuilding teams want plays that can play from day one and actually improve their team. Heck, Croz and Sherro were both top 20 picks! I'm sure any team would happily take pick 17, 18 and 19 for 8.

So your saying Crozier and Sheridan plus Pick 16-18 for pick 4-8?

I just can't think of a team, a really s**t team, a team that's really going nowhere this year, that's full of really, really s**t, slow, small, midfielders, with poor kicking skills and god awful aerobic fitness that could use a couple of gut-running skilful, tallish, young mids like Sheridan and Croz.... I just can't think of that team.

I just can't think of a team, a really s**t team, a team that's really going nowhere this year, that's full of really, really s**t, slow, small, midfielders, with poor kicking skills and god awful aerobic fitness that could use a couple of gut-running skilful, tallish, young mids like Sheridan and Croz.... I just can't think of that team.

But I like the T-train and Crozier. Wouldn't wish that on an enemy.

think the club need to pull the trigger this year and trade for decent pick. If there's some great talls in this draft It'd be worth it IMO

So basically were screwed either way?

So were going to get best available in the 1st and 2nd round then KPPs with our late and rookie picks again...
Could we Maybe trade Crozier and Sheridan as a package deal to get between pick 4-8 to pick up Christian Pertracca wonderful midfielder who can kick goals i think he is 188cm 87kg big fella, hes a Vic boy but is a Fremantle supporter.

So is Brayshaw.
I'm not saying we shouldn't get a KPF or 2 in the draft, but we have an opportunity to get one of the best mids in the draft. Someone like Tom Lamb could be a good compromise in this respect. 192cm tall. He's a midfielder/HFF but is tall enough to be a flanker. If we do upgrade our first rounder, I would expect us to get a tall. But at 16-18, we'd be best off getting a mid

Lamb would get a good pick, not sure if he will available.

It would be completely unethical to try force a kid to move there.

100 times worse than anything Essendon did to their players.

It would be completely unethical to try force a kid to move there.

100 times worse than anything Essendon did to their players.

You got a good point. Isnt Crozier a WA boy anyway?

I know Sheridan is a Victorian but It seems he enjoys playing for Freo. I doubt he is going to have any homesickness unless he changes his mind suddenly at the end of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back