James Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the go with Geary there Defacto?

From memory, him and Selwood were best mates going through the U18's with Bendigo, and he probably would fit a need for us.

apparently geelong are into him in a big way and the club is not confident of keeping him

dont get me wrong, we want him. coaches and players love him. touted as future captain. but i think the difference might be at a list management level, he falls in a nasty age group where he is just north of our 2018-2020 group. also think geary will want to be playing finals

Why wouldn't he be going to St Kilda?
There's a need, a family history and a wallet.

apparently under neeld we were working with him to get out of his contract and come to us, but it didnt work out. anyways wrong age bracket now. were years behind melb. he clearly wants to play finals.

You don't think St Kilda can be playing finals in four years?

club strategy says we wont be playing finals until 2018 and grand final in 2020. by 2018 frawley will be 30, 2020 he will be 32. at 193cm he will not be suited to the KPFs that will be dominating in 2018/2020, all around 197cm some much taller

it just doesnt fit

The number 1 pick vets around 80k salary and 2 grand every game they play. If they play every game they would get close to 200k
Where the hell did you learn to do maths?

Assuming they play every game including 3 finals...

80k + (2k * 25 games) = $130k

Close enough to suggest a 2x premiership hero would be on more than 200k

You are 70k out, pull ya head in bud.
I agree with you about LRT, he'd be on 300 plus.
ROK would be still on a whack IMO.

Maxwell has retired and they would have to move a mid salary range player or 2 to fit Frawley in the CAP. Could be done.
The problem then is that they will have 2 many players taking most of the pie. Although Sydney seem to manage ok doing this.

But yet Mark Stevens said Coll salary cap is very tight and have no room, they have no idea on whats going on with Frawley just report anything they hear.
We have plenty of cap space from the players we moved last year and the players we'll be moving on this year. Jolly, Shaw, Didak, Maxwell :(, Lynch to name a few, our list is quite young with not many demanding a lot of money.

We have plenty of cap space from the players we moved last year and the players we'll be moving on this year. Jolly, Shaw, Didak, Maxwell :(, Lynch to name a few, our list is quite young with not many demanding a lot of money.
Agree with you there. I don't think the cap space will be tight. Also Ball and maybe Lynch to go. Not neccessarily big earners however the cap space should be there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's about him being the number one defender at 32, it's about not playing your freshly drafted 19 year old as defender one or two so he isn't destroyed each week.

Allowing them AFL experience off the boil is invaluable. Otherwise Hayes, Joey, Sean and Nick would be shown the door.

what fresh faced 19 defender do you speak of?

we have delaney who is 24 and bruce who from memory is around 21. thats before you start looking at fisher, gwilt, dempster etc

The one you draft this year.

so we are going to draft a KPD are we? wow, did you care to tell our recruiters? care to reveal the lotto numbers, now that you can see into the future?

we have absolutely no need for frawley and if you care to familiarize your self with our list, you would see the same thing

Anyone see Buckly on 360? Robbo basically asked him if Frawley was signed sealed and delivered and he said it wouldn't be appropriate to comment at this time. It wasn't so much the words he used but it leaves me thinking that's where he's going.

Anyone see Buckly on 360? Robbo basically asked him if Frawley was signed sealed and delivered and he said it wouldn't be appropriate to comment at this time. It wasn't so much the words he used but it leaves me thinking that's where he's going.

Yeah, He did nothing Deny it or Confirm but how he Reacted you almost think that Robbo could be on the Money:eek:

Still 2 or so month to Free Agency Starts so lot can happen

Beams is coming to the Lions is my mail. Will release 450k or so surely?
Supposedly GC are too, would be a huge get for BL though if it were to happen considering your ladder position, might just be what Daniel Rich needs to get off the leash.

Yeah, He did nothing Deny it or Confirm but how he Reacted you almost think that Robbo could be on the Money:eek:

Still 2 or so month to Free Agency Starts so lot can happen

It's an interesting one though, do they actually need him? Frost, Keefe and Brown all look capable for me. Then you have the swingman in Ried. I'd be spending the money on the midfield. Pies have a few A graders in there but there's not enough solid B graders in there to provide consistency.

You never no with Frawley, the money and terms chatter might be a smokescreen just to get to Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back