List Mgmt. How many list openings do we need heading in to 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

FMPOV I think we will probably end up with 8-9 list changes.

Something like this:
Retire:
Hayes
Maister
Jones
Schneider

Delist:
TDL
Dunell
Milera
Possibly Simpkin/Siposs

Trade:
Gwilt (assuming interest, otherwise maybe delist.)

I'd like to see Minch given a proper go at AFL level. He's only played 5 games and I think he's been pretty good in that time.

Changes IMO

Retire (voluntarily or forced)
- Hayes
- Maister
- Schneider
- Jones

Delist
- Dennis-Lane
- Dunnell
- Milera (payout his contract)

Free Agency
- Gwilt (will prob get a 3rd rounder back i reckon)(if no one wants him he can stay as depth on reduced money)

Trade
- Siposs (not convinced he has currency)(keep if cant trade as has upside if it can be harnessed)
- Montagna (would prefer not but have a feeling the Pelican may eye it off)

Upgrade
- Weller (done more than enough to justify)
- Shenton (would allow the likes of Wright, Newnes, Webster, Geary to push up onto a wing more)
- Minchington (perfect replacement for Schneider along with Eli)

Would leave us with 7 spots (6 with Siposs) to use in trade period, delisted FA (if anything worth the risk), PSD, NAB Draft plus 3 spots in Rookie Draft.

Jones and Gwilt have been told they are gone, Milera will request a trade home to Adelaide.

Templeton will likely be upgraded. He is back in training to prove there is no ill effects of the broken arm... If all clear he will be on senior list next year...
If the Gwilt to Adelaide FA rumours are true, I'd be hoping for a 3rd round pick, with a 4th rounder being more likely. I'd then consider trading our 2 4th round selections (eg: 59,60) for a early-to-mid 3rd round pick (50-ish) to use on Alex Urban or Caleb Daniel

Losing Milera - would be a case of sell to the highest bidder.... TBH, I'd be happy to take a 5th rounder if someone's willing to have him for that

Given how young Minchington still is, he's only 20 (turns 21 in December), I wouldn't be against promoting him & leaving Eli on the rookie list for 2015. No doubt we'll get a LTI, & at worst, Eli gets upgraded for free mid-season

Maybe with Adelaide, it'll be try to trade rather than FA, and Milera is the steak-knives. Kinda like what we did with King and Charlie Gardiner?

heres a bit of a mix of what i would do and i think what will happen:
DELIST/RETIRE
Hayes (confirmed: retired)
Maister (confirmed: retired)
Milera (confirmed walk out. delisted/traded)
Jones
Gwilt (hopefully FA)
TDL
Dunell
Schneider (i'd do it)

ROOKIE UPGRADE
Weller
Shenton (not that i agree with this)
Minchington (i'd do it)

ROOKIE RETAIN
Eli
Holmes

that would give us in the draft:
Pick 1
Pick 22
Pick 41
Pick 61
Pick 79
Weller
Shenton
Minchington

rookie draft:
Rookie Pick 1: best available
Rookie 2: best available
Rookie 3: Saad
Rookie 4: Eli
Rookie 5 (Int): Holmes
Rookie 6 (Int): JBT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

heres a bit of a mix of what i would do and i think what will happen:
DELIST/RETIRE
Hayes (confirmed: retired)
Maister (confirmed: retired)
Milera (confirmed walk out. delisted/traded)
Jones
Gwilt (hopefully FA)
TDL
Dunell
Schneider (i'd do it)

ROOKIE UPGRADE
Weller
Shenton (not that i agree with this)
Minchington (i'd do it)

ROOKIE RETAIN
Eli
Holmes

that would give us in the draft:
Pick 1
Pick 22
Pick 41
Pick 61
Pick 79
Weller
Shenton
Minchington

rookie draft:
Rookie Pick 1: best available
Rookie 2: best available
Rookie 3: Saad
Rookie 4: Eli
Rookie 5 (Int): Holmes
Rookie 6 (Int): JBT
Alternatively, instead of those picks in the 60s and 70s, we get a few players in at the PSD.

I don't think they'll let Schneids go.
I hope they stick with Sippa, he's a late maturer I think, still got skinny arms and a kids baby face, when he develops he'll be a hairy beast.
TDL might be held on to.
Got to keep Chippa.
Simpko unlucky.
Is it worth sticking with Markworth??? or is he just an injury prone list clogger?
I don't think Robo is flavour of the month.
Jonesy gone, Gwilty gone.
Need to persevere with Tee Lee.
Curro and Murds fairly low in the pecking order I think, and can be displaced.

Not sure if anyone noticed but I take it, it was not only Lennys last games but also Clint Jones and James Gwilt, with them also leading the team down to the rooms.
If so, thanks for the memories and service you gave to the StKilda football club, best of luck with your future.

Steven Baker was a far greater warrior than Clint Jones, and look at the way we treated him at the end.... :oops:

Same goes for blokes like Jolly & Didak last year for Collingwood. Players get moved on, that's footy, not everyone gets a fanfare farewell

i have a different opinion on that. ross did baker a favor. baker was just a) too stupid to realise it b) his ego was too big to see what everyone was telling him

I'd like to see:
4 live draft picks
2 rookie upgrades
1 PSD draft pick (for someone like Jacksh, JOR, Griffiths, etc.)
3 rookie picks

There's currently 5 players that we know won't be on our list next year. So, ignoring trading, I think we need two more places.
TDL and Schneider would be very nervous if I was in charge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back