Oppo Camp 2014 General AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is not a good time for an Adelaide mass exodus. We're not that appealing right now you would've thought.

I know, another two years would have been nice.

As for Sando, he might be a bit unlucky, but he did coach IMO the biggest underachieving team this year, and apparently the board spoke with the leadership group, who expressed concerns with where the club was going, and that was a major factor in his sacking.

It is not a good time for an Adelaide mass exodus. We're not that appealing right now you would've thought.

Interesting when comparing to the Watters sacking. No player rebellion. No players blown away with watters sacking.
Interesting

I just made romance explosion
Borat.jpg

Maybe Danger said me or Sando.

A few people thinking thr opposite - That Sando going puts Danger on the table.

Sando as senior assistant to Roos would make a Danger to Melbourne deal even more obvious.

Dangerfield + 9
for
Toumpas + 2 + 3

???

I think the meeting between the board and the leadership group pretty much confirms that most of the players are pretty unified on this. I highly doubt it's going to lead to a mass exodus or anything like that.

As for Dangerfield, I have a feeling he's pretty willing to just go to the highest bidder or take the best deal for himself, regardless of the coaching situation. I doubt it's really swayed him one way or the other too much.

I think the meeting between the board and the leadership group pretty much confirms that most of the players are pretty unified on this. I highly doubt it's going to lead to a mass exodus or anything like that.

As for Dangerfield, I have a feeling he's pretty willing to just go to the highest bidder or take the best deal for himself, regardless of the coaching situation. I doubt it's really swayed him one way or the other too much.

Regardless of how good a player is, that would be exactly the type of person you don't want at a club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Dangerfield said his relationships at Adelaide had been "too strong" for him to leave in 2012, Brenton Sanderson's first season as coach.

The former Geelong Falcon said he would be "very happy" to continue playing under the Crows' coaching team, in particular Sanderson.

"Paul Connors, my manager, (said that) if I wanted to go home then he would find a way, but I love what we're doing here in Adelaide," Dangerfield said.

"I think a really important part of enjoying your footy is having good coaches around you and I certainly think we have that in 'Sando'.

"He's a terrific coach and a really good people person, so as long as he's here I'm very happy to stay."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-01/danger-signs-good-for-crows

Sounds like he was a huge Sanderson fan. Perhaps most of the playing group wanted Sando out, but Danger was one of few or whatever that wanted him to stay and perhaps fought against the push to get rid of him and as such he might be really disillusioned and want out?

Will make interesting viewing.

Last edited:
This is where the AFL should htfu...

Trigg oversaw a serious breach of rules, causing a major setback for the club... cops a short suspension, but can then leave the mess he made and go to another club for a whopping salary.

I wish I could get away with that in the real world.

This is where the AFL should htfu...

Trigg oversaw a serious breach of rules, causing a major setback for the club... cops a short suspension, but can then leave the mess he made and go to another club for a whopping salary.

I wish I could get away with that in the real world.
Hird.. Trigg.. almost like we condone cheating!

Goodwin to Melbourne to be Roos' successor. Good to see Melbourne get a coach that's actually committed to them. :thumbsu:

The Sanderson sacking is like a weird mixture of St Kilda and Brisbane last year.

Coach sacked because he can't see eye to eye with those above him, and has lost the senior players.
Coach they seemingly have lined up as successor immediately moves to Melbourne.

Hird.. Trigg.. almost like we condone cheating!

Goodwin to Melbourne to be Roos' successor. Good to see Melbourne get a coach that's actually committed to them. :thumbsu:
News coming out Goodwin will defect back to Crows. Given his time at the Injectors, he should be able to bring that integrity that Trigg is after.

The Sanderson sacking is like a weird mixture of St Kilda and Brisbane last year.

Coach sacked because he can't see eye to eye with those above him, and has lost the senior players.
Coach they seemingly have lined up as successor immediately moves to Melbourne.

Well even more similar to Brisbane. They sack Voss so they can appoint Roos, who turns them down for Melbourne. Might the Crows have also pulled the trigger a little early in fear that Gold Coast might take Simon Goodwin, by firing Sanderson, only for Goodwin to also turn them down and end up at Melbourne.

Don't revel in the misfortunes of others, but hell its good that this thing is happening to others instead of us and we are instead signing a young star a day and enjoying the resulting positive media exposure from that.

The next wild guess as to who will join upheaval etc would have to be Carlton. Malthouse, his assistants and their recruiting staff would surely all be living on borrowed time. Will it happen in this pre-season, or at the end of 2015? Ok maybe I would revel in Carlton having a huge meltdown.

Well even more similar to Brisbane. They sack Voss so they can appoint Roos, who turns them down for Melbourne. Might the Crows have also pulled the trigger a little early in fear that Gold Coast might take Simon Goodwin, by firing Sanderson, only for Goodwin to also turn them down and end up at Melbourne.

Don't revel in the misfortunes of others, but hell its good that this thing is happening to others instead of us and we are instead signing a young star a day and enjoying the resulting positive media exposure from that.

The next wild guess as to who will join upheaval etc would have to be Carlton. Malthouse, his assistants and their recruiting staff would surely all be living on borrowed time. Will it happen in this pre-season, or at the end of 2015? Ok maybe I would revel in Carlton having a huge meltdown.

I'm waiting for it to happen at Collingwood. Another season like this and the meltdown won't be far away. :D

So, the Crows thread on Sando's sacking is 117 pages long... in less than 24 hours.

Something tells me they consider this a bit of a big deal...

Considering if Ricciuto is to be believed, they have no current shortlist or haven't fielded any sort of idea who they would want is true, it probably is, as it would be a poor decision to sack someone in contract without entertaining the avenues you'd have to take already, especially when you've had a month to sit on it.

I don't however buy that, and currently one up with the old man that Goodwin was not going to take the position, so also suitably chuffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back