Trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

P3 for Mitchell and Towers/Reid/Mal I would think is what we'd push for. Depending who the steak knives are we may need to add our 2nd (or Clark compo/PP)
I would have thought it would be 3 for Mitchell and there first atleast, as Mitchell isn't as good as Tyson probably close and the three you mentioned arnt as good as pick 9 for 20

I would have thought it would be 3 for Mitchell and there first atleast, as Mitchell isn't as good as Tyson probably close and the three you mentioned arnt as good as pick 9 for 20
Disagree....

Mal was AA this year, ok he's older, but is a jet.

Reid is an interesting one. Looks good in patches, has the tools, but never put it altogether. Adding Mitchell and Reid dramatically improves our side.

How about a Freo/Tigers trade:

Richmond get Crozier and Freo's 2nd rounder

Freo get Vickery and Tigers 3rd rounder

With this Richmond get the small, quick pressure forward they need.
Freo get the tall forward that can pinch hit in the ruck and scores goals.
Pick upgrade is because talls ALWAYS seem to be worth more to clubs (even if fans don't rate them).

The added bonus for Freo would be that they would have Vickery playing 2 Derbies every year and get to see the West Coast fans going off their nuts even more than usual. Looks like a win/win to me.
Very good

Pick upgrade is because talls ALWAYS seem to be worth more to clubs (even if fans don't rate them).

The added bonus for Freo would be that they would have Vickery playing 2 Derbies every year and get to see the West Coast fans going off their nuts even more than usual. Looks like a win/win to me.

Except Freo, you aren't going to get Crozier and a pick upgrade for Vickery absolutely no way.

Freo have been bad at trading in the past but not that bad. Even Croz for Vickery isn't fair, let alone with a pick downgrade.

Whats Crozier like as a back man? I can only see a very strong team winning a GF with Crozier forward.
I think ideally he is a winger/HFF. Why do you have reservations over him as a forward? I think he'd be a good distributor of the ball off half back but not so much a body on body small back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough. What would the pies request for him?

Sydney don't really have anything that would genuinely interest us and that you'd be willing to part with especially with Heeney locked away.

However being a hypothetical thread and all that plus him being literally the last player we'd want to trade I'd look at Jetta and exchanging later picks. Is that going to interest Sydney? Nah, but it's the sort of currency Collingwood would require to part with Elliott.

He'd be a strong target though because he could do serious damage in the Sydney forward half.

Sydney don't really have anything that would genuinely interest us and that you'd be willing to part with especially with Heeney locked away.

However being a hypothetical thread and all that plus him being literally the last player we'd want to trade I'd look at Jetta and exchanging later picks. Is that going to interest Sydney? Nah, but it's the sort of currency Collingwood would require to part with Elliott.

He'd be a strong target though because he could do serious damage in the Sydney forward half.
Elliott obviously someone who i think would untouchable for us, so i dont want him gone.

But a trade would probably involve Tom Mitchell, Jetta i dont particularly rate that highly.

Elliott obviously someone who i think would untouchable for us, so i dont want him gone.

But a trade would probably involve Tom Mitchell, Jetta i dont particularly rate that highly.

What I can't get away from is that we have a lot of stodgy footballers these days and Elliott is one of very few with something special about him. Mitchell just adds to the stodginess whereas Jetta has X factor.

In a parallel universe where Elliott is gettable it needs to be for someone that's a game breaker and while Mitchell could be one at the right club we already have enough of his type, but we don't have a single player with anywhere near the qualities of Jetta.

FWIW on the open market Jetta has a lot more value than Mitchell.

The last thing we need is another ruck. Especially an average one.
Actually, given how crap Warnock and Wood are, it's exactly what you need. Kreuzer isn't great either.

Would WB or Carlton do their 2nd rounder for Sinclair and our 3rd?

WB won't. Tom Campbell is going well and we will F\S the injury free, better talented Cordy brother this draft. Minson is also still here for now as well as Ayce Cordy. We don't need another.

Keeping this post for when we trade you Warnock to replace Ryder.
We'll get Jono Giles instead. Besides, if we wanted a Warnock type we'd just draft Sam Tagliabue from our VFL team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back