List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if one of them actually picked up the game, even with just average level skills. That athleticism would be insane, his floor would be Naitanui...

Probably helps that they get athletic scholarships and the amount of money thrown at these schools is ridiculous. High School and College sports is pretty massive in America.

And isn't he 22 years old?

He's up against 17/18 year olds at the combine.

Probably helps that they get athletic scholarships and the amount of money thrown at these schools is ridiculous. High School and College sports is pretty massive in America.

And isn't he 22 years old?

He's up against 17/18 year olds at the combine.

BS it's related to school funding...that's god given athletic talent. now amount of money teaches 19 year old andrew wiggins (203cm, 91kg) to jump a 44in (that's 111cm!!!) vertical.

he can thank his parents - muscle fibre type, joint structure, bony alignment. the coordination to optimise it all.

DAY ONE DRAFT COMBINE RESULTS

Standing Vertical Jump (cm)

1. Marvin Baynham 88
2. Jarrod Garlett 76
2. Nathan Drummond 76
4. Christian Petracca 74
5. Nakia Cockatoo 73
5. James Rose 73
7. Dean Gore 72
7. Nicholas Coughlan 72
7. Evan Bruinsma 72
7. Reece McKenzie 72
7. Tom Read 72

Running vertical jump (cm)
1. Evan Bruinsma 97
2. Marvin Baynham 95
3. Daniel McKenzie 94
4. Billy Gowers 93
5. Nathan Drummond 90
6. Nakia Cockatoo 89
7. Matthew Uebergang 87
7. Mitch McGovern 87
7. James Rose 87
7. Matthew Hammelmann 87

So say we end up with pick 6... And then Petracca, Wright, McCartin, Lever, and Durdin are taken first 5. Who do we take then??? Nightmare scenario (if draft today)!
Brayshaw/Goddard/Weller/Duggan/Pickett? can't not be happy with one of those
even if we'd prefer Lever or one of the 'big 4'

BS it's related to school funding...that's god given athletic talent. now amount of money teaches 19 year old andrew wiggins (203cm, 91kg) to jump a 44in (that's 111cm!!!) vertical.

he can thank his parents - muscle fibre type, joint structure, bony alignment. the coordination to optimise it all.

I didn't say it had nothing to do with his natural abilities. I said it HELPS that he would have gotten high level coaching from a young age, where they work on these attributes.

Regardless, maybe one day they'll catch someone young enough to be able to teach the game to them before they are too old to make it.

DAY ONE DRAFT COMBINE RESULTS

Standing Vertical Jump (cm)

1. Marvin Baynham 88
2. Jarrod Garlett 76
2. Nathan Drummond 76
4. Christian Petracca 74
5. Nakia Cockatoo 73
5. James Rose 73
7. Dean Gore 72
7. Nicholas Coughlan 72
7. Evan Bruinsma 72
7. Reece McKenzie 72
7. Tom Read 72

Running vertical jump (cm)
1. Evan Bruinsma 97
2. Marvin Baynham 95
3. Daniel McKenzie 94
4. Billy Gowers 93
5. Nathan Drummond 90
6. Nakia Cockatoo 89
7. Matthew Uebergang 87
7. Mitch McGovern 87
7. James Rose 87
7. Matthew Hammelmann 87
Wasn't Mckenzie supposed to be unathletic?? 7th in the vertical jump and a sub 3second 20m sprint time?? Hmmmmm.

Wasn't Mckenzie supposed to be unathletic?? 7th in the vertical jump and a sub 3second 20m sprint time?? Hmmmmm.
If McKenzie scored a sub 3 seconds thats actually pretty huge, being slow has probably been the biggest flaw in his game from what I read about him. Other than that he's huge, agile, one of the best contested grabs in the draft, new to the game and can kick a bag? Yes please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought McKenzie was quick off the mark but cant turn or work below his knees.

If McKenzie scored a sub 3 seconds thats actually pretty huge, being slow has probably been the biggest flaw in his game from what I read about him. Other than that he's huge, agile, one of the best contested grabs in the draft, new to the game and can kick a bag? Yes please.
notice how Jarrod Garlett got 2nd? ;) and Nakia Cockatoo is on both
The man Hammelmann is there to, not sure if Brisbane will take him yet :eek:
Sam Power anyone?
Pretty sure he said Power, I think
:eek:

notice how Jarrod Garlett got 2nd? ;) and Nakia Cockatoo is on both
The man Hammelmann is there to, not sure if Brisbane will take him yet :eek:

Pretty sure he said Power, I think
:eek:
Yeah would love one of those two. Probably Cockatoo because of the height advantage which fits in with our squad more. Oh and the name of course :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back