Traded Giles and pick 62 traded to Essendon for pick 53

Remove this Banner Ad

How does Baulderstone compare to Lowden? For those who know a bit about hi .

Lost a lot of weight, but probably still has a little bit to go to make it at AFL level. Got a good pair of hands on him, but only really saw him in the couple of SANFL finals he played this year.

He's far greater chance of playing at Essendon. Bellchambers can barely get on the park at the moment, whereas Giles will always be behind Jacobs.

Maybe Giles thought the same.

I wonder now whether the Ryder deal gets some momentum

Yeah I agree and posted as much in the earlier thread. I was more pointing out that both clubs are in need of a capable back up ruckman so I doubt ability to rest forward was much of a decidning factor.

This is the only season Bellchambers has played less than 18 games over both levels in his career. He and Giles will be a good combination.

I don't really see us playing both in the one side unless we were to play Carlisle back.
I can. Giles plays his best football when he's second fiddle.

Strange comment. His best football was when he was the number 1 ruck at GWS before Mumford joined this year. Clearly much better as the number 1.

Strange comment. His best football was when he was the number 1 ruck at GWS before Mumford joined this year. Clearly much better as the number 1.
That has more to do with Mummy being better by himself then Giles unable to work with him

Couldn't have picked Essendon.

No one wants to play for Essendon.

plenty of players who can't get a gig in the firsts elsewhere will choose Essendon, ;), Gwilt and Giles are just the beginning.....

plenty of players who can't get a gig in the firsts elsewhere will choose Essendon, ;), Gwilt and Giles are just the beginning.....
Yeah, Gwilt only played 77% of the games this year...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dude, Gwilt is an awful pickup.

*cough* tambling *cough* Angus Graham
Maguire, Everitt, Gwilt, Dawson, Rivers, Laidler, Delaney. All similar levels of defenders.
and if Essendon hadn't picked him up would have played 0% next year :oops:
I like how St. Kilda cost themselves Goddard and Dal Santo by signing Sam Gilbert on a $1 million contract.

How many B+F 's did he win at St. Kilda?

he would have won 5 bombres B&F's in 2010

he came 3rd in the bombres B&F this year with 250 less touches (yes 250) than when he came 3rd in 2010

How many All Australian teams did he make at the Don's ? :rolleyes:

But he's not second fiddle. He's got Belchambers and Ryder ahead of him.
He's also contracted, so I assume Essendon will have to pay up big.
They don't have a second round pick, so I'm not sure how they get him ... perhaps Port has a pick they can use.

They don't have a second round pick, so I'm not sure how they get him ... perhaps Port has a pick they can use.
Depends how much GWS think his worth is.

He wasnt best 22 for GWS last year, he played just 9 games, he will be entering his 3rd club, not many players going to a 3rd club from past history have been valued very highly.

See Seaby, M.Clark ect probably a couple others.

It will either be pick 37 if we get it from Port or it will be pick 53 that we already have, whether GWS would accept that im not sure.

Pick 37 seems a bit much considering Mumford went for pick 35 to the same club (GWS). But its strange how teams differ.

Wait Essendon have to pay?

That's not how trading works I'm told. We put an unders offer on the table and GWS have to accept it.

:drunk:

Yeh ive heard we have put an unders offer to GWS and they must accept otherwise seen to be the 'bad guy'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back