Traded Giles and pick 62 traded to Essendon for pick 53

Remove this Banner Ad

While everything you're saying is reasonable, every year the Dons seem to have a ridiculously protracted antagonistic Mexican standoff with a club. Cut the crap and do the deal.

Sorry? I can't remember the last time we had one of those, Caddygate is another thing and GCS were in the same position as us. They asked for Hurley, not Heppell.

There is one club dragging their feet here.

While everything you're saying is reasonable, every year the Dons seem to have a ridiculously protracted antagonistic Mexican standoff with a club. Cut the crap and do the deal.

We're not the club that tried to get Ryder for 17 and Gorringe for 63.

We're not the club that tried to get Ryder for 17 and Gorringe for 63.
Repeating made up poop won't turn it to chocolates.

My guess is it became obvious to Giles that one or more of Lobb, Downie and Philips would be given a go ahead of him next year and is probably on a larger contract than he's worth.

Was good as the number 1. Having him and TBC firing would fill the void left by Ryder.

I knew Giles was worth SFA. Once again right I said pick 53 and we got more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giles not getting a game in front of Mumford = 'plodder' o_O according to Hutchy at least :drunk:

Even if it is at Essendon, look forward to Giles getting some publicity for his performances, rather than slogging it out in west Sydney each week while his team gets flogged circa 2012.

He was one of the only blokes who didn't get whipped in the first two years by gws.

He was always going to struggle with 2 hig key forwards at gws. Even if he stayed this year his career was only going to last 2-3 more years

At essendon hes probably the first choice ruck. Provides a target up forward and has a chance to get a couple more years. I remember him having a bit of a pay dispute with thr giants. Probably seen it as his chance for a big day day and a chance to play his best footy at a competitice club

He was one of the only blokes who didn't get whipped in the first two years by gws.

He was always going to struggle with 2 hig key forwards at gws. Even if he stayed this year his career was only going to last 2-3 more years

At essendon hes probably the first choice ruck. Provides a target up forward and has a chance to get a couple more years. I remember him having a bit of a pay dispute with thr giants. Probably seen it as his chance for a big day day and a chance to play his best footy at a competitice club
A fit Bellchambers is the 1st choice ruck

Time for a bump.

Has been overlooked again in favour of the dominating ruck form of Shaun McKernan :rolleyes:. This is a side that has been completely pantsed in the ruck the past 2 weeks and has won 5 games for the year and has been largely considered a huge disappointment. Last week Hird said he was trying to get Giles to play the way they wanted him to, not sure what the hell that is supposed to mean after this quote from October 20 last year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-20/giles-finally-a-bomber

ESSENDON recruit Jonathan Giles has been on the club's radar for the past four years, according to coach James Hird.

The 201cm ruckman left Greater Western Sydney in search of more opportunity after falling behind Shane Mumford as the club's No.1 ruckman, and he was traded to the Bombers in exchange for pick No.53.

Essendon sees the 26-year-old as a ready-made replacement for Paddy Ryder who was traded to Port Adelaide, citing stress from the ongoing supplements saga at the Bombers as his main reason for leaving.

Coach James Hird told essendonfc.com.au the club had been watching Giles' progression for some time.

"We have been keeping track of Jonathan for quite a while," Hird said.

"Adrian Dodoro, who has done an amazing job in this trade period, brought Jonathan here back in the 2011 pre-season and he did a week of training here."

"We have been watching his progression since that time and he has been fantastic for GWS."

"We have always liked him as a person and a footballer so when Paddy looked like leaving we looked around and he was our favoured option."

What is the story here? I just looked up his VFL stats from the weekend, 22 touches, 29 hitouts and 2 goals.

Time for a bump.

Has been overlooked again in favour of the dominating ruck form of Shaun McKernan :rolleyes:. This is a side that has been completely pantsed in the ruck the past 2 weeks and has won 5 games for the year and has been largely considered a huge disappointment. Last week Hird said he was trying to get Giles to play the way they wanted him to, not sure what the hell that is supposed to mean after this quote from October 20 last year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-20/giles-finally-a-bomber

What is the story here? I just looked up his VFL stats from the weekend, 22 touches, 29 hitouts and 2 goals.
Most of the year he's been crap. McKernan has been the far better player so far.

Although I agree, he should be playing because McKernan is better suited to play as a second ruck.

Most of the year he's been crap. McKernan has been the far better player so far.

Although I agree, he should be playing because McKernan is better suited to play as a second ruck.

Is it a concern that a guy the club has apparently watched for 4 years now has 'issues' that need to be addressed in the VFL? Or is this just company spin?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back