Swans Talk in the Media Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-2016-afl-season/story-fni5fan7-1227089269863

Found this part interesting.

But it is believed the AFL Commission’s initial ruling was that COLA should be dismantled this year.

The commission was told by the Swans they must honour contracts and would be unable to do so if it was taken away immediately, instead pushing for the reduction over two seasons.

Only after months of negotiations and agreement it would not be used for free agents or trade targets did Sydney and the AFL sign off on the deal.

Be warned though, it's Ralphy, so BS is possible.

I've read a lot of articles from reputable journalists now.

Only Ralphy has attempted to suggest we asked for these sanctions months ago in return for retaining COLa.

Effectively, he is declaring that all club officials, and players who have commentated on this topic declaring their disbelief, confusion and disappointment are LIARS.

It doesn't pass the reality check.

Negotiating the two season wind down makes sense. But why would we be talking to Patfull's management a month out from the GF if we'd already agreed to trade sanctions? This is from Patfull himself. Not anyone associated with the club.

I call bullshit on Ralph's article. The guy is poison.

The only journo who works alongside Eddie comes up with this story? Pull the other one.

Ralphy must get some really good stuff out of the AFL if he is prepared to prostitute himself to disseminate this bullshit.

As if the Swans are going to negotiate what would be an illegal act by the AFL to the Swans' detriment. The Swans just would have said "no".

If it's true it would explain a lot as to why our club's response is quite reserved...and probably make me less angry about the whole trade ban thing.
If it was true the AFL would of been on the front foot telling everyone

My god he's a flippin' pigs science class that guy. Rolling around in it all day and spreading it everywhere... His "facts" are opinions and sources are either completely imaginary or are some nut job he's managed to get a false statement out of (e.g. Eddie).

Isn't it amazing that no-one else can see through his BS? How the hell does he have a job FFS... Isn't he meant to be reporting on the facts and writing ethically? It's all opinion pieces dressed up as factual 'reports'.

What a fluffball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course they are. No love lost, and if anyone can confirm they really did whine to AFL about Patfull then this article becomes damage control by the Giants and nothing else.
Bunch of fk heads. Geez I'd love to paste them by a huge margin rd 1. I hope this season we come out firing from the start and play with some real bad intentions.

This rivalry is building up nicely. I look more and more forward to smashing these pricks every time we play them.

With due respect they are a ******* pimple on a pigs arse in the scheme of things. :rolleyes: Nothing more than shitmen.
Smashing these Pricks is more apt for Hawthorn and their ignorant dog supporters on the main board.

If the bidding rules were changed we'd be hard-pressed to afford both.

And the Academy rules are of course, potentially in doubt.
They would have to make last minute changes again which I dare say won't escape media scrutiny a second time around. QBE and the club have already said, the minute changes are made, all funding stops and the academy is no longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back