Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was brought up in a Labor family that handed out how to vote cards etc, but i've always voted Greens because they are the only party on the voting slip that are left of centre anymore.

Christine Milne is a campaigner.

Me and voting in a nutshell

8qVC8ab.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My feelings exactly. I voted Labor all my voting life, even though my parents are Liberal voters. Never again, the Carbon Tax was the last straw for me
To move against Labor for their most 'Labor' policy in 20 years is strange.
I was brought up in a Labor family that handed out how to vote cards etc, but i've always voted Greens because they are the only party on the voting slip that are left of centre anymore.
I am a swing voter for this very reason. There are no true leftist options so I vote on a balance of probabilities for specific policy.

To move against Labor for their most 'Labor' policy in 20 years is strange.

It depends on your view of what is Labor. I saw it as my grandfather did, the party for the working man, whilst Liberal was for the capitalists. I had a 'Green' side to me as a young man, I first came up here to FNQ to visit the rainforests, before they disappeared in the mid 80's. I saw first hand the lies and use of media persuasion the Greens used, I saw the relationship between the Greens and Labor blossom...but just shrugged as I had picked Labor when I first voted and like a sport team or religion, just kept following them until the early 2000's when I started voting independent. The Carbon Tax was when I vowed never again...I stopped voting Labor before that.

I have no time for a people who try to stop dams but still like flushing their toilets

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I don't agree with everything the Greens do, but I like a political party to get basic human rights knocked on the head first before I worry about their other policies.

Geez some of that mid 70's sh*t was real sh*t :D, what next, some disco desperado putting up Plastique Bertrand performing Ca Plane Pour Moi. :eek:
Here's a link to that ghastly song Mick - I understand that you are somewhat "technology challenged" and hence need help with things like this - lol - so here you go - didn't you bop around to this song at the discos in the 1970s?:eek::p:D

Banging my head against Virgin Mobile again. This time the first robot gave me a time estimate, 30 minutes. They've improved by over 50% in one day! Theoretically.

I know this is thrilling you all, so I will keep you updated.

Portia
XXX

Banging my head against Virgin Mobile again. This time the first robot gave me a time estimate, 30 minutes. They've improved by over 50% in one day! Theoretically.

Portia
XXX

Updates every 60 seconds please...

Portia
XXX

I think we all feel your pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back