Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but it's on my watchlist. I think it screened at the Adelaide Film Festival last year but I missed it.
"In a dystopian near future, single people, according to the laws of The City, are taken to The Hotel, where they are obliged to find a romantic partner in forty-five days or are transformed into beasts and sent off into The Woods."

Some of them might be beasts before they get to this Hotel

No but it's on my watchlist. I think it screened at the Adelaide Film Festival last year but I missed it.

"In a dystopian near future, single people, according to the laws of The City, are taken to The Hotel, where they are obliged to find a romantic partner in forty-five days or are transformed into beasts and sent off into The Woods."

Some of them might be beasts before they get to this Hotel

I haven't seen it yet but really want to, it sounds like a pretty interesting take on society's obsession with coupledom.

Any good?

It's an intriguing movie. Worth watching.
They call it 'absurdist comedy' which fits. Some very funny moments but also quite dark.

Opeth playing a combination set of Damnation and Deliverance followed by a best of second set at the Sydney Opera House.

I'm really thinking of going to this.

Dylan8

i'm not from sydney and have never been to the opera house so this might be rubbish, but from what i've heard the opera house is actually terrible for rock/metal concerts

The opera house would have fantastic acoustics, alot of bad gigs are down to the sound guy lets face it

Edit: Seems you are right, there have been grumbles about the acoustics there for years.. I've only done the tourist thing there, never assume huh

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The BBC is reveling in a bit of sporting schadenfreude atm...

46af25df-10c4-4a0c-b808-8f265dfba315.jpg

Below France in the Rio medals table.

Whitewashed at the hands of Sri Lanka in the cricket.

And now the heaviest-ever home defeat to Tasman union rivals New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup.

Now is not a good time to be Australian sports fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back