Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what happened? no more free bus rides? that's OK with me, I caught the bus in for a couple games and scanned my metro card out of habit anyway..

Yes, the Footy Express service is a luxury that no one really asked for in the first place and even at $2.00 a trip it is cheaper than driving in and paying for a car park. I guess the big hassle would be the time taken by people buying tickets as they board the bus or train. Maybe a system where you have a credit on your season ticket and scan it as you enter the bus or train might work?

If we had a $22.00 levy applied to all season tickets and this was used at $2.00 a return trip it would prevent free loaders taking a free trip and provide an incentive for season ticket holders to catch the bus or train.

what happened? no more free bus rides? that's OK with me, I caught the bus in for a couple games and scanned my metro card out of habit anyway..
If you have the 28-day metro card it costs $117 and assuming you use it for travel to and from work 5 days a week before 9 and after 3 then you are already using $135.60 worth of travel. So any other use of it is free. Unfortunately it's not available online yet, you would have to go to information at the railway station.

He can't go 5 minutes without bringing it up today lol what a turd, too stupid to realize he's digging the grave of his media career.

Sooner he goes the better i will like it as he does more damage to the AFC brand than good.

Cornesy junior & Bicks would make for a great duo when Kane eventually retires.

"Walsh is a better coach than Vossy 'cause he's never been sacked as senior coach"
Did he really say that? That has to be the stupidest thing about football I have ever read in my life.
i actually feel stupider just reading it, God help me if I had actually heard it.

Rucci gave Bone a nice little send off intimating that Bone's non rose coloured Crows glasses was the reason he was no longer at AA.

When even the other board - who are alleged to be younger and more enlightened than the majority fruchoc-munching propaganda-swallowing supporter base - accuse him of being bitter due to his sacking at the hands of Blight whenever he offers a view that strays from the OMG AFC IS INFALLIBLE POWERHOUSE narrative, you have to wonder.

Was McDermott any friend to Port Adelaide though? I think we're better off with FiveAA being dominated by dills like Rowe and Bicks and Co. The more 'rah-rah' they get the better.

Was McDermott any friend to Port Adelaide though? I think we're better off with FiveAA being dominated by dills like Rowe and Bicks and Co. The more 'rah-rah' they get the better.

He wasn't.

He just wasn't a kool-aid drinking AFC Ambassador type who'd bang on about the Crows having the better list/coach/development/depth/pull factors/gourmet sausages despite all evidence to the contrary like Rowe, Wildy and the rest of them.

I don't feel as if i'm old and senile enough to listen to double crow, maybe in about 30 years time:thumbsu:

Seriously, this Footy express bullshit does remind you that we do live in the great state of Fruchoctopia. Do people stop going to work because they have to buy a bus ticket?
I'm going to use this excuse on monday :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bickley is either kidding himself or could not lie straight in bed at night if he thinks that he can be impartial when he is part of the marketing team at the bloody Crows. Just come out and admit you will be as about as impartial as the moron you will be working with.

Yep & pulled him up when he used the term 'we' when referring to the Crows, Kane's been in the drive home job a week & has more professionalism/impartiality than the bloke with years of 'media experience' they're replacing Bone with.
Have I missed the reason for the sacking of bone or is it all hush hush AFC business ??????????

"Walsh is a better coach than Vossy 'cause he's never been sacked as senior coach"

I'm better at ****ing Jennifer Lawrence than Chris Martin is, because I've never been sacked from ****ing Jennifer Lawrence.

Interesting to hear that Bickley said he did not know that Sando was going to be sacked...
Not surprising, Bickley was the only person in SA that didn't know he wasn't carrying on from his interim role a couple of years ago.

Am I the only one who thinks the Monopoly Times has the maths wrong in today's front page story? If the Power and Crows average 40,000 season ticket holders each a tax of $50 per season will amount to $4,000,000 which is well above the $2,500,000 charged by the SA Government for public transport.

Last season around 1,250,000 patrons went through the turnstiles at AO. If a tax of $2.00 was levied per attendance it should cover the additional cost. That amounts to $22.00 per season not $50.00 per season.

Have I got it wrong or are the figures quoted in the Murdoch Monopoly Times wrong?

Ok I will redo your maths.

Port 30k 11 gamers + crows 40,000 11 gamers = 70,000 These figures were from June
70,000 - 8,000 SMA members counted in both figures in June = 62,000
62,000 x $50 = $3.1mil
less GST of $3.1mil/11 = 281k => $2.8mil which is closer to the $2.5mil in the paper.

Not sure where you got 1.25mil patrons from but the figure for AFL footy is 1,016,514 22 games + 50,618 elimination final = 1,067,132
Paul from AFL tables on my suggsetion correct the elimination final figure last night.
http://afltables.com/afl/crowds/vn_adelaide_oval.html

Thanks for that REH.

My maths is based on what I kept hearing in June.

If our true membership base was 30k 11 gamers + 2.8k SMA members after the audit and the crows are 40k 11 gamers + 5.2k SMA members after the audit, then my maths in the previous post isn't right. After removing GST that gets to $3.2mil if the 30k+40K 11 gamers is right + SMA members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back