Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney limping.Straight off and iced up.
Warners over 150 Super Coach points with 10,minutes left

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is awesome football.

They have a phenomenal list and terrific players all over the ground. Elite ruck, mids, small forwards and rebounding defenders aplenty. Developing tall forwards. Reliable tall backs. Brilliant cohesion. Very well coached. It’s round 10, but this level is insane. No wonder their percentage is miles ahead of every other team.
Yep. Scary.

Right now they're flag favs, maybe only Collingwood and possibly Melbourne capable of stopping them at the MCG.

Hard to break the contenders into groups at this stage, but the only teams I think have a shot at the flag is down to Sydney, GWS, Melb and Collingwood.

TGV is more interesting.

2006, 2012, 2018, 2024 maybe a non Vic team will win this year and its the swans turn under that sequence.
With us and GWS legitimate chances to go deep in September, there's a reasonable chance they could score a GF against a non Vic club which on its own changes that whole narrative.

Time will tell if Sydney's list holds together in 24+injured good players waiting their turn.
Strength and conditioning is fantastic.They do play on a smaller ground.Tackles stick like glue

With us and GWS legitimate chances to go deep in September, there's a reasonable chance they could score a GF against a non Vic club which on its own changes that whole narrative.
How? 2006 was between 2 non Vic teams. Would make the sequence a mirror image.

How? 2006 was between 2 non Vic teams. Would make the sequence a mirror image.
The concept of Non-Vic sides not being able to win a flag, is based on the premise that they're playing the big game in Melb, usually against Vic clubs. If the top 4 had say 3 non Vic sides, and the likelihood of a GF consisting of 2 non-Vic sides was high, then the chance of the best non-Vic sides being victorious on GF day in Melbourne is obviously different. Ie. Obviously both grand finalists might be nonVic, and there's no home ground advantage to contend with if it was a Vic V nonVic side GF.

Honestly, if we were ever to score another flag, being up and about in a year where the top 4 was dominated by non-Vic sides boosts your chances of actually pulling it off just that little smidge.

I can’t remember the last time we lost to Sydney, then again my memory ain’t that crash hot these days.
Must be the 2016 classic Hinkley special game over at quarter time at SCG game. Was supposed to go but pulled out a couple of weeks beforehand and saved myself over a grand as was going to stay a week and catch up with mates.

The concept of Non-Vic sides not being able to win a flag, is based on the premise that they're playing the big game in Melb, usually against Vic clubs. If the top 4 had say 3 non Vic sides, and the likelihood of a GF consisting of 2 non-Vic sides was high, then the chance of the best non-Vic sides being victorious on GF day in Melbourne is obviously different. Ie. Obviously both grand finalists might be nonVic, and there's no home ground advantage to contend with if it was a Vic V nonVic side GF.

Honestly, if we were ever to score another flag, being up and about in a year where the top 4 was dominated by non-Vic sides boosts your chances of actually pulling it off just that little smidge.
I wasnt talking about a narrative. I was talking about a series / sequence.

If the sequence continues then it locks in a 1/6 chance for non vic teams winning a flag post 2006.

i was at the SCG and it was a horrible game to watch.

Sydney routinely put 18 plans within a handball of the contest, whilst Carlton had 4-5 loose players behind and ahead of the bad.

Sydney inside mids won the ball, 1 hand ball put and kicked over the spare man…. Rinse and repeat.

Voss’ Carlton has a Hinkley’s Port fell. Zero tactical changes all night.

What a waste of time. Did get to have beers with a mate, so that was positive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back