List Mgmt. 2014 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

The more I think about Durdin I think of James Sellar from a while a go. Best position is ruck but is undersized and struggles to find a position at AFL level. I am probably just thinking in to it a bit to much though as a month ago I was drooling at the thought of recruiting him.

All the kicking (and goalkicking for that matter) test shows is that Nathan Buckley, and some people at the AFL, don't understand how probability works. It certainly doesn't show if you can kick.
Your right they don't understand and you do. Whatever... What exactly does the kicking test show then if not kicking exactly?

There's something about having a mid range pick that seems to make the draft more interesting.

Top 5 pick - that's awesome, let's see which of the 2 or 3 candidates the club prefers.

Picks 15 - 20 - ok fine let's hope someone slides.

Picks 5 - 15 have so much more mystery, there's a pool of like 10 possible guys we could end up with, maybe more if a smoky comes in to play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gary Rohan topped the kicking test in his draft year. Every time I've seen him, he has been a complete liability with the ball in his possession. The test says nothing about disposal/decisions under the pressure of a game (i.e. when it actually matters).

Never said it was,I'm just answering your question mate
When you said he was rated the second best kick in the draft/combine I assumed that you meant he was rated the second best kick in the draft, rather than just finishing second in the kicking test.

confused by the wording is all.

all good now though.

the kicking test is crap it is one of Clem Smith's weakest points in games i have seen him play
I saw Clem play a game for Perth at Lathlain and his kicking was excellent. Good decisions and efficient and effective kicks. He has the tools so i wouldn't be that concerned.

But i agree the licking test is crap.

I saw Clem play a game for Perth at Lathlain and his kicking was excellent. Good decisions and efficient and effective kicks. He has the tools so i wouldn't be that concerned.

But i agree the licking test is crap.

i don't doubt what you saw but it is an issue, this is from afl.com

His kicking can at times be a little untidy, and his disposal efficiency was 62 per cent at the under-18 championships.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-18/meet-clem-smith

If we go tall with our first selection the available players are likely to be suited to defense (presuming we don't get Wright). I wouldn't mind seeing Alex Pearce played forward. He was recruited as a key forward and is athletically superior to 95% of AFL players. His height, agility and endurance is absolutely elite. I think he would combine well with our other talls. Triple towers of Taberber, Pearce and Apeness is quite mouth watering. Could also play a swing man role if needed in defense. Probably more adept than Taberner down back.

Great to see AFL and Freo in particular are getting more of an international following. I thought Gil was the only American on this board :D

Does anyone know why Angus Brayshaw supports Freo? He's from Vic Metro and the nephew of James Brayshaw, who's obviously from WA but even more evidently a North man. Chris25 ?

Does anyone know why Angus Brayshaw supports Freo? He's from Vic Metro and the nephew of James Brayshaw, who's obviously from WA but even more evidently a North man. Chris25 ?

Exciting midfielder Angus Brayshaw says he considers himself a West Australian playing in Victoria as he prepares for next month's national draft.

Brayshaw was born in WA, but moved interstate as a two-year-old to live in South Australia and Victoria.

His father Mark played for Claremont and North Melbourne, but Angus has played his junior football for the Sandringham Dragons.

Despite not remembering his time in WA, he often returns to Perth to visit family and said it was his home away from home.

"I definitely see myself as a West Australian at heart," Brayshaw said.

"I've been fortunate enough to play for Victoria throughout my junior football career and my grandparents, who are right into my footy, have been West Australians for 70 years.

"When I play against Western Australia in the carnivals, it breaks their hearts.

"I'll always remember where I come from. I was born in Western Australia."

Sport has been a huge part of Brayshaw's life. His grandfather Ian is a WA cricket icon and played in Claremont's 1964 WAFL premiership.

His uncle, James, played first-class cricket for WA and SA and is currently the president of North Melbourne.

His dad is also on the Kangaroos' board and has worked for Fremantle, Port Adelaide and Richmond.

Angus' WA roots are linked to his choice of football team because he followed his mum's lead and barracks for Fremantle.

A 187cm midfielder, he loves watching David Mundy, Nat Fyfe, and Ryan Crowley play.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/25149734/brayshaw-roots-remain-in-west/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back