WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care less about the result, just disappointed in the match. Was very run-of-the-mill by Ladder Match standards. Ziggler's instant revival comebacks pissed me off a bit, and Harper looked very mediocre. Obviously it's their job to put everything over, but the commentators selling it like it's a potential GOAT ladder match was a bit rich too.
I thought it was good to very good, and definitely the best on the card, but definitely not anything groundbreaking. They both put in massive amounts of effort though. Some of those bumps were bloody hard.
I didn't think Harper looked too bad, but there was just too much s**t in his way. Definitely works better when he has some room.
Really it was just a whole bunch of ladder spots, but that's still entertaining for me.

I thought it was good to very good, and definitely the best on the card, but definitely not anything groundbreaking. They both put in massive amounts of effort though. Some of those bumps were bloody hard.
I didn't think Harper looked too bad, but there was just too much s**t in his way. Definitely works better when he has some room.
Really it was just a whole bunch of ladder spots, but that's still entertaining for me.

Oh no doubt they tried, and it wasn't necessarily a bad match, just left me underwhelmed.

I agree that there was too much s**t in the way. They need to simplify these matches a bit, and cut back on the props. There doesn't need to be like 6-7 ladders in play when it's just a 1-on-1 match.

So was I the only one expecting a Super Cena comeback when Rollins was slowly walking out the door?

No. I was expecting it and was more shocked that it didn't happen than I would have been if it did happen.

I'm struggling so hard to draw any form of entertainment at all from the current product, it's unbelievably frustrating

That is what NXT is for. If you haven't yet seen it go watch REvolution to lift your spirits.

c74a576594e7f96bf172b3e20305da95.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The New Day promo as the most entertaining thing of the night. If you think Miz and Mizdow are funnier than New Day then you have the sense of humor of a seven year old.

Yep, that 'the big black man sweats a lot' joke was the height of high-brow humour :confused:

Yep, that 'the big black man sweats a lot' joke was the height of high-brow humour :confused:

Three guys ironically playing into black stereotypes and completely owning them despite not fitting into those stereotypes at all is far more humorous than a guy rolling around on the floor, doing the same joke every week. Kofi's raps are great and at least they're different every week.

As seen on Raw last night, whenever the announce team mentioned Sting’s name, also when Seth Rollins mentioned his name during an in-ring promo, the “Vigilante” nickname was used. Dave Meltzer reported on today’s Wrestling Observer Radio that announcers and talents have been told to use the “Vigilante” nickname for Sting whenever his name is said on TV, and that is a mandatory directive, with no exceptions.
ffs

This is the WWE we're talking about. I'm not totally convinced that their characters are being written (by a white person, I assume) ironically.

I have a theory that they're going for Rocky heat though. This is gonna lead to a 'all we do is come down with a positive message and you boo us because EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU IS RACIST' sort of thing. I think some sort of audible would've been called on their slow, plodding 15 minute match that was getting shat on by the crowd if the plan was for them to be genuinely popular. That theory is at least more comforting to me than a committee of white guys in WWE Creative being so out of touch that the New Day is what they believe black people are actually like.

WWE have done plenty of pardodies and ironic characters before, I think the three of them know what they're doing.

What you're saying sounds good, but it's more likely that'll be just one member breaking away from the group turning heel rather than some sort of "gotcha" moment involving all of them.

What if the New Day is supposed to be more like NXT Bo Dallas? Like they debut as these super good and positive guys, but people find them annoying and hater them while The New Day is still super positive and think they're the most fun guys around?

The 12/15 edition of WWE Monday Night Raw finished with an average of 3,522,000 viewers following this weekend’s WWE TLC pay-per-view. The numbers are down almost 5% from last week’s go-home show, and represent a rare occurrence where the viewership actually fell coming out of a pay-per-view.

The first hour started with 3,703,000 viewers and dropped to just 3,477,000 in the second hour. The third and final hour saw only 3,385,000 people tuned in, which is the lowest segment since the Christmas episode in 2012. Overall, this week’s WWE Raw viewership was the lowest score in 2014, and is expected to drop yet again next week with the holidays in full effect.

Just for added perspective, Monday’s show was down 12.3% from last year’s WWE TLC fallout episode on 12/15. WWE was obviously hoping for a lot more from Raw this week, as World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar was being advertised to appear, and Roman Reigns was expected to make his return to action as well. The main event was John Cena vs. Seth Rollins in a Steel Cage.
Raw ratings are just dropping and dropping. Lowest rating since the 2012 Christmas show. The lowest rating before that show was the September 8 1997 show that had the main event of HHH v Savio Vega v The Patriot. The 2012 Christmas show is the same show where Alberto Del Rio ran over Santa Claus

Raw ratings are just dropping and dropping. Lowest rating since the 2012 Christmas show. The lowest rating before that show was the September 8 1997 show that had the main event of HHH v Savio Vega v The Patriot. The 2012 Christmas show is the same show where Alberto Del Rio ran over Santa Claus

WWE really needs some Competition to actually try harder as they know they have no Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back