Analysis 2015 Breakout Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love it to be Paine. If he could have a breakout year it would be great for the club as we could get our Browny replacement and he seems to be a stand up bloke.

I'm hoping for Close but I am also planning to ride the PaineWagon as well like Van Damme on a pair of well-thighed trucks.

I'm hoping Nick Robertson can cement a regular place in the senior side. Although having said that, I'm not sure who he will displace.

And I'm going to be following Josh Clayton's progress very closely. Hopefully he can make his senior debut sometime this coming season.

Jono Freeman as our new FF.

Nick Robertson to force his way into the best 22 and cement his spot and of course, Daniel McStay.

If Mayes plays pretty much as a full time forward, I can see him being targeted as much as any of our talls. He's very much a lead up marking forward, as opposed to the goal sneak rover that Green is. Green is much more an opportunistic scorer, feeding off the spilt ball or quick pass. If Mayes plays as a permanent forward, the way Ash Mcgrath did on many occasions, I can see him very easily outscoring Green.
Yeah, I'll take it. Mayes 40 goals, Green 39. ;)

I think Paine has been told where he can get a spot in the team and has adjusted accordingly. He wont get a KPF spot, but if he can get his running up playing as a marking HFF or 3rd tall type he might get some game time. Staker and McGuane probably have those spots but they dont have a lot of time left.
The problem is, that's not really a position of need for us.
It's good to hear that Paine's fitness has improved, but he doesn't strike me as someone with the tools to be an effective player at AFL level.

If he is playing the HB role then we might not see them too much.
Too much to ask for every 2nd or 3rd game? - a defensive half back wall/flood/zone 60m out from our goals, ball turned over and a slick handball across to Rich who slots it through the middle... :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mayes can be our Breust I reckon, whether that is this year or not is yet to be seen, but from his time in the forward line rather than on the wing he has shown that he has all the tools to be a consistent goal threat. If we re getting enough good quality ball down there, Mayes, Green and the whole team will benefit.

Bit early to tell so far but l do rate them ahead of Paine in footballing terms.
Heard somewhere that he was the leading goalscorer for the VFL the last year he was at Collingwood.

I have zero expectations for Paine in 2015, I will be happy for him to succeed just as I am for any player of our game.

So you won't be all that happy to see D Beams running around for the Lions then?
Just FYI, it probably won't be any use replying to me as i havent been able to view ure messages for over 6 months. Just coincidence l decided to check this one...
And in answer to your question, I don't particularly rate Paine from what l have seen of him. I have seen Beams and l rate him so l don't have a problem with him playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back