WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryan vs Kane in a casket match - clutching at straws but could they possibly do Bryan vs Taker?

As much as I like the idea of bray / taker on paper. Taker needs to just stay away

These constant suggestions that the MITB holder should for some reason be forced to defend their title opportunity annoy me.

I know why it happens - it's a function of the secondary titles meaning so little that the case is more important. (Suggestions that it happen at WM may also be a function of the Streak being gone, which was previously the biggest prize at WM)

But why would any MITB winner do it? Even aside from the fact that it would make no sense for The Authority to make Rollins defend it, what possibly justification could there be for someone to bust their arse and beat 6-7 other guys... only for some other schmos to come in and get a 1 in 3 shot at it?

It just makes no sense whatsoever. And if WWE actually did it, I think we'd criticise their lazy booking and say exactly what I've just said - restore some value to your secondary titles so there's more than one thing to work for.

Which is why, if they aren't ever going to push Bryan as "THE guy", giving him the IC title for over a year, making him look strong, and restoring some value to the belt would be awesome. At the moment they see the belt as teflon - Barrett can job clean to Sin Cara, but apparently he still looks strong cos he has the belt.

They'd need to get away from this; maybe have Bryan main event a lot of Raws, defend the hell out of it on SD (where he wants to compete more anyway), and have him look like a midcard beast. New Japans IC belt hasn't had the chance to be tarnished in the way that WWE's belt has - but in terms of crowd support and in terms of what he could do for the belt, you can draw parallels between Nakamura and Bryan.

These constant suggestions that the MITB holder should for some reason be forced to defend their title opportunity annoy me.

I know why it happens - it's a function of the secondary titles meaning so little that the case is more important. (Suggestions that it happen at WM may also be a function of the Streak being gone, which was previously the biggest prize at WM)

But why would any MITB winner do it? Even aside from the fact that it would make no sense for The Authority to make Rollins defend it, what possibly justification could there be for someone to bust their arse and beat 6-7 other guys... only for some other schmos to come in and get a 1 in 3 shot at it?

It just makes no sense whatsoever. And if WWE actually did it, I think we'd criticise their lazy booking and say exactly what I've just said - restore some value to your secondary titles so there's more than one thing to work for.

Which is why, if they aren't ever going to push Bryan as "THE guy", giving him the IC title for over a year, making him look strong, and restoring some value to the belt would be awesome. At the moment they see the belt as teflon - Barrett can job clean to Sin Cara, but apparently he still looks strong cos he has the belt.

They'd need to get away from this; maybe have Bryan main event a lot of Raws, defend the hell out of it on SD (where he wants to compete more anyway), and have him look like a midcard beast. New Japans IC belt hasn't had the chance to be tarnished in the way that WWE's belt has - but in terms of crowd support and in terms of what he could do for the belt, you can draw parallels between Nakamura and Bryan.
I agree 100%.

Been watching a lot of Bret Hart interviews recently.

WWE should give him a job really like his insights on what it takes to have great wrestling matches.

Would be great but never work. He'd want matches given time so to develop crowd connection and some results every now and again. WWE wants rushed garbage with DQ finishes so it can fit in countless recaps, lame interviews and even irrelevant musical acts.

So do we know when Raw be on Fox 8 - 100% sure?
It's probably easier to torrent it, that way you can skip through all the s**t as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back