2015 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

But Port count magpies members so then the AFL will audit your figure downward as happened last year.
So? Does anyone really give a s**t about who counts what? As long as more members means more income for the clubs they could count digits for all most of us care.

So? Does anyone really give a s**t about who counts what? As long as more members means more income for the clubs they could count digits for all most of us care.

The difference is nearly every single magpie member would also be a power member, since a power membership doesn't allow you to watch magpie games. So because no $ are announced, or breakdowns give, port are counting 1 person as 2.

I actually believe your club does.

Answer this honestly, if Port pass the crows membership number, do you believe they will make a big deal out of it?

659946-keith-thomas-and-david-koch.jpg

061025-9ad14fe4-6a0b-11e3-b1c2-12026a975936.jpg

11015106_10152847782793882_4854154688750492767_n.jpg

What next????????

The difference is nearly every single magpie member would also be a power member, since a power membership doesn't allow you to watch magpie games. So port are counting 1 person as 2.
If the they pay for two separate memberships why not?

It is great advertising for the club and great for advertising but some of the stuff on BF lately is ... well I can't think of a word for it.

More memberships means more income and greater chance of attracting sponsors.

Anyway this all started from someone disputing that there are approximately 8000 11 game members for both clubs that are not club members as such and the clubs got $0 from them last year but will get $50 pa from each one of those memberships this year.

It is great advertising for the club and great for advertising but some of the stuff on BF lately is ... well I can't think of a word for it.

More memberships means more income and greater chance of attracting sponsors.

Anyway this all started from someone disputing that there are approximately 8000 11 game members for both clubs that are not club members as such and the clubs got $0 from them last year but will get $50 pa from each one of those memberships this year.

Thanks, I'll take that as a yes.

Therefore, some do take it serious.

One club, 2 memberships?

One Club should pay the $400,000 to the other clubs to buy their supporters access or at least offer access to home games. Its nothing but a money grab and numbers boost. I think someone worked out we pay about $10 each on top of our memberships to include entry to see our SANFL team play and we are not counted twice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would include about 8000 SMA members. Which Port also include as these people are effectively members of both club since $100 of their cost is split 50/50.

Membership figure is a great effort. But I reckon we should post it as 120,766 members as we are all members of our "SANFL Club" as well. Just to make a mockery of how figures are reported till the AFL publish their "real" figure.

I am counted twice as I have a bronze membership so I can go to SANFL games and bring my wife to 3 AFL games as well as my SMA Membership.
Wonder how many SMA members have some form of crows membership such as a Boundary Line.

One club, 2 memberships?

One Club should pay the $400,000 to the other clubs to buy their supporters access or at least offer access to home games. Its nothing but a money grab and numbers boost. I think someone worked out we pay about $10 each on top of our memberships to include entry to see our SANFL team play and we are not counted twice.

When a corporation opens a new franchise, normally they honor memberships purchased at other franchises. I guess Port are following the "charge your customers whenever and where ever" model.

Charging extra to watch the reserves play is the football equivalent of DLC that's included on the game disk but not activated until paid for.

When a corporation opens a new franchise, normally they honor memberships purchased at other franchises. I guess Port are following the "charge your customers whenever and where ever" model.

Charging extra to watch the reserves play is the football equivalent of DLC that's included on the game disk but not activated until paid for.

I believe we had the highest SANFL attendance over 2014 so the model we have obviously works for us, its a great value add for our membership. Don't see why they wouldn't share the cost across all members and truly be one club a part from knocking 6000 members off their tally.

I believe we had the highest SANFL attendance over 2014 so the model we have obviously works for us, its a great value add for our membership. Don't see why they wouldn't share the cost across all members and truly be one club a part from knocking 6000 members off their tally.

Maybe they're not one-club like we are :)

For those last page talking about the fact their membership card hasn't arrived yet, I wonder if we could do what Arsenal do.
Issue 1 card, and have the ability to load the game onto it

For example, last season, I became a member as I was in London and could get to two games. I went to the 2 games.
What they did was activate the card to get into the stadium for that game.

It carries over season to season to, so the card I got sent out in 2013-14 is now activated and active for 2014-15

So if we got a generic

'Adelaide Football Club membership' card, if you renew for the new season, the club just updates the card, it wont have your seat number on it, so you'd have to remember that (but there are people in the stadium with scanners who can check if you get lost to direct you)

Just thinking this could save us money long term (less cards to issue) and take away the hassle in rd 1 when people are worried if it'll arrive on time.

If there's one thing we can take from all these numbers, it's that none of them measure the fan base better than the figures below. That is all.

2014 AFL Home Match Attendance

Adelaide Crows 48,046
Collingwood Magpies 48,007
Essendon Bombers 45,067
Port Adelaide Power 45,029
Richmond Tigers 43,195
Hawthorn Hawks 42,728
Carlton Blues 39,461
Sydney Swans 38,716
Geelong Cats 36,583
Fremantle Dockers 36,215
West Coast Eagles 34,198
North Melbourne Kangaroos 28,935
Melbourne Demons 25,638
St Kilda Saints 23,296
Western Bulldogs 22,266
Brisbane Lions 19,736
Gold Coast Suns 16,092
GWS Giants 9,226
ALL 33,696

For those last page talking about the fact their membership card hasn't arrived yet, I wonder if we could do what Arsenal do.
Issue 1 card, and have the ability to load the game onto it

For example, last season, I became a member as I was in London and could get to two games. I went to the 2 games.
What they did was activate the card to get into the stadium for that game.

It carries over season to season to, so the card I got sent out in 2013-14 is now activated and active for 2014-15

So if we got a generic

'Adelaide Football Club membership' card, if you renew for the new season, the club just updates the card, it wont have your seat number on it, so you'd have to remember that (but there are people in the stadium with scanners who can check if you get lost to direct you)

Just thinking this could save us money long term (less cards to issue) and take away the hassle in rd 1 when people are worried if it'll arrive on time.

If they can generate temporary barcodes for that last trial game there should be no problems generating a QR code to enter using a phone which would be even easier. Ticketek issue single game tickets using their mobile ticket app which I have used before. I've mentioned it before but taking that a step further it would be nice to be able to then email or print off a temporary 1 game barcode to give away if you cant attend that week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back