AFL Club
Carlton
premiershipseason.png

AFLR1%20-%20HawksvCats.png

Match Information

• Where and When: MCG, Monday, April 6, 3.20pm
 AEST
  • Stadium Information
  • TV Broadcast: 7 Network (National), Foxtel (national)
  • Weather Forecast: Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. Light west to southwesterly winds. Max 18.
Head to Head
  • Played - 156
  • Hawthorn 70, Geelong 85, Drawn 1

Last 5 Times

• 2QF, 2014, Hawthorn 15.14 (104) d Geelong 10.8 (68) at the MCG
  • R22, 2014, Hawthorn 14.10 (94) d Geelong 11.5 (71) at the MCG
  • R5, 2014, Geelong 15.16 (106) d Hawthorn 12.15 (87) at the MCG
  • 1PF, 2013, Hawthorn 14.18 (102) d Geelong 15.7 (97) at the MCG
  • R15, 2013, Geelong 11.16 (82) d Hawthorn 10.12 (72) at the MCG
Last time they played (finals)

Last time they played (H&A)

Last time they played (Easter Monday)

Team Lineups

r1hawvgeel.png

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane
Final Monday teams:
  • Geel Cats v Haw: Interchange - Cockatoo, Gregson, Lang, Simpson. Emergencies - Horlin-Smith, Murdoch, Smedts.
  • Final Monday teams: Haw v Geel Cats: Interchange - Suckling, Duryea, Anderson, Ceglar. Emergencies - O'Rourke, Schoenmakers, Hartung.

I think Geelong may get up in this one. We've essentially lost our run & carry and drive off half back without Birchall.

Geelong will likely put a hard tag on Hodge now.
Birchall is a star no doubt and super important but he is just 1 player after all. We can cover him enough with Suckling, Hodge and Burgoyne. Even Gibson will provide great drive and rebound.

The game will most likely be tight and have lots of momentum swings. The team that makes the most of it's chances will win this one and the Hawks have done that against most oppositions better than anyone the past 2 years.

Hawks favourites and deservedly so but a 1.40 or so is too short. Closer to 1.65/1.70.

Watch Hawthorn destroy this in the second half. Well and truly have Geelong covered now.

Hawks by 55
Haha no way. Geelong is still a very good side and it's also early in the season when some teams take awhile to fully hit good form. This will be closer than what many people think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else going to watch just to see Cockatoo play?

I don't normally get excited by opposition players but I hope this kid makes it, he would be great to watch at his best
While I'm excited to see him play everyone needs to calm down about this kid

Last edited:
Conflicted. Dunno if I want Mitch to kick a bag on Frawley or Frawley to keep Mitch quiet.
I've got a better scenario.

Mitch Kicks a bag on Lake and Hawkins takes Frawley to the cleaners.

I've got a better scenario.

Mitch Kicks a bag on Lake and Hawkins takes Frawley to the cleaners.

Mitch going back with the flight, gets cleaned up by Frawleys elbow but he falls with his knee in Frawleys family jewels. I can dig that one. haha

:D

No idea for this one. Been 'confident' with most of my tips this week prior to the games, barring Dogs/Eagles and Lions/Pies games.

I was confident Freo/Port would be a nailbiter, the Crows would beat us (just not by 80...) and the Giants would win in a close one.

For me, this could be a huge win to the Hawks, a nailbiter that goes either way, or Hawkins kicks a bag and leads the Cats to a booming victory.

I think Hawthorn are the better team, but it's round 1, you never know, there are so many factors that we don't know about.

Hawks by 22 is my tip.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back