Autopsy Round 9: Richmond V Essendon @ MCG - Changes for Fremantle

Vote for your top 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

94f.png

Bathing in the Essendank tears.

Nice to win.
Missed last 4 minutes due to a punch on in one of the bars in the 3121 section.
Absolute disgrace that it got to that point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that's 3 weeks in a row that sides have come back at us and three weeks in a row we haven't cracked under the pressure. I may have been wrong about us.... no coincidence we have 4 first year players (in the seniors) and we are doing this. They aren't scarred from all the disappointments at the moment!

Ugly win but beautiful in the way we did it.

Things I loved:

C.Ellis goal in the last.... wowee. What confidence and calmness/panic under pressure... what a finish!
Titch taking a ripper mark in a pack just moments after his brain fade 50 metre penalty
Ivan - just made Bellchambers look 2nd rate
Grigg - continuing to be very very good. Shut down Watson for most of the game (I think - I was sitting miles up). Watson got going in the 3rd but that was it.
Our ability to slow the Bombers coming out of defence (except in the third).
Dusty really getting the ball going forward rather than sideways.
Lots of other things

Things I didn't love:

C.Ellis goal in the last..... Could have run another 20 metres, could have hit up one of the blokes who were spreading and free... I think he made the wrong decision to kick when he did but what a finish!
Titch's ridiculous 50 metre penalty brain snap
Houli's handling tonight was poor - did take a good mark late though but bit fumbly by his standards.
Lids shot at goal... has to kick them. Run-up robbed him of momentum. I know it worked last week but maybe 2 more steps?
Miles - if we was meant to be near Heppell at the stoppages he did a piss-poor job. If he wasn't then whoever was did a piss-poor job!
We went a bit too slowly at times round the boundary.... I think DH will probably agree. We needed to know when to take it on a bit more.... but definitely better than too much the other way. We won too so maybe I shouldn't complain...
A few other things

WOW!

What a day so emotional and so happy at the same time.
1. Wife gives birth to a beautiful healthy baby boy. Our first child.
2. Richmond get up for a cracking win just makes the day even more better.

The only dampener... My boy falling asleep at the beginning of the 4th. Poor form.

Good work!

My son was born and became a member on Richmonds 129th birthday. Kind of hoping he plays for Richmond, will be his 21st Birthday on our 150th.

LOL Dons, you guys are stuffed. Will be the next carlton in 24 months when all your aging campaigners leave.
All will be gone in the next 2 seasons :)

Chappy - Gone
fletch - Gone
Watson - Gone
Goddard - Gone
Cooney - Gone
Stanton - Gone
Not to mention the players who get bent over by wada

I had an Essendon bloke turnaround and almost ark up at me in the second because I said Rance grabbed the ball not the legs... He left early!
Got no clue about the game those campaigners, no clue

All young bandwagoner tossbags that jumped on after the 2000 premiership*

WOW!

What a day so emotional and so happy at the same time.
1. Wife gives birth to a beautiful healthy baby boy. Our first child.
2. Richmond get up for a cracking win just makes the day even more better.

The only dampener... My boy falling asleep at the beginning of the 4th. Poor form.

Stoked for you mate! Hows your sons junk ? Hope its a decent size for a newborn. Its important :p

Also when my little babys fell asleep during a game. Just apply a ice cube to his testicles, works a treat :)

Back