List Mgmt. 2015 TRADE discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinces transformation has been huge. Really turned himself into a gun midfielder. You'd assume we'd have a pick somewhere around 5-6. I don't pay any attention to upcoming drafts so I'm unsure of the real value that would hold this year. I think Geelong may want a bit of a sweetener on that, and I certainly wouldn't be willing to pay anymore than that. Is Motlop out of contract at the end of the year? I have a feeling they'll send Motlop to Adelaide if they don't have the room to get Dangerfield through FA.
I only brought this up because it was mentioned on Footy classifieds that Geelong and Adelaide are already in trade talks about Dangerfield and Geelong are after another first round to send to Adelaide, not necessarily Motlop going to Adelaide but finding a pick that would accommodate them.

Motlop would be huge for us - he's exactly what we need.

I wonder about his attitude (drinking a few days before a game for example) but there's no denying his brilliance as a footballer, and he's been consistently excellent for a year and a half or so.

Would I offer up our first pick for him? Maybe, only if he passes the 'no d@ck head' policy though...
Its a strange one, Motlop seemed disappointed with himself with getting banned for his drinking before the game so I don't really know where the rumours have come from about him wanting out since that happened.

Motlop is having his best season, he must be working on his game, after taking Garlett I don't have a problem with Motlop's minor slip up, as long as he continues to work hard.

His defensive game is the biggest worry though, not sure if it suits our pressure style of footy.

I only brought this up because it was mentioned on Footy classifieds that Geelong and Adelaide are already in trade talks about Dangerfield and Geelong are after another first round to send to Adelaide, not necessarily Motlop going to Adelaide but finding a pick that would accommodate them.
Well on talent alone, I think I'd be happy to offer our first. Finals are the goal next year. If Roos gives him the tick for attitude Id be stoked to have him in the red and blue.

Well on talent alone, I think I'd be happy to offer our first. Finals are the goal next year. If Roos gives him the tick for attitude Id be stoked to have him in the red and blue.
Yeah getting ready made talent like Motlop would certainly go along way helping us reach the finals in the near future.

Yea, would do for our first rounder this year in a weakish draft.

But if our man Mr.Taylor has someone up his sleeve who he thinks will be a jet I'm not fussed if we dont part with our pick either. The guy has hit nothing but gold on every pick he's had inside the top 10 so far.

#intaylorwetrust

YES YES YES YES to Motlop. He's a freakshow. May be a little loose off-field at times, but we can deal with that. We are sorted for inside midfielders, pace on the outside is a huge requirement and somehow Matt Jones just doesn't fit the bill.

Yea, would do for our first rounder this year in a weakish draft.

But if our man Mr.Taylor has someone up his sleeve who he thinks will be a jet I'm not fussed if we dont part with our pick either. The guy has hit nothing but gold on every pick he's had inside the top 10 so far.

#intaylorwetrust
9. Salem
2. Petracca
3. Brayshaw

Is three picks in two years really enough time to judge him? Especially when one of them hasn't kicked a ball in anger.

No doubt people will be baying for blood should any of them hit poor form or not develop properly.

Huge tick for Motlop from me, having a great year so far and kicks plenty of goals.

Would happily give up our first pick for a 24 year old that gets plenty of the ball, evades tackles and kicks goals.

9. Salem
2. Petracca
3. Brayshaw

Is three picks in two years really enough time to judge him? Especially when one of them hasn't kicked a ball in anger.

No doubt people will be baying for blood should any of them hit poor form or not develop properly.

They all look like footballers. Tell me they dont. 'Develop' isn't relevant here, Taylor hasn't picked athletic types and outside receivers, these guys are good proper footballers.

Look at the years prior to this and anyone on this board will tell you i had massive doubts from the get-go over many of them (still do on Toumpas incase you have missed it ;) )

I haven't got a worry in the world about any of those players. Petracca was my pick of the whole draft crop last year (along with many other people), watching Brayshaw go about his work this season has only heightened my enthusiasm about what he will bring us next year. He's a dead set jet.

Taylor's does what you are supposed to do with a first round draft pick, pick your team a can't miss footballer, this isn't the Rockie (poor unfortunate Dean Bailey) and Bullwinkle (Barry Prendergast) show, trying to outsmart everyone with your first rounders only leads to disaster as we have all seen:

Bailey: 'Melbourne supporters, now here's something we hope you really like'

BP: *pulls Lucas Cook out of his hat*

Salem, Brayshaw and Petracca all guns. Have no fear, Taylor knows his s**t.

If we can possible get another KPF in the draft with our first pick, i'd prefer to keep it. Someone to play alongside Hogan is better for our future than someone like Motlop imo.

If we can possible get another KPF in the draft with our first pick, i'd prefer to keep it. Someone to play alongside Hogan is better for our future than someone like Motlop imo.

Schache will be gone but Charlie Curnow and Sam Weideman could be around the mark.

I don't think we'll reach for a tall though.

If we take our pick to the draft (i would not be surprised if we trade it), we will just take the best player available.

I agree we need another KPF along side Hogan, I said earlier I want Schache but he won't go past pick 3 now. Wiedeman the only real other option in this draft but not work pick 4-6, possible chance he's tgere at out 2nd pick but more likely we'll need to upgrade that pick to an early teens pick to nab him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree we need another KPF along side Hogan, I said earlier I want Schache but he won't go past pick 3 now. Wiedeman the only real other option in this draft but not work pick 4-6, possible chance he's tgere at out 2nd pick but more likely we'll need to upgrade that pick to an early teens pick to nab him

Talk is that Charlie Curnow may have grown to up around the 193cm mark, and is still going.

I dont think its important, WC were mediocre for quite a while despite having an incredibly good forward line because they didnt have the midfield

Keep stacking the midfield, we dont need another superstar forward just someone solid who can kick goals and provide another option

Talk is that Charlie Curnow may have grown to up around the 193cm mark, and is still going.
I like him, I'm hoping he can play as a big bodied midfielder rather than a KPF, don't know if he can play midfield but seems to have a fair few tricks up his sleeve

I dont think its important, WC were mediocre for quite a while despite having an incredibly good forward line because they didnt have the midfield

Keep stacking the midfield, we dont need another superstar forward just someone solid who can kick goals and provide another option
I thinks that all people are asking for, a solid forward next to Hogan, not necessarily a superstar, but even just to get another option up forward you can't wait until the end of the draft.

They all look like footballers. Tell me they dont. 'Develop' isn't relevant here, Taylor hasn't picked athletic types and outside receivers, these guys are good proper footballers.

Look at the years prior to this and anyone on this board will tell you i had massive doubts from the get-go over many of them (still do on Toumpas incase you have missed it ;) )

I haven't got a worry in the world about any of those players. Petracca was my pick of the whole draft crop last year (along with many other people), watching Brayshaw go about his work this season has only heightened my enthusiasm about what he will bring us next year. He's a dead set jet.

Taylor's does what you are supposed to do with a first round draft pick, pick your team a can't miss footballer, this isn't the Rockie (poor unfortunate Dean Bailey) and Bullwinkle (Barry Prendergast) show, trying to outsmart everyone with your first rounders only leads to disaster as we have all seen:

Bailey: 'Melbourne supporters, now here's something we hope you really like'

BP: *pulls Lucas Cook out of his hat*

Salem, Brayshaw and Petracca all guns. Have no fear, Taylor knows his s**t.

Agreed, Taylor and Viney look like they know how to build a club from rubbish to football team: DRAFT/TRADE FOR THE BEST AVAILABLE TALENT.

Drafting/trading for positional needs is for the teams up the top/on the verge who have got the core of their team full of talented footballers.

It's better then the other stuff you gents have been serving up!!

Yes, i get it now. :thumbsu:

Just incase Roos or Taylor drop past the board for some trade or draft advice we have to keep our srs faces on and bring some quality ideas to the table. You never know when your number will be called.

I thinks that all people are asking for, a solid forward next to Hogan, not necessarily a superstar, but even just to get another option up forward you can't wait until the end of the draft.

You cant get a forward past probably pick 30 who is any good, Reckon we will chase one soon though because we arent developing any in the reserves which isnt great for list profile

We already have two, OMAC and Fitz. Oscar in particular looks like he's going to be very good. He played a bit forward in the TAC towards the end of the year and did well. He's 195cm plus, very quick and is an outstanding mark. He can play kick to kick with brother Tom from 2017.
I reckon we'll draft Mathieson with our first pick, aggressive inside mid, or otherwise Darcy Parish. We need to stockpile class mids while we are still getting early looks in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back