List Mgmt. 2015 TRADE discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cant get a forward past probably pick 30 who is any good, Reckon we will chase one soon though because we arent developing any in the reserves which isnt great for list profile
Agree anything past pick 30 isn't worth it. There are only really 2-3 key Forwards worth taking in this draft so you have to pay a little bit overs to get them, and before this season Schache looked the best and I was prepared to pay a bit extra to get him, I didn't expect him to dominate and be a top 3 pick. Wiedeman the next best worth probably a pick in the 20's but will go in the teens so we will have to upgrade to get him. I'd be happy with one pick on a KPF and one on a Mid, if not then both picks on Mids.

But if we can bring ready made talent like Motlop in, then we should trade our picks.

We already have two, OMAC and Fitz. Oscar in particular looks like he's going to be very good. He played a bit forward in the TAC towards the end of the year and did well. He's 195cm plus, very quick and is an outstanding mark. He can play kick to kick with brother Tom from 2017.
I reckon we'll draft Mathieson with our first pick, aggressive inside mid, or otherwise Darcy Parish. We need to stockpile class mids while we are still getting early looks in the draft.
Oscar is a better defender, he's played much more as a defender and is currently playing as a defender for Casey. Fitzy has been around for 6 years and he hasn't made as a forward and is also been moved to the back line.

Regardless there is only one forward in this draft worth a top pick and he'll be gone by our pick so I don't think it'll be something we are addressing with our first pick.

Agree on Mathienson and Parish, also Partington from SA, Would be happy with any of those 3.

Prepare to be swamped with examples...

Still waiting

Riewoldt, Darling, Franklin, Hogan, Kennedy, Roughead, Patton, Boyd, Henderson, Daniher, Vickery etc All taken early and predominantly top 10

Then Cloke and Hawkins who were F/S and Walker who was a scholarship from NSW if I remember correctly

Leaves Pav and Tippett who I cant remember where they were taken but im sure fairly high

If there is a key forward worth taking at our pick then go for it, but Im not sure we have to reach for one just yet especially with the introduction of FA

Still waiting

Riewoldt, Darling, Franklin, Hogan, Kennedy, Roughead, Patton, Boyd, Henderson, Daniher, Vickery etc All taken early and predominantly top 10

Then Cloke and Hawkins who were F/S and Walker who was a scholarship from NSW if I remember correctly

Leaves Pav and Tippett who I cant remember where they were taken but im sure fairly high

If there is a key forward worth taking at our pick then go for it, but Im not sure we have to reach for one just yet especially with the introduction of FA
It holds out for KPP but not for forwards in general. Just at MFC we have:
1. JKH 40
2. Kent 48
3. Howe 33
4. Jeffy G 85

If you cast the net wider: Puppolo 66, Fasolo 45, Parker 40, Breust 77, Dalhause 70, Clancee Pearce 78.
So long as we keep Hogan we really only need to find one KPP before Dawes/Pedo/Fitz finishes. Who knows it could be Gawn or OMAC.

Still waiting

Pav was number 4 in 99, and from memory we lost pick 4 to Fremantle because we went over the salary cap when we poached Jeff White.

Last edited:
Still waiting

Pav was pick 4 in 1999 after being overlooked for the 1998 draft.

Tippett was 32 in 2006.

It holds out for KPP but not for forwards in general. Just at MFC we have:
1. JKH 40
2. Kent 48
3. Howe 33
4. Jeffy G 85

If you cast the net wider: Puppolo 66, Fasolo 45, Parker 40, Breust 77, Dalhause 70, Clancee Pearce 78.
So long as we keep Hogan we really only need to find one KPP before Dawes/Pedo/Fitz finishes. Who knows it could be Gawn or OMAC.

Lmao, you quote a poster who was talking about KPF's and you produce some forward flankers, forward pockets and then it gets really weird with even a backman and a couple of mids thrown in. Post fail.

PS: You forgot Dane Swan, Tom Rockliff and Daniel Nicholson

But if we can bring ready made talent like Motlop in, then we should trade our picks.

Talk is that Adelaide will seek to negotiate a deal with Geelong for Dangerfield (ie. if you don't trade wth us we will match your offer).

Adelaide will get a mid first round compo for Danger, so it will need to be more than that.

If we offer our first pick for Motlop, that would be more than enough for Geelong to use with their own first round pick.

I reckon we could get something else thrown in, if we were to offer pick 4 or 5 for Motlop.

No clubs ahead of us in the draft will be giving up their picks so we could be Geelongs best option to deal with.

Talk is that Adelaide will seek to negotiate a deal with Geelong for Dangerfield (ie. if you don't trade wth us we will match your offer).

Adelaide will get a mid first round compo for Danger, so it will need to be more than that.

If we offer our first pick for Motlop, that would be more than enough for Geelong to use with their own first round pick.

I reckon we could get something else thrown in, if we were to offer pick 4 or 5 for Motlop.

No clubs ahead of us in the draft will be giving up their picks so we could be Geelongs best option to deal with.
Well this was mentioned on footy Classifieds last night that Adelaide and Geelong are basically already in talks, wasn't 100% confirmed though. They said Motlop would be up for trade to bring another pick in to ship off to Adelaide. They said Essendon are heavily into Motlop, they are on the same wins as us so they may end up having a better pick than us. We just need Motlop to want to come to us over Essendon or any other club.

Good point. But maybe Adelaide would prefer Motlop (being a SA boy) and the Cats first rounder instead of our pick?

They get the pace and goals from the midfield back (albeit slightly less than Danger could provide) with a first round pick.

Good point.

But maybe Adelaide would prefer Motlop (being an SA boy) and the Cats first rounder instead of our pick?

They get the pace and goals from the midfield back (albeit slightly less than Danger could provide) with a first round pick.
Motlop is from NT

Motlop is from NT

My bad, for some reason i always thought he and Daniel were from SA.

Still, i think its a valid point, would Adelaide prefer a ready made replacement for Danger than another first round pick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My bad, for some reason i always thought he and Daniel were from SA.
Yeah might have to do with Daniel playing for the Power for many years.

Well this was mentioned on footy Classifieds last night that Adelaide and Geelong are basically already in talks, wasn't 100% confirmed though. They said Motlop would be up for trade to bring another pick in to ship off to Adelaide. They said Essendon are heavily into Motlop, they are on the same wins as us so they may end up having a better pick than us. We just need Motlop to want to come to us over Essendon or any other club.

Yeh it would be largely determined by where Motlop would want to go.

You would think no player would want to head to Essendon for any reason other than a big pay day at the moment - but you also suspect Esendon would be prepared to pay him more than us for that exact reason.

Never seen him play but would like to stay away from Charlie Curnow. What if he's just a taller version of his honest grifter brother... third rounder.

Never seen him play but would like to stay away from Charlie Curnow. What if he's just a taller version of his honest grifter brother... third rounder.

I've heard nothing but good things about him especially with Jason dunstall pumping him up

But I know what you mean , can you imagine if Jeff gillies was up for drafting

I've heard nothing but good things about him especially with Jason dunstall pumping him up

But I know what you mean , can you imagine if Jeff gillies was up for drafting

The most recent case I can recall is that Andrew Moore at Port. Kelvin Moore's brother. Top 10 pick. You'd probably want DNA testing to check if one of them was adopted or something before using a first rounder.

Pretty sure Nathan Jones has an older brother that never made it. Pendlebury has 2 brothers who never made the AFL yet he'll be in the Hall of Fame. Countless other gun players would have brothers than we've never even heard of because they were crap at footy.

To question drafting a player based on the output of their brother is an easy route to take, but the wrong thing to do. Players can be very very different physically and mentally even if they're born of the same parents.

To question drafting a player based on the output of their brother is an easy route to take, but the wrong thing to do. Players can be very very different physically and mentally even if they're born of the same parents.

It's tongue in cheek. Yes, you ignore the everything and assess the player on merit. Never seen Curnow play, probably won't see him play until he gets a gig for whatever AFL club he ends up at. However, if his kicking goes further up than it does across the park and misses the target by 10 metres, I'll be like... "Yep".

I would love to get Motlop, except that every time I hear his surname I instantly start thinking it sort of looks and sounds like a normal name but backwards, and while I'm figuring it all out I screw up my eyes and miss a Garlett goal.

Don't suppose that Lovell from the Tassie 18's is any relation to Andy

Don't suppose that Lovell from the Tassie 18's is any relation to Andy

If not, should be able to push some adoption papers through before the draft comes about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back