Autopsy Post game. Close but not quite. Pies down by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah well, we are looking exciting.. Again it was the inexperience, two close losses to the two best teams in the comp. I'm disappointed but still so proud of how far this group has come.

GO PIES

I was at work and only got to catch the end, can someone please give a brief review or at least tell me who was on Rioli?

I'm proud, but it feels s**t because it felt as if we were going to win it for the whole game. Right up until that Bruest goal we were on top and it felt that we could win by 1-2 goals. FML, that's two times in a row.

Why are people pissed of at White? He was better than Elliott, Moore and Fasolo. Fasolo had a cameo second half of the third quarter but thats it.

Instead of a Dangerfield lets look for a forward that can dominate, not just against s**t teams but also the big teams and not choke like the forwards we have now.

Missed some puds tonight atleast 5 from memory.
Hope Cloke and Varcoe are not rubbed out for Port game

At the end of the day, we blew this. But a loss is a loss. That's two in a row now. I'm loving watching the boys play but you lose games, you lose confidence. Then the rot sets in.

Sooner or later we have to stand up and win the games when we have the chance. Our kicking from key forwards is nothing short of disgraceful.

Before we know it we might be out of the eight.

Heartbreaking.

v disappointing but looking at it in perspective, the last 2 games confirm we are the real deal and top 5 if not top 4 - although unlikely to finish in the top 4 now which is a drag. I would have been pretty content to get within 5 goals of Freo and Dawks.
IF we get to a GF with Cloke, it's a toss up whether you get Cloke the shanker or Cloke the reasonably accurate kick.

Too many times tonight we let Hawthorn gather the ball uncontested. Watched Sidebottom on one occasion look to be scared out of the contest resulting in the ball heading directly back into the. Hawks F50.

I said it last week, we just don't know how to win, we will, but not yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missed some puds tonight atleast 5 from memory.
Hope Cloke and Varcoe are not rubbed out for Port game

I looked at the footage and it look like Varcoe only bumped him on the shoulder

It's belief

Who else thought we would fall just short tonight all the way through the game?

You get the feeling our young boys felt the same way.. but they'll mature

Just the class to finish off and take chances. Nothing changed from last week. The fact that we followed up after last week is a great sign!

Sure I am frustrated now but things need to be put in perspective. We have lost to the hawks by 40 odd points for about 7 matches in a row. Our game plan and talent got the job done, just the maturity to finish it off all around the ground wasn't there.

Again this is a development year and things are ahead of schedule so far this year.

Did everything we could to win but still lost. Have to win those when things are going our way. Imagine if Roughy played.

So Toovey's direct opponent has kicked 9 goals in the past 2 weeks, and his skills around the ground are s**t, but Toovey is still doing a good job?
Yes it's an anomaly

Cyril was great, apart from him our defence was massive tonight and has been most of the year, pity we haven't played anyone yet..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back