Autopsy Post game. Close but not quite. Pies down by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

F*** me, we need to take the route of red carding any Hawks pretending to be consoling and coming and saying 'great game'.
Go back to your board and circle jirk each other. Nothing drives me more wild

Disgraceful response. Show some class.

The Boston Strangler had nothing on White, he even makes Greg Norman look like a polished finisher.

That is 2 weeks in a row he has missed very gettable shots that would have put us in front in red time.

Not to let him off the hook but White wasn't the only one to miss easy shots, if others had nailed there shots we would've had the game wrapped up halfway through the 4th qtr

Missed some puds tonight atleast 5 from memory.
Hope Cloke and Varcoe are not rubbed out for Port game
at worst Varcoe will get a $1000 fine though I think he should get nothing.

You guys smashed us around the ball (8.8 56 vs 1.3 9 from stoppages). I guess with tonight's mood both teams played to their talents rather than to a strict plan. We got a lot of scores by getting the ball outside and you got a truckload of scores through pure grunt up the middle.

Watching the teams get together at the end was special. It is hard watching the post match presser right now.

I hope we get to meet again in September guys. Or even better October.

Apart from being gutted shattered and in tears.
I am very concerned as a young team we may loose our confidence and have shockers against power eagles and dogs.
I certantly hope i am wrong

Getting close again hurts. Was hoping to pinch one win against Freo or the Hawks.

Well done to both clubs after the game.

We need a medium forward, like Gunstan. When we play Gault, Moore or Grundy/Witts as the 3rd tall we are too big and slow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

at worst Varcoe will get a $1000 fine though I think he should get nothing.

You guys smashed us around the ball (8.8 56 vs 1.3 9 from stoppages). I guess with tonight's mood both teams played to their talents rather than to a strict plan. We got a lot of scores by getting the ball outside and you got a truckload of scores through pure grunt up the middle.

Watching the teams get together at the end was special. It is hard watching the post match presser right now.

I hope we get to meet again in September guys. Or even better October.

Where do you get these kind of stats from?

We need Sinkers back to assist Marley. Williams was brilliant on Puopolo, but then the other smalls got off the chain.
Grundy for Witts as well I think.
As disappointing as it is to lose another tight one against a contender. We need to think about the future & it is a very bright one.

I'm popping in to pay tribute to the tremendous gesture arranged by Bucks, Pendles, Clarko and Hodgy at the end of the game. Avery fitting tribute in very trying times.

Well a few thoughts:

1. Our game plan clearly holds up against the best in the competition. I was questioning before the game if we could maintain it for 4 quarters, and we petty much did that tonight. We just weren't as efficient when we needed to be, and Hawthorn were when they got the opportunities. I think we were the better team all night, they just had a few more polished players and that was the difference.

2. I'm not gonna blame our innacuracy in front of goal. We had the ball stuck in our forward half for most of the game - which meant that we rarely got easy shots. (as opposed to the other end). Obviously there was Clokes shank (which should be balanced with his goal from the flank near 50) but most of our misses from tough positions... sucks that we couldn't get them (when Hawthorn did) but most of them weren't easy shots.... at the end of the day, Hawthorn just took those chances when we didn't.

3. Playing Moore and Maynard, and not bringing Blair on until the 4th quarter. Very brave by Bucks, and I can't put any blame on it, because clearly it is decisions like that with youngsters that have our list where it is now, and that will mean a lot for the future of both these guys. And both boys stood up in their own right, Maynard showed that he's pretty much ready to play at this level, while Moore showed that he should have one hell of a future, but clearly needs to work on his strength and learn to handle the pace of the AFL game (neither of which are unexpected for a first year KPP).

ARGGGH - so frustrated at losing another one like this. Sick of "honourable losses"... but at least the future looks bright.

Well we should have already recruited one years ago but the recruiting staff has refused.

Hawthorn, the best team in the comp has a hybrid key forward and the second best team in the comp, Freo, has a 34 year old only. If it was so simple to just go and get a Cloke, everyone would have one. Cloke is a gun. You take the good with the bad. If Reid could come back in and play key forward great, if not we wait for Moore to come through.

Having gun players run through half back and half forward is more important. It's Gunston, Breust, Puopolo, Rioli, Smith and Hill that make Hawthorn so dangerous, not Hale and Ceglar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back