General AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The difference between a number 1 pick & a number 9 father/son pick....

McCartins debut - 'very underwhelming, needs to work harder, has a lot of work to do'
Darcy Moores debut - 'competed well, reads the play & Pies have a lot to work with'

o_O:confused:

Darcy Moore was ******* terrible tonight. Looked so far out of his depth it wasn't funny

Last edited:
The difference between a number 1 pick & a Collingwood pick....

McCartins debut - 'very underwhelming, needs to work harder, has a lot of work to do'
Darcy Moores debut - 'competed well, reads the play & Pies have a lot to work with'

o_O:confused:

Darcy Moore was ******* terrible tonight. Looked so far out of his depth it wasn't funny
EFA.

FWIW, Moore showed endeavour and courage. He'll be a good 'un.

I see a lot more potential in Paddy than Moore. Moore just doesn't look like a natural forward. I've said all through his draft year that his best position and role is a dour tall defender. I reckon he could succeed in that role and become a good shut down player.

Jordan De Goey is such a good player for someone so young and inexperienced. Can't wait to see him with a hundred games under his belt

Amazing to think they got all of De Goey, Crisp and Greenwood for Beams. The Same Beams who nominated Brisbane and had already moved back to QLD, clearly stating his intention to sit out the last year of his contract with Collingwood. The "Go Home 5" was bad but this deal was a ******* disgrace for the Lions.

WTF were Brisbane thinking?!?

Amazing to think they got all of De Goey, Crisp and Greenwood for Beams. The Same Beams who nominated Brisbane and had already moved back to QLD, clearly stating his intention to sit out the last year of his contract with Collingwood. The "Go Home 5" was bad but this deal was a ******* disgrace for the Lions.

WTF were Brisbane thinking?!?

Brisbane also got Jaden McGrath with a late pick. He has some real talent and slid due to injuries. Beames has easily transitioned into Brisbane's best midfielder and even player.

Greenwood hasn't been able to get on the park. I thought he was terribly overrated after one decent season.

Crisp looks a beauty but would he be performing differently without Pendlebury?

De Goey looks a star tho. Built like a 25 year old.

It's too early to make a call. Looks win-win at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got nothing against Darcy Moore. He'll end up a good player. Just get frustrated by the suck up glorification F/S players get from the media, while our Paddy got the 'tough harsh lesson' type reviews...

While Paddy didn't do much in his debut, he looked far more capable at the level than Moore did last night.

I do agree with Daddy_Barrels though, it's probably just because it's the media's darling Collingwood

Okay okay okay.... Seriously, when the * did Rance become so ******* good?! I'll put my hand up & say I was very very wrong a week or 2 ago.... I haven't seen the Tigers all that much in the last 2-3 years, so all I remember is Rance basically being a taller version of Cam Shenton... Now he's a ******* freak!

:oops::drunk:

He won't, but 'the same' is one of if not the best player(s) of all time. He could still be a very good player.

It's sad, he shouldn't have any less than 3 Brownlows (I would argue 4 or 5).

Agree he'll still be a good player but I dont think we'll see the magic he used to produce. It's ashame.

Gold Coast!! Swallow and Ablett back. Day as well. Playing well.

Can easily see them get a run on and start to show something in the second half of the season....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back