Crowd of 37,894 against Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I be with you mate. The Whole Day.

The VFL Game might be more Entreating then the AFL Game. As how Crap both Teams are Playing at the Moment.

IF it is raining I would not blame people staying home and we be lucky to get 30k next weekend
Where and what time in the VFL next week Dave? Wouldn't mind going for a look

I can't get to any games at the moment due to health reasons, that said if I could, why bother. I've supported the club financially for years (and will continue to do so) as have many on here, I don't feel beholden to attend every game, nor do I feel any guilt in not going.

It is what it is.

Perhaps the club should be asking itself why...

I Don't care if its traditional time slot and all, But Saturday at 2.10pm is possibly as s**t a time slot as there could be. The society is different now, values are different, entertainment is on tap, and doesn't help when the club is rudderless. People have s**t to do, responsibilities' to employers and to families, time is short. The AFL for this reason have been so slow and out of touch in allowing the GF to remain as it is. AFL will dick around with Twilight for a couple years, before to long it will be a night GF.

I went today but I suspect the fans might be smelling a rat with our recent performances. Yes, we lost to three good teams in Hawthorn, West Coast and Fremantle. Yes, Port Adelaide are better than their ladder position suggests, and we totally stuffed up our selection for the game. Yes, the Doggies have a talented young list and we had to play them at the Dome without Cloke.

However, we had no excuses for that performance today in reality. Who were we missing? Cloke, yes, and Reid who has been missing all season. We had Adams back, we dropped White to the ecstasy of many, even Elliott got a run after his injury. Do we really expect Ramsay and Broomhead to be the difference? Goldsack a big loss aside from his experience? Barring Cloke that was within spitting distance of our best team on exposed form and we totally blew chunks. Getting beaten by 37 points by the Demons is patently ridiculous.

"See Levi, you're the new guy...."

Protest with your feet, against the style of play and what we have served up over the last few weeks. ....dont go next week v Carlton, I'm not and l'm a paid up member. Unless the club can give some clarification of where we are at as a club and a review of the football department will be undertaken at seasons end, including the coach, l won't attend any further games nor renew my membership. The club says it doesn't settle for mediocrity, but that is been shoved in our faces at the moment. Hope the crowd is below 30k next week.

I used to love going to the games but that has changed as I've gotten older.

I stopped going regularly around 2009 though I've bought a 11 game season ticket every year since 2002. It's freezing cold, everything there is expensive and the noise of the crowd has begun to annoy me rather than excite me.

I also can't stand MYKI and that hurts my motivation to go the football because public transport is such a pain in the ass. It's way to expensive and so unreliable.

My attendance at games won't change whether we're winning or losing as I just prefer to comfort of my lounge room and a six pack of jack daniels and cola for the price of two drinks at the game.

There is a multitude of reasons why people don't attend games. I for one couldn't go yesterday because my kids were a bit crook and my mate who I usually go with, his whole family is crook too. Weather was freezing, Pies haven't been inspiring of late, injuries are taking a toll, AFL has been rife with scandals and controversy.....you get the drift?

For the most part, I believe society has changed completely and the way footy is now available 24/7 via many different types of media, it's just far too easy/cosy for punters to stay home, fill the esky and watch on tv. We have become a society that prefers to watch footy on tv! I think it is really sad but that is the biggest single reason why crowds are dwindling in record numbers in my humble opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to love going to the games but that has changed as I've gotten older.

I stopped going regularly around 2009 though I've bought a 11 game season ticket every year since 2002. It's freezing cold, everything there is expensive and the noise of the crowd has begun to annoy me rather than excite me.

I also can't stand MYKI and that hurts my motivation to go the football because public transport is such a pain in the ass. It's way to expensive and so unreliable.

My attendance at games won't change whether we're winning or losing as I just prefer to comfort of my lounge room and a six pack of jack daniels and cola for the price of two drinks at the game.

I also have claustrophobia pretty bad so that makes getting out of the ground, back to the station and onto the train extremely tense for me and plays with my patience something shocking.

Protest with your feet, against the style of play and what we have served up over the last few weeks. ....dont go next week v Carlton, I'm not and l'm a paid up member. Unless the club can give some clarification of where we are at as a club and a review of the football department will be undertaken at seasons end, including the coach, l won't attend any further games nor renew my membership. The club says it doesn't settle for mediocrity, but that is been shoved in our faces at the moment. Hope the crowd is below 30k next week.

So you wan a crowd if 0 and team to play at a Empty Stadium?

I will not do that

I Don't care if its traditional time slot and all, But Saturday at 2.10pm is possibly as s**t a time slot as there could be. The society is different now, values are different, entertainment is on tap, and doesn't help when the club is rudderless. People have s**t to do, responsibilities' to employers and to families, time is short. The AFL for this reason have been so slow and out of touch in allowing the GF to remain as it is. AFL will dick around with Twilight for a couple years, before to long it will be a night GF.
Seconded.

This is another nail in the coffin for the "traditionalists" who bullshit about Saturday arvo being the number 1 timeslot for football games and what the crowds want for GF day. This went out with the 6 o'clock swill. Factor in work, family, travel and cost plus the way we are playing and why would you want to sit in the cold when you can go to the pub or just sit in your lounge room and watch it for free on Foxtel?

The fact is the AFL live "experience" is barely worth the effort especially with the sloppy, mauling product clubs like us dish up.

I only go to every game because I pay for 5 full AFL Memberships for the whole family.
I can't really afford not to go. Would be wasting a lot of money.
I also go to a lot of neutral games to get my moneys worth.
I went on Friday night (shouted a couple of mates who barrack for Richmond and Hawthorn) and enjoyed that game more than our game.
I can't point out what is wrong with our crowds.
No passion with our supporters. I loved the passion Tigers supporters showed on Friday night.
Will be back again next week.
Love my Pies !!!

I only go to every game because I pay for 5 full AFL Memberships for the whole family.
I went on Friday night (shouted a couple of mates who barrack for Richmond and Hawthorn) and enjoyed that game more than our game.
No passion with our supporters. I loved the passion Tigers supporters showed on Friday night.
Love my Pies !!!

The Tigers at the Moment are like us in 2002/2003 when we been down for so Long and now just coming really good

Love my Pies !!!
Cheer squad has been uninspiring for awhile, looked like Melbourne's was bigger than ours.

Cheer squad has been uninspiring for awhile, looked like Melbourne's was bigger than ours.

It looked a lot bigger. They seemed close to full and ours had lot of empty spaces

If you think everyone works 9-5 mon to fri and Saturday extra time you need to get in to the real world. Night games don't suit everyone especially shift workers.

The club has to do something about the Ponsford stand end. It's embarrassing how empty it is on a continual basis. I thought this issue had been raised at the past few annual meetings and they were going to try and fix it. Looks really s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back