List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some would argue that all players have plenty of upside. I prefer a player that has achieved enough that they only have downside left.

I'm going to think about what I think about this statement some more.

Plenty. More recently.. Kennedy, McGlynn...

In years past, Croad, McPharlin, Brad Scott, Ablett, Barnard...

Barnard? Wow, couldn't include him surely.

So under Clarksons reign, it's really only Kennedy, but we weren't overly keen on holding him and he left by choice when Sydney offered so much more $ and opportunity.

Point being, I don't think during Clarksons tenure the club has been willing to trade someone they were so keen on, especially for something high risk in return.

I believe Woodward can make it. He can get in & under & get that ball. We can develop Hardisty aswell. Hope Hawks can pull off two trades.

I believe Woodward can make it. He can get in & under & get that ball. We can develop Hardisty aswell. Hope Hawks can pull off two trades.

Hardisty is a body ready mid in our development side, next year he'll have to be showing a bit in the Box Hill seniors to stay on the list.. From what I've seen he looks like a good ball winner, maybe endurance is what's lacking.

Hardisty is a body ready mid in our development side, next year he'll have to be showing a bit in the Box Hill seniors to stay on the list.. From what I've seen he looks like a good ball winner, maybe endurance is what's lacking.
Doubt his endurance is the issue. I think he had a surprisingly good beep test score for a stocky guy carrying a bit of puppy fat. His kicking and perhaps decision making is what he needs to work on.

Id be amazed if Danger went to Geelong, the only thing they have is he bought a house in Mogg Creek, but honestly what wealthy young man in his 20s would want to live there full time ?

He says he wants success, well Geelong would be the last place to go, He may not play in a final again. They have won 10 games and going by the AFL ratings 8 of their best 15 players could be gone next year.

Theres going to be a surprise club with a Buddy like deal getting him.

He may be soft, and he may be a one trick pony, but that trick is something we seriously lack. An elite contested mark.
I don't believe he's a one trick pony at all , maybe at Melb but would love to see him elsewhere .

Nah he topped the beep test from memory from state screening.

I think it is his disposal / decision making that he needs to work on.

Maybe a tad more speed too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah he topped the beep test from memory from state screening.

I think it is his disposal / decision making that he needs to work on.

Maybe a tad more speed too.

Yeah you'd prob know more than me.. He seems a player from what I've seen, hopefully he develops those weaker parts of his game

I think we got eye on Jake Carlisle... kind of explains why Lake hasn't been re-signed

Lake wasn't re-signed this time last year either.

We haven't signed Brian because of numerous potential factors:

1. He could get a serious injury
2. We want to do a full review on our season and determine our chances for 2016. If we are satisfied we are in the mix Lake stays. If we are not Lake goes.
3. We want to develop Litherland, Kurt and Brand
4. We have a target we wish to replace Lake

I'm interested in Howe, and mainly because he seems like the very type of player that Wright would look at as having a high ceiling that Clarkson and co could possibly expose.

I remember thinking that a struggling ruckman at North Melbourne, who couldn't get a senior game was a bad target...and look how that worked out. Similar with an undersized backman, who was struggling to keep his spot.

I'm interested in Howe, and mainly because he seems like the very type of player that Wright would look at as having a high ceiling that Clarkson and co could possibly expose.

I remember thinking that a struggling ruckman at North Melbourne, who couldn't get a senior game was a bad target...and look how that worked out. Similar with an undersized backman, who was struggling to keep his spot.

Where do you see the big improvement coming from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back