Pets Things that please me

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love shellac

ALBINI-PORTRAIT_SMALL-300x300.jpeg

I don't waste time or money on my fingernails. Am always biting them. :$

Hence why I focus more attention on my toenails.
I don't bite mine but they do get chipped easily with regular nail polish. Got a couple of do's this week so thought I'd get them done properly.

Toes are important.

I don't bite mine but they do get chipped easily with regular nail polish. Got a couple of do's this week so thought I'd get them done properly.

Toes are important.

Apparently there is more bacteria under your fingernails than a rubbish bin.

Yet here I am...

Altho having said that they're not looking all that bad right now. But give it time.

The past few days have been absolute hell for me.

Got a couple assignments due this Friday, anxiety has been wrapped over me, I just spend all my time in bed sleeping away my anxiety.

I'm finally up ready to do it, decide to procrastinate by checking what time on Friday it's gotta be due in.... the harder assessment is actually due on the ******* 20th!!!!

I am genuinely the happiest bloke right now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a couple assignments due this Friday, anxiety has been wrapped over me, I just spend all my time in bed sleeping away my anxiety.
I'm assuming you're exaggerating a little??

If not, I've never understood this mentality. Just get up, face it and do the bloody thing! What's lying in bed worrying and sooking like a little kid going to achieve?

I always put important things in my life off as anxiety and worry starts to build and build and build as I get closer to the date.

I literally put most things off to the latest possible point that I "have to" do it because I cbs doin s**t

I'm finally up ready to do it, decide to procrastinate by checking what time on Friday it's gotta be due in.... the harder assessment is actually due on the ******* 20th!!!!

I am genuinely the happiest bloke right now

Inb4 panic attack on the 19th when you haven't done s**t

If not, I've never understood this mentality. Just get up, face it and do the bloody thing! What's lying in bed worrying and sooking like a little kid going to achieve?

It's not mentality, it's anxiety.

The best analogy I can think of is like running against strong winds while every step you take hurts like s**t.

The best analogy I can think of is like running against strong winds while every step you take hurts like s**t.

i think what you are experiencing and the causes of it are normal for a uni student. procrastinating and generally a lot of time to do things. henceforth putting it off. then stress comes, and the easiest way to deal with it is to put it off further. a vicious cycle ensues.

the step up from uni to the workforce taught me that you can't afford to put things off like that as it has a systemic effect on your colleagues and company.

i recommend getting stuck into the assignments mate. it will get easier with each word you type.

My brother (completing a PhD) has experienced the same anxiety. He felt there was so much to do and he had no idea where to start, so he'd put it off until the anxiety of the looming deadlines nearly swallowed him.

He ended up seeing a counselor who helped him to compartmentalize and taught him to break things down into chunks so they didn't seem so big and hard to start. He has much better study habits and less anxiety now.

But honestly, if you can't handle the workload at uni, you're going to struggle later on in life.

And surely you can see that lying in bed doesn't help the situation?

My brother (completing a PhD) has experienced the same anxiety. He felt there was so much to do and he had no idea where to start, so he'd put it off until the anxiety of the looming deadlines nearly swallowed him.

He ended up seeing a counselor who helped him to compartmentalize and taught him to break things down into chunks so they didn't seem so big and hard to start. He has much better study habits and less anxiety now.
Yeah I've been on meds for the past few weeks now which I think has helped, and have recently gone to see a psychologist. Unfortunately the timing has coincided when a whole bunch of assignments are due.

But honestly, if you can't handle the workload at uni, you're going to struggle later on in life.

And surely you can see that lying in bed doesn't help the situation?
But it's not struggling with workload, it's struggling with anxiety.

There's a big difference.

Anxiety doesn't pertain to all kinds of stress, although it can. For whatever reason, anxiety can be specific, like how someone can jump out of a plane but can't handle being in an elevator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back