Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Err Hampton has named Adelaide. Menzel, Seedsman and Mayes are all contracted and only one of them is freely meeting with clubs in hope of regular game. The other two have barely been mentioned in a month.

It has been reported in couple articles however nothing directly from Hampton or his Manager

Happy for someone to show me otherwise

Yarren is contracted and still nominated Richmond

McCarthy is contracted and still nominated Fremantle

Trading is a high stakes game of Texas holdem with the afl as the dealer.

At this point in time, the clubs and players have laid their bets on the flop.
The afl usually deal the Crows 2,7 offsuit

It has been reported in couple articles however nothing directly from Hampton or his Manager

Happy for someone to show me otherwise

Yarren is contracted and still nominated Richmond

McCarthy is contracted and still nominated Fremantle
I thought Hamptons manager confirmed it on trade radio this arvo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, really came out of nowhere. We could never have predicted 3 months ago that we would need to sort out our coaching situation before trade week.

Campo is out there meeting with players as required. I know for a fact he met with Seedsman and I believe he also met with Hampton. He may well be able to tell the players he is meeting that the coaching stuff is sorted (everyone seems pretty clear that it's Pyke but waiting for Eagles finals and post finals wrap up).

It's not exactly the same as meeting with your new head coach. But it is our most recent senior coach, who also will be remaining at the club as a senior assistant. That's the best we've got at the moment. And it's a pretty good second best.

Why is that? I don't see it myself. They don't necessarily strike me as a team with an awesome culture.

Mate of a mate played for them for a few years. Facilities and football department are second to none, as are the the opportunities for the players outside of football. Anything you might be looking to get into after footy, they've got a connection to help you on your way to getting there.

I find it interesting that Brisbane have been so full on about saying that Aish won't be traded under any circumstances but Redden, Leuey and Mayes not a word.
They said they wouldn't trade Mayes about a month ago

With Grundy from the pies, is that just BF rumour or does it have legs? What would he be worth? Bearing in mind that all these clubs that have to part with players/picks to land all these other top shelf players.

From what I have seen, I rate Grundy (minus the hair style).... And he is "big" but would it be exciting for redhorse?

Was it Bicks on 5AA that mentioned Hampton and pick 8 for our 13 and 32? Where'd it come from?

Would depend on whether GWS think they can get Jacob Hopper with pick 13, if they can the downgrade of pick 8 will cost them nothing as they will take him if they had pick 5.

With Grundy from the pies, is that just BF rumour or does it have legs? What would he be worth? Bearing in mind that all these clubs that have to part with players/picks to land all these other top shelf players.

From what I have seen, I rate Grundy (minus the hair style).... And he is "big" but would it be exciting for redhorse?

We don't need a ruckman but and he is not a key forward or key defender.

He is a fantastic player but Sauce Jacobs is superior.

GWS need points to meet their academy picks. Overall the points actually stack up for them.

That trade is about understanding your counterparts needs. They may well be indifferent to pick 8 vs 13 as they will likely is that pick plus later ones if required to get the points together for the same academy player.

Ie GWS probably end up with the same player regardless of using pick 8 or pick 13 + 31. Wouldn't mind some input again from a draft expert in this
This is exactly the type of arbitrage we need to look at. If GWS are only looking at point values we could end up with an absolute steal, which would not otherwise occur if the were actually going to the draft. Must exploit this!

We will get our big fish to replace Danger. I am convinced after hearing we went hard at Cameron. I am sure it will be a contracted player. Who is it? I have no idea. Maybe think outside the box. Which mid is looking for fresh start? Who has caused issues at their club this year? Rockliff at Brisbane? Mitchell at Swans? Maybe a mid from a team with too many mids looking for more game time? Throw some names at me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back