Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe you could trade one for O'Meara.

Losing them and getting the Carlilse deal is better than losing them and getting the Ryder deal.

Bloody hell we seem to have cleaned up on the Carlisle deal. Have had a look at Parish, is bloody silky. Francis I don't think has the tank to play much senior footy yet.

Wouldn't want to trade them - would be hopeful of re-signing the five mentioned; though I'm curious what contact can be made while they are suspended. Common sense tells me we could still deal with their managers.

Hooker would be likeliest to leave IMO; though I hope not of course.

I don't want Myers or Colyer. Myers is slow and injury prone and Colyer quick and butches the ball. You couldn't play Colyer and Gibson in the same side and not end up pulling your hair out.

Rubbish re: Colyer - if he elected to go as a FA he'd be getting offers from a fair chunk of the league.

It is spelt Jaeger. He is not a German liquor.

I think he's gone more likely than not but a really good season from the team could sway him. I hope he gets fit enough to play good footy so we can sell him at a high price, get in more picks and replace him with our two gun academy midfielders this year. Could actually work out really well losing him. Prefer to keep him though obviously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would give up plenty but we have nothing left to give. How about a late forth rounder and some good will.;).
Actually, Sidebottom is a free agent at the end of the year, so how about Sidebottom, a late forth rounder and some good will.
I think most clubs would want him but there would be very few that will be in a position to get him.
My money is on the Hawks.

No, Sidey is about to sign a contract, next.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-03/no-interest-in-talking-to-melbourne-clubs-omeara

^This aticle says he's "not going anywhere" despite him not saying that.

I'll leave this article below to those little who think he'll stay.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-01/treloar-rubbishes-magpie-rumour-expects-to-sign-soon-

Personally I think he'll be at any other club besides Richmond... Because Richmonds crap.
If Treloar was offered more money by GWS he probably would have re-signed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got money on an up and coming club, who has a war chest and is on the rise, I'm going to back, Melbourne, he'll be more than their Paul Roos signing for 2017, it'll be a godfather or an offer he can't refuse.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-03/no-interest-in-talking-to-melbourne-clubs-omeara

^This aticle says he's "not going anywhere" despite him not saying that.

I'll leave this article below to those little who think he'll stay.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-01/treloar-rubbishes-magpie-rumour-expects-to-sign-soon-

Personally I think he'll be at any other club besides Richmond... Because Richmonds crap.
I know at least one club who are out of the running due to selling the farm. ;):D so he wont be going to them.

By the way, if were crap then what's collingwood remembering that this is a family site.

Carlton, Melbourne, Saints & Essendon could all afford him but these days it's hard for the clubs down the bottom to poach players.

Dogs, Collingwood & Cats have invested heavily in other players.

I think it's down to Richmond, North, maybe Hawthorne if they can fit him in. All depends on what sort of person he is.

There's been a lot of whispers/talk in recent months that we're heavily into him, including from Inside Football/SEN's Brett Anderson, who tends to have his finger on the pulse pretty well. He named us as being the "frontrunner" for his services (if he chose to leave) late last season. Injury-free, he would be the exact type to a tee that we would be targeting and I imagine we'd be very willing to offer up our next two first rounders if that was what it took to make it happen.

Knee would be a pretty serious concern though, which really complicates matters for anyone chasing him.

Will take 2 first rounders just to get a convo with GC if stays on the field this year and for the sake of the game I hope he does.

We would obviously have a crack but history says we wont land him, although we will force some fool into paying too much.

There's been a lot of whispers/talk in recent months that we're heavily into him, including from Inside Football/SEN's Brett Anderson, who tends to have his finger on the pulse pretty well. He named us as being the "frontrunner" for his services (if he chose to leave) late last season. Injury-free, he would be the exact type to a tee that we would be targeting and I imagine we'd be very willing to offer up our next two first rounders if that was what it took to make it happen.

Knee would be a pretty serious concern though, which really complicates matters for anyone chasing him.
Just a slight problem with that i'm afraid, does the name Jake ring any bells.

If his knee is OK this guy in 2 years could be regarded as the best midfielder in the game. If he leaves at all you will need about 750K a year as a start.

If his knee is OK this guy in 2 years could be regarded as the best midfielder in the game. If he leaves at all you will need about 750K a year as a start.

And the rest. Clubs will offer him a buddy type deal if his knee comes good. At least 7 years 800k-1m ball park. Depending of course how he goes this year.

The fact he's putting contract talks off tells me he's confident he can recover well. If he wasn't, he'd sign up the second GC offed him a contract.

Geez I hope it comes good because there's nothing worse then a player cut down by injury

Just a slight problem with that i'm afraid, does the name Jake ring any bells.
If they trade out another player, get a first in return, they can on-trade that pick. Not sure it'll happen but if Saints are willing to sacrifice enough for him, they could get it done, if he was happy to go there and they had the cap room. Didn't Jake end up signing on for 700k a year? Wouldn't want too many more on mega coin at the same time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back