List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who’s replacing Kingsley?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Show a bit of respect for the man who recruited Lachie Plowman.

Twice.

In total he recruited nine players twice. That's backing yourself.

Hopper being contracted is not a plus for the club that has to get that contract off its books.

The man recruited Jono O'Rourke. With pick 2. And sold him two years later for pick 19 when it was obvious he was dogshit. He's a genius.

Ah, Lara. The Dandenong of Geelong. No one from Geelong would say Lara is Geelong.
"I'm from Melbourne."
"Oh, whereabouts?"
"Seymour."
"Hmm."
I live in Melbourne and I like Geelong the burbs...

I spent a lot of time in Lara, have family there. Got a few roots at The Lyric Beck in the day 😍
Who didn't. Saw The Screaming Jets there in their heyday.

is Lara Geelong by the Gaol?
Geelong by the Shitfarm.

Leppa - you heard it here first.
Great. That will weaken Collingworth and after the Essington coterie stab Leppa in the back he can come crawling home.

I’d be happy to give Soldo and a 2023 third for pick 27.
Why.

Well i been trying to find out how many players we actually can have on the senior list and how many rookies
according to

We currently had 36 senior listed players 6 rookies (Miller , Stack , Pickett , Biggy , Aarts , Parker ) + 1 Cat B (Colina)
Stack & Pickett must be upgraded or delisted and Aarts/Parker delisted retired would leave us with just 2 Rookies and 1 Cat B.

Some teams in 2022 had 38 senior listed players with 6 Rookies Adelaide & St Kilda with Geelong having 38 also but only 3 rookies.

So if we can have 38 senior listed players that would be interesting as to what we might do as we have only 33 players on the senior list with the retirements of Lambert , Caddy , Edwards leaving us 5 senior spots and 2 Rookie spots

So Basically
In: Hopper , Taranto
Upgrade: Pickett , Stack
Draft : 1 new player
Draft: 2 Rookies
Pickett is good enough to play for another 5 years, forget about his age, he has a lean tough wiry body and he is a runner so pace is not an issue. Easily in our top 10 performers this year !!

I spent a lot of time in Lara, have family there. Got a few roots at The Lyric Beck in the day 😍
So how long were you in Lara for?

Animated GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bag the Cats all you want but to call someones home, my home, a sh!thole is a dog move. Sure parts of Geelong are average but so is much of Melbourne. Grow up potato.
I was born in geelong. Geelongs s**t. They even like to pretend thats it's "geelong and the surf coast". Well thanks to bomber thompson and our former president, i suppose the shitness (bland suburbia full of wannabes thinking they are in byron) has spread to Torquay.

Theres a few quaint houses in south geelong and some nice old heritage buildings in the city that are now full of persian rug emporiums. Seriously, hang around market square more than 5 minutes and some loser is going to pick a fight with you. Its ****ed.

The thing I don’t get about trade radio is that there can’t be enough listeners to make all those inane ads financially cover what those blokes would charge to sit there and make stuff up for hours on end

It has to be a loss making exercise for the AFL yet they extend it to start before the season is even over?

Reeks of an in-house AFL media department that’s gotten too big and wasteful (like every other AFL department). Whole place needs a clean out before they spend all the rights money and leave grass roots with nothing
Yep, classic Corporate Believers talking themselves right up each other's assholes.

Then, after the Great Disaster, there's a REVIEW, perhaps even two to answer for themselves where all the money went.

Newsflash, the money all went on your Corporate Waste and Excess and Lunches and Weekends Away and Assistants and the Spearmint Hippo or whatever they call it now aaaaaand Consultants. Mega Consultants.

While all that was going on, someone left Shocking alone, back at AFL World with the Rule Book and a free reign to make whatever changes he liked (no trials necessary Shocko) that suited his fave team.

It really does make you want to vomit.

Pickett is good enough to play for another 5 years, forget about his age, he has a lean tough wiry body and he is a runner so pace is not an issue. Easily in our top 10 performers this year !!
he seems to be getting better each year. Even his pace seemed to go to a new level this year.

3 or 4 sons too!!! Get him to 100.

Last edited:
they are looking to bend us over and you guys wanna overpay

ffs sos even said 12 is what tarranto goes for

if thats the case hopper goes for 19

we're done
Would be great if that happened as it would send salt levels through the roof, but I reckon it's going to be a bit more than that.

This board has absolutely crucified SOS for having generally no idea and making terrible trades, but as soon as he says something that fits a narrative we like, we lap it up like it's gospel.

Never change you lot.
So's just playing the clickbait game that is trade radio. Say something that will get a fan base engaged and off they go.

and if they (GWS) have any sense, they should have back-up strategies such as the above example in case there's no sensible trade for Taranto & Hopper proposed by us. They just have to get rid of salary, not specific players. We're pragmatic enough to get it done, but never count your chickens...

Getting Whitfield and Coniglio off the books would of been my first order of the day. Then I would of looked at moving Josh Kelly.

Losing Taranto and Hopper is a disaster, especially the later as he was an academy selection.

McCartney has cooked that list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back