List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome reply, cheers. It would be interesting if JDG goes to FA and then the Pies match without the clause, I think that's what JDG would want.
Yeah to my point.

It makes no sense to match an offer for more money if you can get it done on less money by removing the clause

Clearly JDG wants to stay at the pies. That’s why they are negotiating. But I’m happy to be the bridesmaid who wins in the end. Ala Gehrig and Hamill

Yeah to my point.

It makes no sense to match an offer for more money if you can get it done on less money by removing the clause

Clearly JDG wants to stay at the pies. That’s why they are negotiating. But I’m happy to be the bridesmaid who wins in the end. Ala Gehrig and Hamill
The thing that really complicates things, is if they get McStay via free agency they don't get a pick for JDG is that right?

So the only way I can actually see him getting to us is if they absolutely refuse to back down on the behaviour clauses.

There would be stories like this at every club in any sport.

But for us as fans to sit there and turn our noses up at what other players do - is laughable as we have supported our own players who have done worse.

Where you sit on that Gringo is up to you. I’m at the point that I just want to see my club win. I’m too old now to care about these blokes as idols and want their autographs and photos etc.

Excusing illegal behaviour just to get wins is pretty poor. The Hawks are getting smashed for having a lack of morality in their ambition to win at all costs as did Essendon. There shouldn't be a point of desperation where you'll suspend all morality.

Yeah to my point.

Exactly we need to win every trade we are selling our players short and buying high.
If shoe was on the other foot and dunstan played for another club we would have traded a 3rd round pick and 200k a year to provide support for steele etc

So the club aided him in concealing illegal activity for years.....and the fans knew nothing of it, but we are hypocrites for it? Wow, that's the kind of logic that runs our recruiting department. That's the kind of toxic, morally bankrupt stuff that the Hawks ended up taking to the extreme.

If JDG is doing anything like that perhaps it's best that we don't go after him. Reminded me of this tweet.

Francis is embarrassing

Again - missing the point.

If we drafted gringo and he was a superstar but had a history of JDG issues. You would still support him.

But if the saints were after Gringo the superstar who played at a different club. You would turn your nose up because we didn’t draft him and he had off field issues?

😂

I guess it's like forgiving a one off cheating spouse compared to knowingly going out with a serial cheater and getting shocked that they are cheating on you.

Francis is embarrassing

I've heard a few people from multiple clubs saying the same thing. I think the AFL is going to have to do some pretty serious damage control over this. It's going to amplify once the GF is over. 2 clubs don't have coaches that can start work and Essendon still hasn't signed one.

Unless JDG causes us to lose out on potential sponsors, then I honestly couldn't care that he goes to Bali during his break.

It's not like we have innocent players at the club, it's just none of them are big names to actually cause a headline.

We have become irrelevant in the AFL were we have not had one incident reported on in the last 10 years.

Get players who can put us back in the spotlight in terms on making grandfinals etc and I can with a few partying hard.

Roo, Del etc weren't angels either in terms of partying but boy could they play!.
The board meeting they had , they would of looked at the effect on sponsorship if DeGoey was signed , before giving the ok to sign him.

The thing that really complicates things, is if they get McStay via free agency they don't get a pick for JDG is that right?

So the only way I can actually see him getting to us is if they absolutely refuse to back down on the behaviour clauses.
Given De Goey would probably get them a 1st rounder and Mcstay would be worth a second, I would assume they will still get some form of pick just not the first rounder. Maybe a end of second that would help them get Frampton or Bobby Hill

I've heard a few people from multiple clubs saying the same thing. I think the AFL is going to have to do some pretty serious damage control over this. It's going to amplify once the GF is over. 2 clubs don't have coaches that can start work and Essendon still hasn't signed one.
I bet he continues to earn a living off the back of the sport, however.

Tweets virtuos shite ad nauseum.

The kind of bloke to march with modern feminists hoping to get a root, only to be looked at in pity.

Jog on Frank or do something rather than just talk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think Gram didn’t have priors and the club just woke up one day to his latest indiscretion and thought - bye Jason.

The bloke was pumping a stunner from my high school when she was 16/17 (07/08)

He was doing a wide range of substances during his playing day with us too.

So no, they didn’t just say seeya. For a long time they tolerated this type of behaviour.

Which is why it’s rich for our fans to turn their noses up at JDG behaviour.

Fair dinkum, thinking we are in a position to pretend we are better or have better morals. Some of the s**t that we supported and defended - did a lot worse then JDG.

It’s why we shouldn’t be drawing battle lines over signing him because of his choices outside of football. Clearly the club aren’t.
Dunno what Gram got up to away from footy, but he was one of our best finals players- a few of his more fancied teammates couldn't produce on the biggest day. Just get the best players so we can win a flag.

I guess it's like forgiving a one off cheating spouse compared to knowingly going out with a serial cheater and getting shocked that they are cheating on you.
Ultimately they are both cheaters.

Being more forgiving to one because she is your spouse is the same argument as my football team one.

Which again, you have proven my point Gringo

Excusing illegal behaviour just to get wins is pretty poor. The Hawks are getting smashed for having a lack of morality in their ambition to win at all costs as did Essendon. There shouldn't be a point of desperation where you'll suspend all morality.
So maybe St Kilda & Ratts aren't underperforming. Perhaps we've just been operating on a higher moral ground than most other clubs.
We should all consider this possibility into account when critiquing the club.
Well done you absolute Saints.

It’s sad but it’s true, some players will have that mindset. Be happier either with an easier environment or willing to sacrifice winning flags for more money.

Gold Coast would be the best place to play if you did. Nice weather all year round, live by the beach and don’t have the hassles of folk knowing who you are and trying to talk to you or asking for a photo.
You have gone off track mate , Premo was more talking about what he sees as the difference between playing at the Saints or Collingwood

The board meeting they had , they would of looked at the effect on sponsorship if DeGoey was signed , before giving the ok to sign him.

Or didn't give a shit if it saved their jobs.

I can’t believe how much of this thread is taken up by the De Goey discussion compared to the Bowes-Pick 7 discussion. The fact we have Ben Long who also wants to go TO the Suns must have us right up there in that discussion.

The idea we could get a talented player and pick 7 for pretty much just eating up some salary? Insanely good offer, it would be better than North’s assistance package lol.

I’d want the club to pay that wage even if it was proposed as a tax to simply to get access to pick 7.

I'm not sure what I think about the DeGoey situation.

What is the worst-case scenario? A. We get a really good player who is a bit of a dick? Or B. We miss out on a really good player who is a bit of a dick?

The upside is easy. Either way we piss off Collingwood.

I just hope it gets sorted quickly once we hit the trade period so we can then get on with the other stuff.

I can’t believe how much of this thread is taken up by the De Goey discussion compared to the Bowes-Pick 7 discussion. The fact we have Ben Long who also wants to go TO the Suns must have us right up there in that discussion.

The idea we could get a talented player and pick 7 for pretty much just eating up some salary? Insanely good offer, it would be better than North’s assistance package lol.

I’d want the club to pay that wage even if it was proposed as a tax to simply to get access to pick 7.
At the end of the day with Bowes it will come down to who he nominates

Who is this Bowe or Bowes everyone is talking about? I have never heard of him.

Gold Coast player, was an early pick, has had a few injury issues, pretty classy, a bit like Sincs and Hunter to me. Could be another classic Suns not playing a talented bloke who goes on to bigger things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back